Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

The Happiest Birthday of Her Life.

Spencer's P.O.V.

I woke up to the feeling of moving beside me and looked over to see Kara still sleeping but rolling around trying to get comfortable. I slowly moved so the bed didn't shift and wake her up and got out of it to find my shirt and pants. Once I had the dark denim up over my hips I stuck my hand in my pocket and smiled to myself when I felt the little velvet box on my fingertips. I knew asking Kara to marry me was a big jump, but I was ready. When I talked to my mom yesterday and told her what I was going to do, she flipped out. She's so excited about having a grandchild, and now about her 'baby' getting married. So hopefully Kara's says yes.

I quickly walked to the door and down the stairs to have the smell of food hit my nose and make my mouth water.

"How do you do the turkey?" I saw Cali asking into the phone as she was standing next to the stove. Brendon was sitting on the counter watching her, but turned his attention to me when he finally noticed my presence.

"Hey. Good morning." He said smiling and Cali turned around to look at me and smiled, too. Like me, they both looked as if they had just rolled out of bed. Brendon didn't even had pants on, just boxers and a shirt, and he had complete bed head. Cali had on a t-shirt and a pair of pajama pants with polka dots on them. She had her hair up and hid behind a green bandanna with little strands of pink hair falling out from all sides.

"Good morning." I said yawning and stretching before taking a seat at the table. Brendon was messing around with the buttons on their new coffee maker trying to figure out how to use it. He refused to read the directions that came with it, said he'd rather just wing it. But that's Brendon for you.

"Oh my god, Izey, just ask your mother how to do this if you're not sure." Cali said exasperatedly into the phone. "Fuck, will you hold on, I got a beep?"

"Aha!" Brendon yelled as the brown liquid began pouring out of the machine. Cali's eyes went wide as she saw the mess it was about to make and quickly grabbed a cup (the one thing Brendon had forgotten) and thrust it under the downpour.

"Now do you even remember how you did that?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"Not a fucking clue!" He said gleefully while jumping from the counter and coming to sit in the chair next to me. "Kara still sleeping?"

"Yeah. I figured she should get to sleep in as late as she wants today since it's her birthday." I told him. "Or until the baby decides to wake her up."

"Well she can't sleep that much longer. Ugh, stupid bitch hung up on me." Cali said first to me and then to the phone. "It's already eleven thirty. Pete just called. He's fighting with Ryan to get him to wake his ass up and out of bed, then they'll be over. But it doesn't sound like he's winning."

"Haha, yeah. Ryan is fun to stay up all night with, but it's a pain in the ass to wake him up the next morning. I think that's why he was always so grumpy in school." I said knowing full well from my own personal experience Ryan would sleep until two in the afternoon if you let him.

"Yeah, and I have to call Izey back now because I'm supposed to make this damn turkey and I don't know how. She's at her mom's, so I figure her mom will help me out over the phone. She always seemed to like me." She said redialing the number.

"You don't have to cook turkey, you know." Brendon told her and she shook her head.

"Brendon, the turkey's already thawed, and when else am I gonna eat it. I know you don't eat meat and everything, but it's kind of a tradition on Thanksgiving. I mean, when I think of it I think of the turkey. So just don't eat the turkey yourself, and the rest of us will." She told him before turning away with the phone up to her ear.

"Bitch. That turkey was innocent." Brendon said and she turned and gave him a dirty look before beginning her conversation on the phone.

"Well, I'll leave you two down here to argue over the turkey. I think I'm gonna take a shower then wake Kara up. In that order." I added when I saw Brendon looking at me.

"Good. You already got her pregnant, no telling what else you could do."

"I don't know." I turned up the stairs and walked to the room she was in. I opened the door to find she was already awake and then heard the shower running, smiling when I knew I would have to break my promise to Brendon. I opened the door and walked in, closing it so she could hear it and know I was in there with her. I slowly stripped down to nothing and pulled the shower curtain back a little ways before stepping into it. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and kissed her neck as she tilted her head back on my shoulder. "Happy birthday, baby."

"Mm, what took you so long?" She asked turning around so she was facing me.

"I went downstairs because I didn't wanna wake you." I told her and she laughed.

"Too bad, the little one did that just fine." She said and I smiled kissing her.

"I think we're gonna have our work cut out for us with this little one."

"You think?" I laughed.

"Sure do."

We took a long time and when we finally got dressed again and went downstairs, Pete was there with a very disgruntled Ryan.

"You got him up!" I yelled at Pete and he laughed as Ryan stared bitterly at me.

"Yeah. It took a while, but I have my ways." Pete told me and Ryan glared at him.

"You have mean, teasing ways." He told him and Pete just laughed again before trying to kiss him, but Ryan turned his head away and left Pete kiss his ear.

"C'mon, you guys. The food will be ready soon." Cali said coming into the room with Brendon walking, more like waddling, behind her with his hands in her back pockets.

"Brendon, what are you doing?" Pete asked him and he shrugged.

"He doesn't know. He's being retarded." Cali told Pete.

"He's being Brendon." Kara added and Cali nodded.

"Yes. Just Brendon."

We all walked in the kitchen and helped her set the table, sitting down to eat. I was getting hungry looking at the food, but even more nervous looking at Kara. She was beautiful, almost glowing as she sat at the table talking to Ryan. I know this is the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with.

******* A couple hours later.

We all still sat at the table, waiting for Kara and Ryan to be done eating as they were the only ones who still had room for more. I was sitting right next to Brendon and Cali and laughing at their conversation.

"I'm fat." Brendon whined to her.

"Not really, considering most of your body weight is in your butt and your hips." Cali told him as she took a drink of her coke.

"Shut up! It's not my fault I got my mother's hips!" He whined again and she giggled.

"You got a girl butt!" She teased and he hit her fork, making a chunk of mashed potatoes fly off of it and down her shirt. She shrieked and stood up, catching the attention of everybody as Brendon laughed.

"So, you stuff your bra with mashed potatoes!" She just glared at him and walked upstairs to change her clothes.

"I can't eat anymore." Ryan said pushing away as Kara ate her last forkful of pumpkin pie.

"Me either. I think I need a nap." They both agreed.

"No, you're not allowed to take a nap because then you won't sleep tonight and I'll have to fight to get you up in the morning. Again." Pete said and Ryan stared at him curiously.

"Why are you acting like my father? I can nap if I want to!" Ryan said to Pete who shook his head.

"Fine then go take a nap. But it's not my fault when you're so tired in the morning, or should I say afternoon, and you can't move!" Pete told him and Ryan pouted.

"You know, just for that, I'm not taking a nap." Ryan said as if it were some sort of comeback just for the situation. Personally it didn't really make sense to me, but who knows.

"It's raining!" Cali yelled as she danced back in the room in a new shirt.

"Really?!" Brendon yelled jumping up and looking out the window to see it in fact raining outside. "Let's go out there!"

"That's what I was thinking!" Cali yelled as she grabbed Brendon's hand and the both ran to the door, running out of it in their bare feet.

"I wanna play in the rain!" Ryan yelled at Pete and they both got up and ran outside after the other two.

"You wanna go out there?" I asked Kara and she shrugged.

"I want to, I love the rain. But I don't if I should." She said and I knew she was talking about the baby.

"Don't worry, baby. It won't hurt you to get a little wet while pregnant." I said and she smiled before getting up and walking out with me. We laughed as we watching everyone else run around the sidewalk and especially hard when Brendon fell down. After a minute of standing under the shelter of the porch she stepped down into the downpour. I watched her eyes light up and she smiled, reaching her hands out to feel the rain falling and running down her fingers. I swear at that moment my breath stopped and I got goose bumps just looking at her She was amazing beautiful. I know that sounds weird since we were standing in the rain, but I knew right then that this was the perfect chance, the perfect opportunity. I grabbed her hands and stopped her spinning so she was standing still in front of me. She smiled at me, but watched curiously as I kissed her before reaching into my pocket and pulling out the box. She stared closely at it and I knew everyone else had stopped what they were doing and were staring at us.

"Kara, over the last few months I've been through so much with you. I found my true love, my soul mate. And I'm having a baby with her, it's just...wow. I don't know how to describe how I feel when I'm with you. I don't even know how to describe how I feel when I'm just looking at you. I'm in love with you, deeply and truly. And that's why I need to ask you something." At this point I had gotten down on one knee on the pavement of the sidewalk. "Kara Destiny Urie, will you marry me?"

Her eyes went wide and she stared in front of her. She looked over the ring, me, and I knew she was thinking, deeply. Tears sprang to her eyes and I started to feel myself panic until she brought her hand down to rest on my cheek as she caressed it with her thumb. I stared into her beautiful brown eyes. She took a deep breath as she prepared to answer my question, and I have to admit I've never been more scared in my whole life.

"Yes." She said and I was so certain at that moment she was going to say no that my mind didn't even register the 'yes' that came from her mouth.

"W-what?" I asked and she smiled brightly.

"Yes. I said yes. Yes, Spencer Smith, I will marry you." She repeated herself and my heart swelled. Tears of joy sprang to my eyes as I hugged her knees. She laughed and kept her balance by putting her hands on my shoulders. "Baby, get up."

I stood up and wrapped my arms around her while kissing her passionately before looking away and looking around at everyone else. Brendon and Cali were beaming, Pete looked surprised, and Ryan practically threw himself in my arms in excitement.

The rest of the night was a jumble of them wishing us luck and that they couldn't believe we were getting married already. We finally got out of Cali and Brendon's house and to our own. Kara had the ice cream cake Cali had bought her and was happily sitting on the couch eating it and giving me little bites every once in a while.

"Thank you." I whispered to her as she put the container on the coffee table and leaned into my arms.

"For what?"

"Saying yes. Making me the luckiest guy alive."

"Well thank you, too. For making this the happiest birthday of my entire nineteen years of existence."