Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

Another Two Weeks Later.

February 14

Cali's P.O.V.

"Hey, baby," I said answering my phone to hear Brendon's voice ring back through my ears.

"Hi, sweetie," He said and I smiled before placing the groceries down on the kitchen counter, grabbing some things to put them in the fridge or freezer, which ever necessary.

"'What's up? I thought you were in the studio?"

"Yeah, but I just wanted to call and here your voice. It is Valentine's Day, you know," He said and I nodded, then remembered he couldn't see me.

"I know. I wish I could spend it with you, though, " I sighed as I placed the last perishable food item I had away.

"Me too. Oh, go upstairs. I have a surprise for you."

"Okay? Do I wanna know what it is?" I asked him.

"Yeah," He answered and I noticed his voice got quieter, but I decided not to make a big deal out of it.

"Mm, it smells good up here. And what are these?" I said leaning down to pick something of the floor. It was a soft, velvety red rose petal and I smiled. "What, am I supposed to follow the trail?"

"Yes. That's kind of why it's there," He told me.

"Smart ass," I replied as I kept following the path of petals. Instead of leading me to my bedroom like I figured it would, it lead to one of the only rooms in the upstairs that had not been turned into a guest room and left empty. I turned the knob and pulled the door open to reveal small candles surrounding the floor. "What's all this, Brendon?"

"Everything I wanted to give you the night I asked you to marry me, but it didn't exactly work out as planned. But now seems more perfect," He said, but his voice now sounded much louder and closer than just through the phone. I turned around to meet his smiling face as he slowly brought his hand up and took the phone from my hand, closing it quickly and throwing it behind me. It either didn't land or landed on something really soft for I didn't hear the loud plunk I expected to emit from it hitting the floor. He gently tilted my chin up as he connected our lips and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He carefully picked me up and carried me over to the middle of the room and laid me down on something soft on the floor. The kiss was broken as he laid me down, but he quickly crawled onto the bed next to me and pecked my lips.

"What are we laying on, anyway?" I asked him, feeling the cushioned material underneath me. "An air mattress?"

"Close," He said with a giggle. "It's actually just a regular mattress. But it's pretty big," He told me. The room was dark except for a couple of distinct features being slightly illuminated by the glow of the candles. I couldn't see much of anything besides Brendon, but that's all I really wanted to see. The light danced in his dark eyes as it lit up the rest of his face, his dark hair lining it perfectly, as the light finally began to fade under his plush pink lips. I ran my hand down his cheek and leaned in for another small kiss. It was short and sweet, just a soft touch of the lips.

"So what have we got here?" I asked, noticing light bouncing off of something that was sitting next to him. I leaned over and picked it up, realizing it was a bottle of wine. "Mr. Urie, are you trying to get me drunk?"

"No, I just wanted to have a drink with you. One glass, just in case, you know?" He said nodding down to my stomach. We were still trying to get pregnant, well me pregnant, but you know what I mean. I didn't know for sure if I was yet, but I wasn't taking any chances.

"One glass shouldn't hurt. Where'd you get this from, anyway?" I asked sitting up and watching him pour a bit of wine into two glasses. He handed me one and we both leaned back against the wall.

"Pete and Ryan," He told me.

"Ahh, that would answer why it was already opened," I said and he nodded.

"They helped me put all of this together, too. We have chocolates and cookies, also," He said grabbing another box from beside him and bringing it up set it in the middle of us.

"Why are there still toothpicks in your buckeyes?" I asked taking one out of box and eating it right off of the toothpick.

"Because I had to hurry up and put them away, Jon and Joe decided they wanted to eat them, but when I did, they still weren't finished drying," He told me and I smiled.

"You made me snicker doodles?!" I asked and he laughed at me.

"No, Andy and I made you snicker doodles while we fought Ryan and Kara out of the kitchen. That girl can be very intimidating with a wooden spoon and a hand beater," Brendon said and I laughed.

"Which one, Kara or Andy?"

"Well, I was talking about Andy, but both of them, now that I think about it," He said, popping one into his mouth.

"Well, I don't think Kara can help it. She is kind of pregnant, if you haven't noticed," I told him.

"Kind of? More like very," He answered.

"Hey, she's only six months along, she's guaranteed to get bigger.

"Damn, she's gonna be miserable," He said softly.

"Are you still gonna love me when I'm that huge, Brend?" I asked him and he scoffed.

"Of course I will. I'll always love you, no matter what," He told me, giving me a kiss. He pulled away and left his face close to mine, looking into my eyes and I melted before crashing our lips together. The kiss got more and more deeper and heated enough to where the box was being swiped off the bed, allowing us to lay down and, let's say, get down to business.

***********

I lay awake with my head on Brendon's chest, listening to his heartbeat as his chest rose and fell and staring up at his amazingly beautiful face. I knew I was so lucky to have him. I mean, the man could have pretty much any girl he wanted and he chose me. He could have fucking Ryan Ross and he still chose me! I didn't see any specialty to me that he might be seeing when he looked at me, but at this point I didn't really care. There was no end to my love for him, and no one would ever change that.

I suddenly heard a muffled sound coming from under the sheets and I moved my head to see that something was lighting up underneath them. I quickly shoved them aside and find my phone with one new voice mail flashing over it. I flipped it open and listened to hear Izey's voice freaking out and saying she need to talk to me. I quickly slipped myself out of my bed, finding Brendon's boxers and shirt and pulling them on before walking downstairs. I walked out onto the patio only to have Prince run up to me and start licking my face.

"Hey, doggy dude. What's up?" I said scratching him behind his ear and making one of his legs shake. I laughed before flipping open my phone and finding Izey's number. I hit the call button and listened to it ring for a couple of minutes.

"Hello?" Her voice answered after the third ring.

"Hey, Iz. It's Cali," I told her and I heard some moving around in the background.

"Mm, hey. What's up?"

"I was calling you back. I got a message from you earlier. You said you had something urgent to tell me. What is it?"

"Oh, yeah. Hold on, I'm gonna go outside and have a cigarette while I tell you," She said and I heard her walking

"Okay, anytime now, Iz," I said.

"Okay, I'm good," She said and I heard the metallic snap of something closing and knew it was her lighter.

"So what's up? Is this about the baby again? Because you really need to stop sweating over it," I told her.

"No, it's not the baby. Something, um, happened earlier," She said and I sat up.

"What?" I asked, starting to feel a bit concerned or worried.

"Well, he..kissed me," She said slowly.

"Who?"

"Gabe," She answered and my eyes went wide.

"Are you serious? What did you do?" I asked.

"Calm down. Nothing really happened. The kiss ended, we had an awkward silence, and then we started talking again," She explained carefully.

"You guys didn't...?" I asked nervously.

"Oh god, no! I'm not that much of a slut. I've only known him for two weeks, plus the fact that I happen to be impregnated by a totally different guy!" She said.

"Okay, I was just wondering!" I said quickly. "So, did you like it?

"Um, yeah!"

"So what are you freaking out about?"

"It's just, I really like him, but I haven't told him about the baby. And I'm worried that when he finds out that I'm having someone else's kid, especially Pete Wentz's, he won't want to have anything to do with me," She said.

"I don't think he's like that, But I've never exactly met him, so I don't know. The only thing you can do is talk to him," I told her and I heard her scoff playfully.

"That seems like your advice for everything lately," She told me and I laughed.

"That's because you seem to be tangling yourself up in all these situations. You've got a big, big mess on your hands, Izey Matthews," I told her and she laughed.

"Tell me about it. Every thing's gonna work out, though. Just the way it should," She said.

"Yup," I agreed.

"So how was your Valentine's Day?" She asked and I smiled.

"Just perfect. I got to spend it with the man of my dreams," I told her.

"Yeah. Me, too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys, comments, right after you read! Or I won't update!