Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

Pogo and Zero.

Brendon's P.O.V.

I sat back on the bed holding Cali's hand and talking to Ryan. I could feel her rubbing her thumb around my palm as she had her head laid down on my chest, becoming totally relaxed as she almost always was in this position.

"Are you sleeping, Cal?" Ryan asked her after a minute.

"No." She said.

"You look like your about to pass out." He said.

She started to answer him but stopped suddenly. She lifted her head up and looked towards the door.

"What was that?" She asked.

"What was what?" I asked her.

"Didn't you hear it. I think there's something in the garage." She said getting up and walking out the door into the kitchen and moving towards the garage door. Ryan and I quickly got up and followed her. I was still unsure what noise she was talking about, but I didn't want to let her go alone if she really had heard something.

She opened the door and turned on the light. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary at first, but then I heard a small noise coming from a box near the door that lead to the driveway.

"Over here." I said motioning to the corner before I walked over to inspect the box. I looked in to find two little kittens cuddled together on top of some old fabric or blankets.

"Where'd they come from?" Cali said when she saw the kittens and I just shrugged.

"Their mom must have left them here or something." I said picking one of the kittens up and examing it.

"But aren't there usually more than just two kittens born in a whole litter?" Ryan asked looking at him.

"Yeah, usually. But these may have been the only ones that survived. They must be old enough to live without their mother, because she's no where in sight." Cali said picking up the other one. "Aww, he's so cute, Bren!"

"Yes, Cali, all kittens are cute." I told her.

"Can we keep them?" She asked pouting at me.

"Aww, Cali, that's not fair. You can't use that against me. Sure, but only one." I told her.

"But what about the other one?" She asked.

"I'll take him, or her..... What are they?" Ryan asked.

"I don't know. You wanna check?" I asked him holding the kitten up above his face.

"It's a boy." He said.

"Kitten pedophile." I told him.

"Hey, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas." He said before taking the cat from me.

"This ones a girl. I want her." Cali said holding the black and gray cat close to her.

"So I guess I'm taking this one." Ryan said looking down at his own gray and white one.

"What are you gonna name them?" I asked both of them, petting the one Cali was holding.

"Zero." Cali said automatically.

"What about you, Ry?" I asked him.

"I don't know. I haven't really given much thought to naming a kitten since I haven't really planned on having one." He said and at that moment the kitten jumped out of his arms and ran around the floor.

"I think you should name it Brendon." Cali said laughing at the kitten's sudden burst in energy.

"Hey!" I told her.

"He sure does like to jump." Ryan said staring at him.

"I got it, you can name him Pogo!" I yelled out.

"Pogo. Hey, it works." He told me.

Cali sat playing with the kittens for a couple more minutes before I finally stood up.

"Are you ready to go back inside, I'm kinda tired, babe." I asked her stretching.

"I guess so, but what are we gonna do about Zero?" She asked looking down at the little cat.

"Let's just leave her out here for now. I don't wanna bring her inside until I knew she litter box trained, plus the fact that we don't have a litter box. We'll go shopping for stuff for her tomorrow, since we probably have nothing for kittens in the house." I told her taking her hand and helping her up.

"Okay, bye Zero." She said walking back through the door with me and Ryan.

"So you're just gonna take him home with you tomorrow when you leave?" I asked Ryan as he shut the door.

"Yeah." He told me and we walked back into the living room to find Patrick sitting by himself on the couch watching t.v.

"Where is everybody?" I asked him.

"Kara is puking, Spencer is helping her, and I think Pete went into one of the bedrooms." He told me.

"Well that's nice."

"You know, this couch pulls out into a bed, so you can just sleep out here if you want to." Cali told him.

"Okay." He said getting up so she could pull the thing out.

"Bren, you want to get him some blankets and pillows or something?" She asked me.

"Sure, I'll be right back." I said running upstairs and grabbing a couple sheets and a blanket and pillow to take downstairs. When I passed the room Kara and Spencer would be staying in, I looked in to see Kara sitting with her head in her hands.

"Are you okay?" I asked Kara walking in and sitting down on the bed next to her, on the opposite side Spencer was sitting.

"Yeah, my stomach just hurts a little bit. It'll be fine in a little while." She said and she looked up at me with worn out eyes.

"You want me to give you anything?"

"There isn't anything you can take to get rid of sickness during pregnancy. But thanks anyway." She said.

"I'm sorry, honey. Maybe you should get some rest." I told her and then looked at Spencer who looked like her was about to pass out. "You too."

"We will. Goodnight, Brendon." She said.

"Good night." I said walking back in the hallway and down the stairs to the living room to find Pete now standing in the room along with the other three.

"Are you sleeping on here, too?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"No, I think I'm gonna bunk with Ryan. That bed in there is pretty big." He told me and I nodded.

"Okay, well settle in because I think Cali and I are going to bed." I said yawning again.

"Mhhmm, see you in the morning." He said.

" 'Night." Ryan and I said at the same time before they turned around and walked to the other guestroom.

"How much you wanna bet they won't be doing much sleeping." I said rolling my eyes.

"Nothing. I know too well." Patrick said as Cali fixed the bed.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"They always stay in the same room together when the guys stay over. It was suspicious at first, but now a little obvious to the open minded." I told her.

"I see." She said finishing up with Patrick's bed and moving so he could get in it.

"Okay, night dude. Don't stay up too late. I know Pay Per View can be awesome, just don't overdue it buddy." I said clapping him on the shoulder and he laughed.

"Don't worry. I'll keep it to five, maximum." He said.

"Okay." I said turning around and walking up the stairs behind Cali. "Shit, my pillow." I said when I got to the top of the stairs.

"Brendon, why don't you just get it tomorrow?" She asked.

"Because I want it now. I'll be right back." I said turning around and using the stairs that led to the kitchen. I went to the guestroom door and knocked, not getting an answer. When there wasn't a response for a minute, I just opened the door.

"Ever heard of knocking?" Pete asked as he was standing at the other side of the room with only a pair of his boxers on.

"I did. And what are you so worried about, Peter? Everyone's seen you naked before. You've even scarred the minds of preteens every where." I told him walking over and grabbing the pillow I wanted from next to Ryan. The movement from the pillow coming from underneath the blanket caused the top of it to move down a little bit. When it did I could see Ryan's naked stomach and the beginning of his, um, happy trail? I wiggled my eyebrows at him playfully and his face flushed crimson as he moved his arms over his waist.

"Geez, Ross, since when are you so shy?" I asked him noticing his quick attempt to sheild his body from my eyes.

"I-I'm not." He told me looking down.

"Ry, it's okay. You know I've seen you naked before. It doesn't really matter to me anyway." I told him concerned at how worried he seemed.

"It's okay. I'm fine." He said still not looking up.

"Okay. I'm sorry. Bye." I said turning and walking out of the door, shutting it behind me. The way he had just acted was so strange, I wonder if I had walked in on something about to be happening.

I reached my bedroom door and opened it. I walked over to the bed to find Cali already fast asleep not even under the covers. I picked her up and slid the covers down and placed her back onto the bed, pulling the silk sheets over her. Her eyes fluttered open at the change in position and she looked at me through bloodshot sleep ridden eyes.

"Hey." She said as I stripped down and crawled in next to her, placing the pillow down where my head would be.

"Hey baby. Go ahead and go back to sleep. I just wanted to make sure you were comfortable." I told her kissing her temple softly.

"Mmkay. I love you, Brenny bear." She said.

"Love you too, Cals." I said giving her a quick kiss on the lips before I watched her drift back into sleep.

When I knew she was fast asleep and wouldn't be woken up by small movements, I grabbed the pillow out my pillow case and searched around looking for item I had worried I had lost for the past couple of weeks. I finally pulled out the little black velvet box I had hidden in there. I popped it open and admired the object inside. This had been a good choice. I closed the lid on it again and then opened up one of my dresser drawers. I buried the box in deep with a bunch of random clothing items, making it extra hard for anyone to find it or see it.