Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

This Isn't New.

Kara's P.O.V.

I grabbed Spencer's hand as he helped me get out of the car. I now felt like I had a ten pound bowling ball in my stomach, and I had trouble getting in and out of the car.

"Now let's go see what Ryan wants," Spencer said as we walked up the driveway to Brendon and Cali's house. He had called me about ten minutes earlier and asked me to meet him there because he needed my help with something really important.

"I don't know what he needs my help with. He's your friend," I told Spencer, knocking on the door to have Brendon open it.

"What are you doing here?" He asked surprised to see us standing there.

"Is Ryan here? He asked me to meet him," I told my brother just as Ryan appeared right behind him.

"Hey, yeah. I need Kara to come with me. Spence can hang here, right, Bren?" Ryan asked him.

"That's fine. I just gotta finish making Cali something to eat," Brendon said, shrugging.

"Cool. Come on, Kara," Ryan said grabbing my wrist and walking me back out the door.

"Where are we going?" I asked as he walked me over to his car a little faster than I could manage. "Slow down, Ry! I'm kinda pregnant here!"

"We're going to the store," Ryan answered, letting go of my arm and slowing down his pace.

"For what?" I asked, having no idea why he needed me to come with him to the store.

"Cali's sick," He answered like that explained everything.

"So we have to go the store?" I asked still not understanding what he was trying to tell me.

"Okay, I guess I'm gonna have to spell it out for you since you don't seem to get it."

"Well, give me actual answers instead of short phrases, and I might get it," I answered getting annoyed that he wouldn't just come out and tell me.

"Look at it this way. Cali has had the 'flu' for the last couple of days and she asked me to go to the store for her. Put that together and what do you get?"

"Oh my god, she's pregnant!" I exclaimed loudly as I climbed carefully into his car.

"We don't that yet. If we did we wouldn't be going to the store. But there's a pretty good chance of it," He said as he started the car and I smile widely.

"She has to be! They've been trying for such a while," I told him.

"I know. So how are you feeling?" He asked looking down at my stomach and smiling.

"Pregnant," I answered and he laughed.

"Yeah, you're getting there."

"Can't wait until I am there," I answered honostly.

"Just a little while ago you couldn't wait until you started showing," He reminded me and I nodded.

"That's before I knew how it felt to carry around what shows. Now I just can't wait until it's over altogether. I can't even imagine how it's going to feel to hold my little girl in my arms for the first time, but I definitely can't wait to find out," I said rubbing my stomach and feeling her kick. I looked up and noticed we were at a red light, so I grabbed Ryan's hand and brought it down towards me stomach. "Can you feel that?"

"No. What am I supposed to be feeling? Is she moving?" He asked.

"Keep talking," I told him lifting my shirt a little bit and moving his hand on the area I could feel pressure from the baby kicking.

"Keep talking about what? Holy shit! Is that her?" He asked as he looked down shocked.

"Mhm. Ow, yeah that's your god daughter," I told him and he smiled as she kicked again. Hard.

"Wow," He said softly and then turned to see the light turn green so he started driving again.

"I know. Ouch! You can stop kicking now!" I told my stomach as I rubbed it gently. All I got in return was a hard kick right below my ribs. "Damn child."

Ryan chuckled as he pulled in the parking lot and shut off the car. "So, do you just want to go in and get one, or do I have to come, too?"

"I can do it," I said getting out and walking towards the entrance. I walked back to an all too familiar part of that drug store as I looked for the brand I had used only six months earlier. I grabbed the one that I was pretty sure had been it and then grabbed another one and turned to walk to the cash register. I placed them down on the counter and the cashier smiled at me.

"A little late to be taking these, don't you think?" She asked and I laughed.

"Just a little bit. Nah, they're for my sister-in-law," I answered. I know Brendon and Cali aren't married yet, but I chose to refer to Cali as my sister-in-law anyway.

"That's cool. Well, congratulations!" She said handing me the bag.

"Thanks," I said walking outside and getting back into Ryan's car. "Okay, let's go."

We drove back to Cali and Bren's house. We waited for Spencer to open the front door and then walked upstairs to find Cali and Brendon up in the bedroom. Ryan handed her a bag as a curious Brendon gave it a questioning glance.

"Thanks," Cali replied to Ryan.

"What's that?" Brendon asked, still eying the little bag uncertainly. Cali opened one of the boxes and threw it at him as she walked to the bathroom with the other box. "You think so?" He asked before she shut the door and she nodded. We waited a couple of minutes for her to come out again.

"And now we wait," She said, sitting back on the bed with Brendon as she held one in her hand and left the other one in the bathroom.

I really hate waiting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait. I've had major writer's block the last couple of days because I was so excited for the concert, which was last night. And it was amazing! Ryan and Jon waved at me!