Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

So, what is it?

Cali's P.O.V.

“Well, here's all the choices. Pick the one you want,” I told Kara as we were in the store looking at all the tests.

“Why, where are you going?” She asked as I turned around.

“To grab some pop. If we come home without it, Brendon will know I was lying,” I told her before walking over to the section with all the drinks. I grabbed a 12 pack of Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, and Mountain Dew and figured I could just grab some Red Bull to keep Brendon busy for a little bit. Ryan or Jon would have to buy beer on their own because they were the only ones legally allowed.

“There's so many, how do you know which ones gonna be right?” Kara asked me as I walked back up to her with the cart.

“I don't know. I've never been pregnant and had a reason to get one. I guess you just grab a few different ones and try them. And if they all come out positive, I'd say you're knocked up,” I told her shrugging.

“I guess so. Then I'll try these,” She said grabbing three off the shelf.

“Okay, well then, ready to go?”

“Sure. Might as well get this over with as fast as I can,” She said and we walked to the check out line.

As soon as we were home I put the pop away and told her to sneak past Brendon up the stairs with the tests in her pocket. I waited about five minutes before I walked back upstairs to my room and closed the door behind me. Then I walked over and knocked on the bathroom door and waited for a response.

“Who is it?” She asked.

“Cali.”

“Hang on, I'll be right out. I'm pissing on the little stick thingy,” She told me and I laughed.

“Thanks for the visual,” I told her.

“Shut up,” She said opening the door and walking out.

“How long do we have to wait for results?”

“Um, fifteen minutes I think.”

“Okay, then let's hope your brother stays distracted for fifteen minutes and your boyfriend doesn't decide to get here early,” I told her looking at the door.

“We can only hope.”

We sat in silence as she stared at the three tests on the counter with an expressionless look on her face.

“What happens if I am?” She asked suddenly.

“Then you raise a child. You will keep it won't you?” I asked her.

“Of course. But, I don't know what Spencer's going to do when and if I have to tell him.”

“I'm sure he'll be happy about it. Have you guys ever talked about it at all?”

“No. We've been dating for a month, I never thought I was going to get pregnant. And what if he doesn't want the baby? I mean, I can't raise this kid all by myself,” She said.

“You won't be by yourself. Even if things don't go well with Spencer, I'll help you out and I'm sure Brendon will too. As for your mother, I'm not so sure,” I told her and it was true. I had never met their mother, but from the stories both Kara and Brendon had told me she seemed like a bitch.

“Ugh, don't even remind me. If she even found out I took these tests, pregnant or not, she'd castrate Spencer and send me to live in a convent in Antarctica with total isolation to any man,” She said rolling her eyes. “And then there's Brendon,” She said slowly.

“Do you think he's going to be mad?” I asked her.

“I'm not sure actually. He might be, or he might be extremely happy about their being a new baby, even though Angie and Jon just had Jacob,” She told me biting her lip and thinking.

“He loves babies doesn't he?” I asked smiling.

“Yeah, until they turn into little terrible walking, talking disasters.”

I started laughing. “Not a lot of people love them a whole lot then. Except their parents of course.”

“Has it been fifteen minutes yet?” She asked looking at the clock.

“I think you still have another minute or two,” I told her lazily lying down.

“Thank you,” She told me.

“For what?”

“Doing this. You didn't have to buy me these or even do anything, but you did.”

“Well, we're practically family now. And anyway, it's what friends do,” I told her.

“Yeah,” She said smiling. “I'm going to check them now.”

I watched her walk in the bathroom and pick on of them up.

“So, what is it?” I asked her getting up to stand beside her.

“It's positive,” She breathed.

“Okay, don't freak out yet. What do the others say?” I asked trying to help her keep her composure.

She picked it up and stared at it a minute, looking over the directions so she could read it. “Negative.”

“Well that's no help. What does the other one say? Maybe that will be more helpful,” I said.

“It's...."
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliff hanger? So, if you want to find out what the results for the third pregnancy test is, I need comments. The more I get the sooner I update. Eight people commented last time. It's a little more, but I still think it could be just a tinsy bit higher. So come on your silent readers, theres about twenty of you and I'd really like to know what you think. So just give me a little message. Hell, it can even just be one word: GOOD!