Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

What's going on?

Brendon's P.O.V.

I watched as she gave me a blank look before glancing at the wrapper in my hand, then her face drained of color and she looked completely helpless.

“I, uh, n- Kara!” She yelled, but I don't think it was loud enough for it to even travel through the door.

“What about Kara?” I asked, now becoming confused.

“Fuck,” She said sitting down.

“You're not making any sense, babe. Are you pregnant? You know I'm not going to be mad,” I told her trying to get at least more than one word out of her that would make sense.

“No, I'm not pregnant,” She told me.

“Is Kara?”

“Um, hang on,” She said and walked out the door. I heard her call for Kara and a moment later they both walked back in the room. I was still standing in the bathroom doorway with the wrapper in my hand and I must have looked really confused because when Kara walked in the room, she looked at me with raised eyebrows.

“Okay, ask her?” Cali told me as she sat back down on the bed.

“What's going on?” Kara asked looking from me to Cali and back.

“You could tell me,” I said waving the wrapper around a little more.

Her face flushed and her head snapped to look at Cali. “You didn't tell him, did you?” She asked hurriedly.

“No, she didn't tell me anything. But right now, I'm really curious, what's up Kara?” I asked her.

“I-I'm pregnant,” She told me swallowing.

I sat staring at her for a minute before I spoke again. “You're pregnant?” I asked.

She must have took my tone as mad because after I said this she scrambled over her words trying to explain herself.

“I didn't mean for it to happen, it was-” She started.

“Kara, I'm not mad,” I told her quickly.

“You-you're not?”

“Of course not, I'm surprised, and a little concerned, but I am in no way mad at you,” I told her.

“Thank god. I thought for sure you were going to kill me,” She said.

“Ha, no. But I'm not the one you should worry about.”

“What do you mean?”

“Mom?” I asked.

“I don't have to tell her,” She said simply.

“How are you going to pull that off? I think she's going to be a little suspicious when there's a little kid running around your house if she ever comes to visit. I mean, you can only keep a child secret for so long,” I told her laughing.

“Well, of course I'll tell her before then, but as for now, I'm not telling her yet.”

“Have you even talked to Spencer yet?”

“No. I just found out today.”

“Are you scared to tell him?” I asked looking at her expression. She was biting her lip and staring down at her thumbs which she was twiddling around in circles.

“I don't know. I know telling him is something I'll need to do, but I don't know how he'll react and I don't wanna lose him. I'm just really confused right now,” She said.

“I'm sure he'll be fine with it. He might need time to get used to it, but he'll get over it. And just think, you're going to have a beautiful baby girl or boy. Aren't you excited?” I asked her.

“That's easy for you to say, you're not the one who has to worry about it,” She said sighing.

“I might,” I told her.

“Really? You guys are trying?” She asked looking at Cali.

“We talked about it. We're not exactly trying. But if it happens, we'll be ecstatic,” Cali told her shrugging.

“It would be cool though, then we'd have little cousins running around together,” I said smiling.

“That's true,” She said laughing.

“So you're good?” I asked her.

“Yeah. Hopefully everyone else will be too.”

“Everything will be okay. I promise,” I told her.

“Don't make a promise you can't keep,” She told me and I raised my eyebrows at her. “Nothing's ever okay. Please don't promise it.”