Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

She's my baby!

Kara's P.O.V.

I watched my mom send Cali afake smile before walking over to her.

"Um, mom, this is my girlfriend, Cali. Cali, this is my mom," Brendon said introducing them and scratching his neck uncomfortably.

"Hi," Cali said standing up.

"Hi, sweetie," My mom said just as sweetly as she smiled. She reached her arms out to hug Cali, who returned it politely while looking towards Brendon with wide eyes. I rolled my eyes and looked at Ryan. He was whispering something to Pete as everyone sat in silence.

"Hey, Bren, Cali. We're gonna get going and let you guys, um, visit," Ryan sat standing up and motioning to everyone else there.

"Okay. Bye, dude," Brendon said hugging Ryan as he went to hug Cali.

"Yeah, call me later," I heard Ryan say quietly.

"Bye, Ryan, it was nice to see you," My mom said and he smiled.

"You too, Mrs. Urie. Come on, guys," He answered nicely and then they all left.

"It's so good to see you, Brendon. You never call! How am I supposed to know you're alright?" My mom said to Brendon, sitting down on their coach. She turned to look at me and instantly her eyes fell on mine and Spencer's entwined hands. "Oh, Kara, I didn't see you there. How are you, darling? Hello, Spencer."

Spencer nodded and smiled to her as I replied. "I'm fine, mom."

"Well, come here and give your mother a hug," She said starting to stand up but I shook my head.

"That's okay. I'm fine here," I told her and she pursed her lips while sitting back. Dylan shot me a look and I shot him a look that said, "You brought her here. This is your fault."

"So how have you two been?" She asked turning to look at Cali and Brendon.

"Good. We're, um, getting married," Brendon informed her smiling uncertainly while Cali lifted her hand to show off her ring.

"Yes, I know. Dylan told me. When is this happening?"

"About April," Brendon answered, not wanting to put Cali on the spot like mom was probably waiting for.

"Kind of quick, isn't it? You aren't trying to beat anything, are you?"

"I don't think so. We really love each other, and we know we want to be together. Why wait?" Brendon stated grabbing Cali's hand. She smiled at him while rubbing his thumb with her own.

"So, she's not pregnant, then?" My mom asked looking her over and Cali looked shocked.

"No. Why would you think that?" Brendon asked quickly and mom shrugged.

"Usually couples only have two or three month engagements because the girl's pregnant. But I guess you're both smarter than that," She expressed glancing at me and I squeezed Spencer's hand even harder.

"Baby, calm down," He whispered in my ear. I glanced at him and held my breath, exhaling deeply.

"Well, I'm a little thirsty. Would anyone else like something to drink?" Cali asked standing up.

"Oh, no. I'm fine. Thank you," My mom smiled to her while Haidyn and Dylan both requested things.

"I'll help you with those," Spencer offered to her, letting go of my hand and following into the kitchen.

"Um, can I use your bathroom?" Dylan asked looking at Brendon and he nodded.

"Yeah. Come on, I'll show you where it is," Brendon said getting up and leading him upstairs.

"I need to go, too, actually," Haidyn said getting up and following them.

"Kara, come sit down. You shouldn't be standing so long in your condition," My mom told me. I chose to ignore the fact that she just spoke of the pregnancy of her granddaughter as a "condition". "So, how long have you been seeing Spencer?"

"About seven months," I answered, knowing where this was probably going.

"Really? And how far along are you?" She asked glancing down at my stomach.

"Six months. It's a healthy little girl, if you're wondering," I said rubbing my stomach.

"That's good. Well, what are you doing about it?" She asked and I stared at her.

"What do you mean? She's my baby, I'm going to raise her," I answered. "Spencer and I are going to raise her."

"Are you really sure that's what you want to do?" She asked.

"Of course it's what I want to do. What else would I do?" I asked and she sighed.

"I'm just saying, are you sure you're ready for a baby? I mean, you're both so young. Don't you think it's a little soon to be having children?"

"Yes, I'm sure I'm ready for a baby. I mean, this may not have been planned, but we're both happy about it," I told her.

"There are other options," She said and I shook my head.

"Hell no. If you're trying to tell me that I should have gotten an abortion, then you're fucked up in the head. I could never kill an innocent child because I thought I wasn't ready to be a mother," I told her. "Anyway, I know I'm ready to be a mom."

"I'm not talking about abortions. I would never ask that of you. I'm just saying that you could offer it for adoption," She said and I practically lost it.

"No. No way! What if I do that, then try and have another baby and I can't? Then I would have to live with the fact that could have a child, but I was selfish and didn't keep it because I thought I couldn't handle motherhood. That stuff happens, you know? And I would probably never be able to find her again after somebody adopted her. That would be just... It would just hurt me too damn bad," I told her.

"Well, maybe you're being selfish to those families that can't have children now. You could always adopt when the time comes," She said trying to convince me.

"It wouldn't be my baby," I told her putting my hand to my stomach.

"Even if you don't want to give it to an adoption agency, you could always ask someone else to take care of it for a little bit. Like Cali and Brendon, Dylan and Sydney, or-" She started but I cut her off.

"Or you and dad? Don't you dare even offer it! I would rather offer the baby up to some strange family of carnies before I give her over to you!" I told her standing up and staring at her like she was crazy.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked looking offended.

"It means that there is no way in hell that I am putting this innocent little girl in your care to have you treat her like you do me. And don't try to pretend to you treat me well or that you would treat her any different. I'm already aware of the fact that you think I'm a total fuck up and that you hate Spencer. Why would treat our daughter like you actually care?" I asked her and she looked taken aback.

"I don't know what you're trying to prove about my care towards you growing up. I love you, you're my daughter. And I do not hate Spencer. He's a very nice boy. I just want to make sure my granddaughter is in the best care," She stated almost angrily.

"See, that's it! You act like Spencer and I are unable to care for our own daughter! We're going to be perfectly fine! I know Spencer will give her anything she wants, it's not like money is a problem. Plus, she'll be in a loving environment. That's all that really matters. I wish I would have had that the whole time I was growing up," I told her and she looked fuming.

"I was a damn good mother to you, Kara Destiny Urie! To you and all of your brothers! You had roofs over your heads, food, clothing, tons of stuff you didn't even need! Your father and I paid for Brendon and Haidyn's guitar lessons! We paid for every single musical lesson Brendon has ever had, and look at where he is now! We paid for Jamie, Dylan, and Haidyn's college funds. And how did Haidyn repay us? He dropped out! Dylan definitely didn't work to his given potential. Jamie seems to be the only one who has been successful out of you five," She said standing up right in front of me.

"You think Brendon is fucking successful? You should be damn proud of where he is! Every musical instrument he's learned to play has paid off. Certainly everything Jamie had learned in college didn't pay off for him! And now Brendon's engaged to an amazing girl who doesn't care about his money. Your wonderful Jamie is currently single and works as an assistant because he's a totally prick! But of course, he can do no wrong in your eyes!" I told her.

"Do not bad mouth your brother like that! He's done way more than you have! You haven't even gone to college and I know you've now ruined chances of ever going with this now on your hands! I hope your very happy with your little drummer boyfriend, because that band isn't going to last forever. And when it ends you're both going to wish you had something to fall back on with the spoiled little monster of a daughter you'll have!" She yelled in my face and I snapped. I brought my hand up and smacked her straight across the cheek. Her mouth fell open and she raised her hand and smacked me back twice as hard as I did her. I stumbled backwards into Brendon's arms as he, Haidyn, and Dylan glared at her.

"I think it's time for us to go, mom," Haidyn said grabbing her coat and handing it to her.

"You can't make me leave. I'm talking to my children," She told Haidyn pushing his hands away from her.

"No, mother, I think Haidyn's right," Brendon told her and Cali and Spencer came back in.

"You're kicking your own mother of your house?" She said staring at Brendon.

"Yeah, I am. God knows you've done it to enough of your children," He told her and she looked shocked.

"I..um," She stuttered.

"Yeah, and I wouldn't expect to get news of either of your grand children," Brendon continued.

"W-what? I thought you weren't having a baby," She said wide-eyed.

"Actually, yeah I am. Cali's pregnant. But I wouldn't count on meeting either mine or Kara's baby any time soon. Bye, mom," He said as Haidyn handed her her coat once more and walked her out the door. "Are you okay?" He asked turning to me.

I tried answering, but I suddenly burst into tears. He hugged me as Spencer rushed over to me and took me in his arms, sitting down on the couch with me.

"She's such a bitch! I swear to god, I hate her," I whimpered to him and he shushed me.

"I know, but don't you believe anything she says. You'll be an amazing mother," He told me, rocking slightly.

"And you're going to be a great father. I love you, Spence," I told him softly.

"I love you, too, Kara. And I can't wait to raise this baby girl with you," He said kissing me gently.
♠ ♠ ♠
It would be really nice to have some comments for this chapter. It took a lot of effort to write, about two hours actually. Tell me what you think?