Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

Friends?

Brendon's P.O.V.

I just sat there looking out the window for about twenty minutes before it registered that Ryan was talking to me.

"Bren, what happened?" He asked.

"Her boyfriend answered," I told him without thinking.

"Her boyfriend? What?" He asked.

"She's got a boyfriend, Ry. I'm so stupid to think I have a chance," I told him putting my head in my hands and sighing.

"But think about it, why would she give you her number if she didn't like you and want you to call her. Do you know how serious she and this guy are?" Ryan asked, looking confused.

"I don't know. To be nice. God, I have no luck, you know that? They always have boyfriends," I said.

Suddenly "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None the Richer started blasting from my pillow. Ryan grabbed his phone off the bunk and answered.

"Hello?" He asked into it. "No, this is Ryan. Oh, hey Cali! Yeah, he's right here."

He handed me the phone and I took it from him, putting it up to my ear and answering. "Hello?"

"Hey Bren," Cali's bright voice sprang through the phone.

"Hey," I said, smiling even though I knew she couldn't see me.

"Look, I'm sorry about earlier. I was in the shower and I left my phone on the table. He usually doesn't answer it, but he thought it was Dani," She said.

"Oh," I said, not really wanting to talk about her boyfriend.

"Are you okay?" She asked sounding a little worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said, but I don't think I sounded that convincing.

"Is it about Travis?"

Oh great, now I knew his name. Just another thing to add to my list of misery. I didn't answer her and she sighed.

"I'm really sorry the other day happened like it did. It really shouldn't have been this way. So I was wondering if we could start over new. Like as friends?" She asked.

"Yeah that's a good idea. Friends." I answered. What was I saying? It was a horrible idea! I really liked her, so if friends is all I can be with her, then that's what we'd be.

"Good. So where are you guys right now?" She asked.

"I'm not sure. Hang on, " I said then turned to Ryan. "Do you have any idea where we are?"

"We're now entering Nevada," He said looking out the window to a sign saying the same thing.

"We're now entering Nevada," I repeated so she could hear.

"Awesome, Dani and I saw that sign on our way through there, too. She said the same exact thing," She told me laughing

"Wait, you're from Nevada? Where at?" I asked her.

"Vegas," She said.

"Really? You probably live right down the street from me then," I told her.

"I just may," She said laughing.

"So where are you right now?"

"In my backyard, laying by my pool."

"Oh how nice. Where's Travis?" I asked her, biting my tounge while saying his name.

"At his house."

"Oh you don't live together?"

"Hell no! I inherited this house from my parents. I'm not ready to live with anyone yet. I like my privacy," She said.

I laughed. "I'm the same way. Except I didn't inherit my house," I said.

"They wanted my sister here with me, but she lives with her boyfriend. I would have kicked her ass out anyway."

"Yeah, I could never live with my sister," I told her truthfully. "Well, I'm gonna have to call you back. We're getting off the bus to go to our cars and then going home." I said noticing we had pulled up to where we were supposed to be getting off the bus.

"Okay. Make sure you do, though. And on your own phone so I have the number," She said.

"Mhm, bye."

"Bye," She said and the line went dead.

I grabbed my bags and walked off the bus and joined Ryan by his car since he was taking me home.

"So, how did that go?" He asked as I handed him back the phone.

"Good. We're friends," I said, still not really liking the sound of the whole thing.

He raised his eyebrows at the word friends, but drove off anyway. He dropped me off at home and I walked in and put my bags in my room. I walked back out and picked up my cell phone, walking out the back door and called Cali.

"Hello?" She said.

"Hey!" I said.

"Oh, hi. Are you home?" She asked.

"Yeah. Just got here," I told her.

"So what are you doing?" She asked.

"Sitting outside, looking at the view," I said.

"I feel like a stalker," She said giggling.

"Why's that?" I asked laughing at her giggling.

"Because I like just met you and we're talking on the phone nonstop already," She said.

"Well I'm gonna come stock you. Where do you live?" I asked getting up and walking back in my house.

"Are you serious?" She asked.

"Yes. I wanna see you. Now where do you live?" I asked her.

She gave me directions and I took off for her house, looking for her in front of it like she said she would be.

I finally saw her standing in little black shorts and a black bikini top with multi-colored stars all over it.