Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

I told you not to hurt her.

Brendon's P.O.V.

I playfully pushed Cali back on the chair and dipped my head down to catch her lips on mine. She wove her hands through my hair as I deepened the kiss. I let a yelp when she yanked on a fistful of it.

"You sure know how to kill a mood. What the fuck was that for?" I asked her rubbing my head where she had pulled.

She kissed my jaw and laughed. "I love how long your hair is getting. I can run my fingers through it and yank at it. It kinda turns me on," She said taking a few strands of my dark brown hair and rolling them between her fingers.

"Yeah, I need a haircut," I said running my hands through it from the front to the back and making it stand up.

"No! Why would you do that? I like it," She whined holding her hands up to mine and entwining our finger.

"It's getting too long. I hate having long hair," I whined back at her while moving our hands around in little circles.

"Aw, come on. It's not that long. And you look so hot with it like this. And anyway you don't want your hair too short. It won't look right," She told me.

"You just want it long so you can yank all my hair out of my head."

"No, I just like being able to pull on it when we're really going at it. And anyway, I'd probably end up scratching you somewhere if I didn't have your hair to grab at."

"Well I don't wanna be bald either!" I whined.

"Oh shut up! You know it's hot," She said whispering the word "hot" in my ear.

"Ugh, don't do that."

"Aw, what's the matter? Is someone getting aroused?" She asked in my ear as she rolled her hips up to meet mine.

"Cali, st-stop. It's too early," I told her, letting out pants as she kissed along my neck.

"You don't sound very convincing, Mr. Urie," She said laughing. "I want you," She whispered seductively before kissing me.

Just then there was a knock on the door and I was about to pull away to answer when Cali slipped her tongue in my mouth. I moaned into the kiss and we made out for a few more minutes before the knocking on the door turned into pounding.

"Sounds urgent," Cali said as she pulled away and looked towards the door. I just whimpered in response."Go answer the door, Bren."

"You go answer the door," I whined nuzzling my head into her neck.

"I can't, you're sitting on me. Now get up and get the door!"

"Fine!" I said getting up and walking towards the door. I opened it to see Kara standing on the doorstep with tears streaming down her face.

"What happened?" I asked and she practically collapsed in my arms sobbing. "Sh, Kara, it's okay."

"What's going on?" Cali asked me walking in behind me and seeing Kara.

"Come on, honey, you gotta walk. We can't stand in the open doorway," I told Kara trying to get her to walk the living room. I shrugged at Cali and finally managed to drag Kara out to the couch and sat down with her still crying on my shoulder.

"Kara, you need to quit crying, it's not good for the baby. Now come on, what's the matter?" I asked trying to look at her face.

"I don't care. This baby isn't fucking good for me!" She said.

"Is that what's the matter? I thought you were over the fact that you're pregnant by now," I told her and she shook her head.

"I am, but I seem to be the only one. This baby is gonna grow up without a daddy that loves it. And that's not fucking fair!" She cried out as she tried to wipe her eyes dry, but the tears were still falling.

"So you told Spencer?" I asked and she nodded.

"And he didn't take it well?" Cali asked her bringing her a glass of water which she took greatfully.

"No. He fucking screamed at me how stupid I am for letting this happen. He even asked me if the baby was his," She said and her crying had begun to slow down.

"Maybe he just needs time to get used to this."

"Yeah right. He blamed everything on me. It's my fault for missing my birth control, it's my fault the condom broke, and it's my fault that for the next nine months I'm going to be carrying his fucking baby!" She said and the tears came back on full blast. I hugged her back to my chest and rubbed circles into her back, trying to calm her down as much as I could.

"Sh, sweetie, don't cry. If you keep crying like this the baby is going to end up with colic. And I know for a fact you don't want to have a baby that doesn't stop screaming on top of everything else you're going to be going through," Cali told her rubbing her arm.

"Okay. I don't think I can cry anymore," She said, but I still held onto her. Cali got up and went into the kitchen, probably to start dinner or something. I knew Kara was still crying. Her sobs had subsided, but I still felt a dampness on my shirt. Seeing her likes this made me want to cry myself. It hurt to see her in so much pain. We had always been close growing up. And at this moment I'm so pissed.

"How is it possible for me to hate him so much when I love him to death?" She asked me suddenly breaking the silence.

"Because that's exactly how love works," I said brushing her hair out of her face.

"I'm so tired," She said and I could by her voice she was.

"Then go to sleep," I told her.

"I can't."

"Try, just close your eyes and relax."

After a minute I felt her breathing steady out and knew she was asleep. I carefully got up without waking her and placed a pillow under her head. I got up and walked in the kitchen to grab my keys.

"Where are you going?" Cali asked looking at me as I walked into the room.

"I gotta go talk to him. Keep an eye on her, okay?" I said nodding towards he living room where Kara was sleeping.

"Bren, you can't go over there right now." She said grabbing my arm and looking me in the eyes.

"Why not?"

"Because you're pissed and I don't want you going over there and doing something you'll regret. Don't jeapordize the band, Brendon. What's going to happen if you screw this up and you two can't work together anymore? What are you going to do if you lose Panic?" She asked me, and deep down I knew she was right. But my anger was bubbling over that sense and I just couldn't listen.

"That's not going to happen. Look, I'll be home later, don't worry," I said kissing her cheek and walking through the door to the garage and got into my car. I couldn't help but laugh as I realized what had just happened in the kitchen was just like the opening scene in our video for "But It's Better If You Do". I put my sunglasses on and started up the car before pulling out and beginning the short drive to Spencer's house.

When I got there I got out of the car and walked to the door, taking a deep breath and trying to relax myself before knocking. About two minutes after I knocked the door opened revealing a nervous Spencer. At the sight of him my anger returned.

"B-bren?" He said sound scared.

"I told you not to fucking hurt her!" I said bring my fist up and connecting it with his nose. He stumbled backwards and his back hit the wall behind him as he fell down it. I followed after and slammed my fist into his stomach. He didn't even try to fight back only sat there. I was about to punch him again when I felt a hand wrap around my wrist and yank my body backwards. My body hit the opposite wall and I turned to see Ryan standing in the doorway looking at me in disbelief.

"What the fuck is your problem?" He asked me and I snorted.

"I'm not the one with the problem, he is," I said pointing at Spencer who was holding his nose.

"So it's his problem you were just trying to kick the shit out of him? What the hell is going on here?"

"I wouldn't be kicking the shit out of him if he wasn't such an asshole," I said and he looked at me.

"I'm sorry, okay?" He said and I saw tears glisten in his eyes, but I just rolled my eyes and shrugged it off.

"You should be."

"I don't know what was wrong with me. I guess I just overreacted," He told me and I shook my head.

"You think? God, do you know how much it hurts to see her that hurt and that upset and knowing that the one who did that to her was the person who she loves most in the world. You don't even know," I told im and I watched the tears fall from his eyes.

"No, I don't. But I know how much it hurts me to know that I hurt her. I want her to know how sorry I am. I want her to know how much I love her and that I would do anything for her. Especially raise this baby. I'm so fucking sorry," He choked out the last words through sobs and he cried into his hands. I crawled over and hugged him to me.

"I know. And I accept your apology. But you gotta talk to her," I told him and I felt him nod into my shoulder.

"I know," He said and we just sat there for a minute longer. Ryan watched us before sitting down next to Spencer as his crying stopped.

"Spencer, is Kara pregnant?" He asked Spencer who looked at him and nodded. "And you're okay with that?"

We both looked at Spencer who took a deep breath before answering.

"Yes. Yes, I am."