Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

No Grandma.

Izey's P.O.V.

"You know, it's weird. I wanna come in here and yell, 'Hi Grandma!', but there's no grandma here anymore." I told Cali and Dani as we walked into the house I would be staying at while I was in New York. It used to belong to my grandma, but when she died she left it to my mother. She was loaning it to me until I could find my own place.

"Izey, calm down. Let's get settled in before you start getting all jumpy, okay?" Cali asked bringing her bag in while Dani followed behind her.

"Fine. Well, then go find your rooms." I said flopping down on the couch for a minute's rest. I would just get my clothes out when I felt like it.

I waited until they came downstairs from unpacking all of their stuff to go out and grab all my bags and go into the room that was marked as mine. I just threw the bags beside the bed and walked back out.

"Are you done packing already? You had more bags than both of us." Dani said seeing me come down the stairs.

"No, I'm just not gonna unpack until later. I'm hungry." I said feeling my stomach growl and putting a hand to it.

"You look pregnant when you do that. Stop it!" Cali told me and I looked at her wide eyed.

"Don't say that! I'm not pregnant!" I told her and she stuck her hands up in a defensive manner.

"I never said you were. I said you look pregnant when you rub your tummy. That's what pregnant women do." She told me.

"I wasn't rubbing it, I touched it." I told her.

"Okay, Izey. She was just saying something. You don't want anyone to think you're pregnant, so you probably shouldn't touch your stomach all the time." Dani told me.

"Just shut up about it and let's get some food." I told them, standing up to find my shoes. We walked outside and went to the car that was left there for us by my mom and got inside.

"Jesus, it's c-cold." Cali said trying to burrow herself deeper into her oversized hoodie, Brendon's obviously.

"Well duh! This is New York, in December. There's snow on the ground, Cals." Dani informed her and she shivered.

"Ughh, I wanna go back to Vegas!" She whined and we laughed at her.

"Didn't you bring a coat?" I asked at her and she looked at me like I was retarded.

"Sweetie, when have I ever owned a winter coat? When do I ever wear a coat heavier than a hoodie?" She asked me and I shrugged.

"I don't know. But it might be smart to get one. You have money, right?" I asked her and she nodded. "Well then we'll have to get you one tomorrow. We have to go shopping for food, anyway. What are we getting tonight for dinner?"

"I want Wendy's." Cali said and Dani shrugged.

"Doesn't really matter to me. As long as it's not McDonald's." She answered and I shrugged.

"Wendy's it is, then. I think you turn here, Dani." I said pointing down a street and she turned. We found a Wendy's right down the street.

"Okay, what do you want Cali?" I asked her turning to look at her in the backseat.

"Chicken nuggets. And fries. With a medium combo." She told me and Dani ordered for Cali and herself.

"What do you want, Iz?" Dani asked and I shrugged.

"Just get me curly fries and a burger or something." I said without thinking as I texted my friend back. Dani shrugged and ordered what I just said.

"Um, sorry, ma'am, but our fries don't curl." The voice over the speaker box told me and Dani and Cali started laughing. I stayed confused for a couple more minutes.

"Well, can't you make them curl?" I asked and she answered no.

"But we do have regular french fries."

"I'll take those then." I answered.

She gave us our total and then we pulled away. Cali was still cracking up and Dani smiled at me.

"You don't get it, do you?" She asked and I shook my head. "We're at Wendy's, not Arby's. And you ordered curly fries." She told me and I finally got it.

"Oh damn." I said laughing a little myself.

We collected our food and drove back to the house to get our food out and eat it.


To know you is to hate you
So loving you must be like suicide


Dani's phone started ringing. She answered it as Cali and I continued singing the song.

I don't mind if you don't mind
(Well) I'm not the one that's going to die
I guess i just can't listen
To this one sided conversation again
`cause I don't care if I don't care
(Well) No one ever said that life is fair

(Well) Everybody loves a joke
But no one likes a fool
And you're always cracking the same old lines again
You're well rehearsed on every verse
And that was stated clear
But no one understands your verity

The center of attention
Got an honerable mention once again
Congratulations and salutations
You're a figment of your own imagination

(Well) Everybody loves a joke
But no one likes a fool
And you're always cracking the same old lines again
You're well rehearsed on every verse
And that was stated clear
But no one understands your verity

To know you is to bait you
And you fell victim to your own denial
(Well) I don't mind if you don't mind
You're wasting all your time


She hung up the phone just as we stopped singing and started laughing.

"You guys are smooth." She giggled and I laughed.

"Why, who was it?" I asked.

"Pete. He was trying to figure out why you were singing 'Jackass' to me." She said continuing to giggle.

"Did you tell him it was because you have that as your ringtone for him?" I asked and she shook her head.

"No, I don't even know why that is my ringtone for him. I didn't set it. I think it was Patrick. Or Joe. Andy might have done it actually. She was mad at her brother the other day." We laughed.

"I think you have a prime suspect then." Cali told her and she nodded.

"I think so."

And that's about the time she walked away from me
Nobody likes you when your 23
And you still act like you're in Freshman year
What the hell is wrong with me?


"Cali, your phone is ringing." We informed her and she nodded.

"I know, it's Jon."

Say it ain't so, I will not go,
turn the lights off, carry me home
Na, na


"Kara." She told us still not moving to pick it up.

You can only lean on me for so long
Bring your ship about to watch a friend drown
Stood over the ledge
Begged you come down
You can only lean on me for so long


"Spencer."

Let's go, don't wait, this night's almost over
Honest, let's make this night last forever
Forever and ever, let's make this last forever
Forever and ever, let's make this last forever


"Brendon?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Ryan calling." She said waiting for more calls.

Come on let me hold you, touch you, feel you
Always
Kiss you, taste you all night
Always


She smiled and flipped open the phone. "Hey, baby." She laughed and then responded, "We were listening to my ringtones."

They talked for a few more minutes before she finally said good bye.

"Bye, sweetie, call me back later. I love you."

"Is there a reason they all have Blink-182 ringtones?" I asked her and she shook her head.

"I was bored." Was her answer and I nodded.

We all turned back to our food and finished up fries and pops before they began looking through the house. They found a bunch of photo albums that had been left there and looked through them.

"Aw, Izey, you were so cute!" They exclaimed on finding my baby pictures and I blushed before taking them away.

"Shut up. Come on, let's go play a game downstairs."
♠ ♠ ♠
The first song, the one that was actually full length, was called Jackass. Anyone know who it was by?

Other songs after that: 'What's My Age Again', 'All The Small Things', 'Man Overboard', 'First Date', and 'Always'-Blink-182.