Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

Why Do You Care So Much?

Two weeks later, end of January.

Izey's P.O.V.

I let the door slam loudly behind me as I entered a small building which I found to be a coffee shop, tears threatening to fall down my face as I stomped away. Instead of sending me a rejection letter like they should have, they made me schedule an appointment to come up to the college just to tell me I hadn't gotten in. They told me that my photography seemed exceptional, but they didn't have enough proof since they didn't get as many photos out of me as they would have liked. I offered to reschedule and do it again another day, but they said that that wouldn't be necessary, they had already made up their minds.

I sat down in one of the big chairs in the corner and felt one tear escape. I cursed at these new found emotions and wiped savagely at the tear, feeling weak for letting it escape in a public place.

"This is fucking all your fault!" I muttered harshly to my stomach as I rubbed my hand over it gently. "That was the only plan I had!"

I had already made my mind up on what I was doing with the baby. I was going to offer it to Pete and Ryan, but if they didn't want it then I would find another family who couldn't have kids to give it to. I knew I wasn't ready for a baby, but someone else out there had to be. I had also gone to have a ultrasound taken by a temporary doctor. I'm about three months pregnant, dating directly back to Halloween 2007.

"Um, excuse me, but are you alright?" I heard a voice say from in front of me. I looked up to have my eyes connect with the most gorgeous pair of brown ones I had ever seen in my life.

"I..uhm, yeah, I'm fine," I said feeling my face go red as I realized he must have heard me talking to my flat, undeveloped, pregnant stomach.

"Um, I know it isn't really any of my business, but you look like you've been crying. Are you sure you're okay?" He persisted as I continued staring up at him. I blushed deeper and wiped at my eyes, feeling stupid to have a stranger seeing me like this.

"Yes, I'm fine," I said as he bit his lip, making butterflies go through my stomach at the beauty of this man in front of me.

"Look, I didn't mean to put you out or anything, I just thought maybe you'd want someone to talk to," He said and I sighed.

"Not really. Especially not if it's someone I don't even know," I answered, hoping it didn't come out as bitchy as it sounded to me after I said it. I watched his eyes fall down to his feet and felt bad. Maybe he really wanted to help me. "I'm sorry. Do you want to sit down or something?"

He looked back at me and shrugged before taking a seat in the chair next to me. We sat in silence for a minute before one of us decided to end the silence, but it turns out neither of us got to.

"Hi, sorry, but you two need to buy something or else you need to leave," a women said walking over to us and standing behind me. I turned around to look at her.

"Sorry, I can't drink coffee, so there's no point in me buying it," I told her and she rolled her eyes while snapping her gum.

"Well then you're in the wrong place, now aren't you, honey?" She asked staring at me and I scrunched up my nose at her words.

"I don't think I would drink your shitty coffee even if I could. Now will you fuck off, you crazy bitch!" I told her, feeling my hormones go out of whack again.

"Excuse me?" She asked with some major attitude as she let her mouth drop open.

"I said go away," I told her and she pursed her lips.

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave," She told me and I rolled my eyes before getting up.

"Gladly, don't expect to see me back in this shit hole, either," I said getting up and walking towards the door. I walked a little farther down the sidewalk before I heard the door slam shut from behind me and footsteps running after me.

"Hey, you forgot this," I turned around to see the guy from inside the coffee shop holding my bag out for me. I grabbed it and turned around to continue walking. After a couple of minutes of walking I turned my head to see he was still following slowly behind me.

"What do you want from me?" I asked turning around and standing in front of him. He looked shocked at my abrupt stop and just stood placid in front of me.

"I-um..I j-just want to make sure y-you're o-okay," He stumbled over his words and I walked closer to him.

"Why are you so concerned about me? I don't even know you're name! And you don't have any idea about me either!" I told him and he looked down.

"Gabe," He told me and I looked at him confused. "My name's Gabe," He said again and I nodded, but I was still confused. That name sounded familiar, and the more I looked at him the more it seemed like I had seen him before. But I couldn't put my finger on where.

"Well, it was nice meeting you, Gabe," I said turning around and crinkling my nose as the name slipped off my tongue. I found myself forming a crush on this man, even though I had met him only a half hour earlier and just learned his name. "But I really think I should be getting home, now."

"At least let me walk you home. I'll feel better knowing that you got there okay," He told me as he walked up beside me. As we walked side by side, I noticed his height compared to mine and felt incredibly tiny. He was fucking tall!

"Why, so you can rape me and then slit my throat? I think not!" I told him and he giggled slightly.

"If I was going to rape you, do you really think I would go to your house. I mean there's plenty of places I could slit your throat at out here, you know?" He told me and I shrugged.

"You're probably just trying to earn my trust. How am I supposed to know you aren't lying anyway?" I asked and he shook his head.

"You don't. You just have to follow your instinct. Do I look like a psycho, rapist, slasher?" He asked and I bit my lip.

"Yes," I answered smiling.

"And you think I'm going to kill you?"

"No," I said.

"So will you let me walk you home so I don't have to worry about you?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Sure, what the heck! If I die, I die," I told him, making him giggle again and making me smile. "You have a cute giggle," I told him absent minded and then opened my eyes wide and blushed. He smirked at me and giggled again.

"Thanks, believe or not I've been told that many, many times," He said and I looked at him.

"Well aren't you something!"

"More than you probably realize at the moment," He told me, confusing me again but I didn't let it show. "What's your name?"

"Izey," I answered and he nodded.

"Okay,Izey, you wanna talk about anything that happened earlier?" He asked and I bit my lip, thinking about what I should tell him.

"It wasn't a big deal or anything. My life has just been complete hell over the last couple of months," I told him.

"That sounds like a big deal to me," He said and I sighed. "What happened to make you so upset earlier?"

"Just stuff. I got rejected from a college I really wanted to go to, I'm feeling kind of home sick, and I've got some other stressful things I need to deal with," I told him and he looked curious.

"Where are you from if you're so homesick in Manhattan?"

"Las Vegas born and raised," I told him and he raised his eyebrows.

"Really? I love it there. So I'm guessing that you came out here for that college, then?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yup, the college I didn't get in to."

"Hey, you're still young. There's loads of colleges you can go to. Don't sweat it, now. Just relax. You just got out of high school, didn't you?" He asked and I nodded. "See, you got tons of time!"

"I guess so. Oh, this is my house." I said noticing that we had just walked up my grandma's old one.

"Okay, well thanks for letting me walk you home," Gabe me told as he turned to walk away.

"Um, hey, do you wanna come inside? I was having fun talking to you," I asked feeling stupid and he smiled.

"Sure." He told me and we walked up the walkway and into the door. I showed him to the living room and let him sit on the couch while I went upstairs to change into different clothes. And that's not meant to sound dirty either, I had just gone to a college interview, and the clothes I was wearing were not comfortable or normal for me. I ran upstairs to change and a small poster sitting on my dresser caught my attention as I was slipping on a different shirt. My mouth dropped as I realized where I had seen this guy before. Suddenly,
his appearance and name hit me all at once as I realized that downstairs sitting on my couch was none other than Gabe fucking Saporta!
♠ ♠ ♠
New character number one!

Guyss, come on!!! Why are we going back to the no commenting thing?