Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

You Give Me Fever

Cali's P.O.V.

I giggled as I watched Brendon run away to the stairs. I had been enjoying watching his butt when he was walking, but I knew he couldn't just open the door naked, he might scare the pizza dude away. I walked over to the door, but I didn't open it because I was still naked myself.

"Hold on a minute. We'll be right there." I yelled through the door as the knocking started up again. It stopped and I stood on my tiptoes to see out the window at the top of the door. There was actually a girl standing on the other side. She looked really familiar to me, but I didn't know why. Either way I was glad I had told Brendon not to answer the door. I know he wouldn't care, but I would, especially since it's some girl who's probably a little teenie ass.

Brendon came running back down the stairs in his boxers and grabbed the money off the table again and pulled the door open making me hide behind it so I wasn't exposed.

"Hi." He said to the girl and I leaned around the corner to look at him.

"Hi, you're charge comes to $11.89." The girl said and he smiled before handing her a twenty. She took it and handed him back the change, and I saw a flirty smile play on her lips. I glared at the stranger as she made sure their hands touched when she handed him back the change. He was about to turn away and close the door when she pushed her hand out and stopped it. Brendon turned to look at her curiously. "Um sorry, but could I, maybe, have your autograph?

"Sure, um hang on." Brendon told her turning away to grab a piece of paper and a pen. I was half tempted to shut the door right in her face, but I knew that would just piss Brendon off since she was a fan. He returned a minute later flashing her a smile before asking for his name.

"Izey." She said and then it hit me. It was my friend from high school who had called me earlier. She had said she was calling me from work, but I hadn't really thought about it.

"Izey?!?" I squeaked and I watched her face turn curiously as she looked to Brendon to see where the voice had come from. I poked my head farther around the corner of the door so she could see me and her eyes lit up.

"Oh my god, Cali?" She half asked half said and I nodded. "Cali Smith?"

"Yup." I giggled and she stared at me amazed.

"Come here. Give me a hug, I haven't seen you in forever." She said beginning to step into the house, but I shook my head.

"I can't really right now." I told her and she raised her eyebrows. "I'm kind of, indecent." I told her and her mouth dropped.

"Okay, well I gotta go anyway. See you later." She said turning to leave but Brendon grabbed her arm.

"Here, don't you want this?" He asked her handing her the autograph and she nodded, smiling.

"Thanks. Oh, and call me later, 'kay?" She said to me and turned to walk back to her car. She gave Brendon a wink and a smirk right before she turned around. He smiled after her and I just rolled my eyes and shook my head. I couldn't fucking believe him, even if he wasn't trying to flirt I was still right there. He pushed the door closed and walked away to the kitchen. I unwillingly followed him in there and sat at the chair watching him take the pizza apart.

"What's the matter?" He asked looking up at me handing my plate to me.

"Nothing." I said shaking my head and biting slowly into a slice.

"Cali, what's wrong?"

"I told you, nothing. I'm gonna go get dressed." I said getting off my stool and walking towards the stairs. I heard him sigh before I walked the rest of the way up and into the guest room where we had gotten undressed. I turned on the closet light before gathering up my clothes and pulling them on one by one.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked from the doorway where he had been standing for the last minute or two.

"What gave you that idea?" I asked pulling my shorts back on and turning to him.

"Well what the fuck did I do now?" He asked walking over and grabbing his own clothes.

"Just... never mind, okay?"

"No, it's not okay. I wanna know how I pissed you off, because frankly, I haven't done anything to you." He told me grabbing my arm and making me look at him. I pushed his hand off my arm as I turned to walk out the door. "It's because of that girl, isn't it?"

I didn't answer him, but I stopped walking and he must of gotten the idea from that.

"What did I do? All I did was give her an autograph, which I do for all my fans. God, it's not like I was flirting with her."

I turned around and looked at him, and he let out an exasperated sigh.

"Cali, I was not flirting with her. What do you want me to do? Give her dirty looks and tell her to get the fuck out of my face. 'Cause you know that would go over great with most fans." He told me and I sighed.

"Look, I know you wouldn't, but I'm not sure about her. She's always been a bit of a slut, and I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her."

"So why are you mad at me?" He asked.

"I'm not mad at you. Just be careful around her, okay?"

"Yeah, whatever." He said grabbing his jeans and putting them back on.

"Brendon, I said I'm not mad at you anymore." I told him and he turned to me.

"Yeah, well you obviously don't trust me."

"Fuck it, Bren. I told you that I trust you, it's just her I don't trust. But, if you're gonna be mad at me over that, then I guess it really is whatever." I said turning around and walking down the stairs. I grabbed my pizza and bit at a little piece of it, but I wasn't hungry anymore. Brendon came in a second later with his own pizza a minute later and sat down right next to me. I scooted down the couch until I was sitting at the corner and he looked at me and sighed.

"Cali, I'm sorry." He said but I didn't say anything back. "Look, ignoring me is not going to do you any good. I'm gonna talk even if you aren't going to listen, which I really wish you would do half the time. I just want to know that you trust me. You have to know that there are tons of fans out there who have these little crushes on me and you can't be jealous of every single one."

"Well aren't you modest." I said snorting at what he had just said.

"You don't have to make a remark on everything I say." He told me and I raised my eyebrows.

"Are you fucking serious? You want to know that I trust you? If I didn't trust you, do you think you would be living in this fucking house right now? Do you think I would actually let you and Ryan be in a room together alone when I can just guess so much of your guys' history together? Yes I fucking trust you, Brendon! Do you trust me?" I said and I watched his eyes go wide when I mentioned his history with Ryan.

"What do you mean by that? My history with Ryan. He's my best friend, what are you implying at?"

"Brendon, come on, I'm not stupid. Something went on between you two when you were younger. You don't have to deny anything and I won't ask you about it. Now answer my question; do you trust me?"

"Yes I trust you. I've had so many opportunities that I could have totally spazzed on you and act like the jealous boy friend, but I fought them off. I know you wouldn't do anything like that." He told me.

"When have you had opportunities to spazz on me?"

"Well, not exactly spazz on you, but spazz on the other guys."

"What other guys?"

"Like, the guys. Pete, Spencer, and at first Ryan." He said and I was surprised. Well frankly not by Pete, I saw him checking me out the first time I met him, but I didn't think Ryan would do that.

"Why did you even worry about Ryan, he's gay. And Spencer liked me?"

"Well, I wasn't so sure about Ryan in the beginning, that first night we met, he kept looking at you. I don't know what it was. And anyway he hadn't come out and told me he was gay at that time, even though I had my suspicions. And, yeah Spencer did. But that was until he found out we started dating."

"So I don't have to worry about him anymore?"

"No, I think he's pretty stuck on Kara."

"I would never leave you for any of them, Bren. I love you." I told him, scooting over and grabbing his hand.

"I know, and I would never leave you for any other girl, no matter who it is. I love you, too, Cali." He said and we kissed.

"So you're not worried about me leaving you for Pete Wentz?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"No, should I be?"

"Hm, no. I think I'll let Ryan be happy this time." I said kissing his nose. "But Patrick is pretty cute."

"Oh shut up and let's watch a movie." He said. "Moulin Rouge?" He asked and I nodded, but I kept naming people's names off of who I thought he could be worried about me leaving him for.

"And William's pretty fucking hot." I said and he gave me this look that told me to shut up right at that moment.

"Cali, don't," He said and I giggled.

"No. I wouldn't leave my Brenny-bear for anybody. Not even for a gay Hayley Williams."

"What?!" He asked looking at me.

"Never mind." I said and snuggled under his arm.

"Okay, now shhh. We're watching a movie."

*****************

I had to have fallen asleep at some point in the movie, because when I woke up it was dark. I looked around to find Brendon gone. I heard the buzzing from the light in the bathroom and figured he was in there. I grabbed the remote and flipped the t.v. back on to Fuse watching some random band being interviewed. I waited another couple minutes before Brendon finally walked back into the room and sat down next to me. His face looked flushed in the glare of the television and when I brought my hand up to stroke the side of his face, he was burning up.

"Do you feel okay, baby?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"I feel like I'm gonna throw up again." He told me and his voice came out in a rasp. "But I don't think there's anything else for me to throw up."

"Okay. Well just stay here, I'm gonna go get you some blankets and pull the bed out here so you don't have to move upstairs, okay?" I said and he nodded. I ran upstairs and grabbed a comforter off our bed along with a sheet, then went into the bathroom and grabbed the thermometer. I came back downstairs to find him shivering on the couch and handed him the blanket, which he gladly wrapped himself in.

"Will you let me take your temperature?"I asked.

"Yeah." He said and put the thermometer under his tongue which he held there. I have to admit even if he was sick he looked absolutely adorable with his hair a mess and his big brown eyes filled with sadness and then the thermometer sticking out of his pouting lips. I wanted so badly to take a picture of him but didn't want him to think I was making fun of him in any way.

"Bren, would you be totally pissed if I took a picture of you right now?" I asked and he shook his head. I grabbed my camera off the table and snapped a picture of him. "You just like any chance of a photo op., huh baby?" I asked and he smiled. At that moment the thermometer beeped and I took it out of his mouth.

"What is it?" He asked as soon as I took it out and I gave him a one second gesture with my hand.

"100.5. It's a fever but it's not that bad."

"Am I gonna live, doctor?" He asked me.

"Yes, but I'm afraid your baby may not." I told him and he put his head in his hands and began to fake cry.

"Nooo! He's so young! Why?" He said and I wrapped my arms around him and he giggled.

"How are you still so happy/hyper when you're sick?"

"'Cause I'm Brendon motherfucking Urie, and I am a god." He told me and I rolled my eyes.

"Well, god, I think it's time for you to go to sleep. It might make you feel better. Now come one, you need to snuggle with me, doctor's orders." I told him crawling into the bed I had pulled out of the sofa. He crawled over to me with the blanket and he wrapped it around both of us, taking me into his strong, safe arms.

"Aren't you worried about getting sick too?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I don't really care. Just don't kiss me."

"Fine." He said and I felt him kiss my ear.

"Jerk." I told him and he laughed.

"You love me."

"Unfortunately."

"How rude."

"Yes, now shut up and go to sleep." I told him and he giggled.

"Yes, mommy."