Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

You cannot hog Jon's baby!

Izey's P.O.V.

"Here," Cali said throwing Gabe a beer. He wasn't paying attention and looked up just in time to have the bottle connect with his face. It hit him in the nose and his head went back as the beer bottle dropped into his lap. His hands flew to his nose as blood quickly started dripping from it.

"Shit! Ryan, can I have a rag or something? Dumb ass over here is throwing bottles again!" I yelled grabbing Gabe's arm and dragging him into the kitchen. Ryan met me with a red dish towel as soon as we were in the doorway and I moved Gabe's hands to put it up against his nose. I lead him to a chair and helped him sit down as he lent his head back. "Thanks."

"No problem. Cali hit him with a bottle? I guess we're going to have to keep Brendon out of the way," Ryan said and I laughed.

"Now, Ryan, that's not very nice," I told him and he shrugged.

"We're way passed nice by this point. Anyway, she's pregnant. It wouldn't surprise me if she gets the temptation to hit him anytime soon," He told me. Just at that moment, Cali and Brendon both walked into the room, staring at Gabe.

"What happened to you?" Brendon asked him and he nodded at Cali.

"What did I do?" She asked looking confused.

"Well, let's see. When you throw something to someone, aren't you supposed to make eye contact with the person first to make sure they're going to catch it?" I asked her and she shrugged.

"Matters what you're throwing. I still don't see what I did," She answered.

"Let's say we're throwing a bottle. What happens when someone unexpectedly hits you with a bottle in the nose?" I asked her and understanding washed over her face. Then it turned to guilt.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry!" She told Gabe and he removed the piece of cloth, signifying that his bloody nose had stopped.

"S'okay. Next time, just say my name and make sure I know you're throwing a bottle at my head. Communications the key," He told her, moving to hand the bloody rag to Ryan, who stared at it like it was toxic.

"You're kidding, right?" Ryan asked and Gabe continued staring at him. "I'm not touching that! You could have AIDS for all I know. Take it downstairs and put it in the washing machine." Gabe still didn't move and he and Ryan continued their staring match. "Oh, come on. You stupid ass hole!" Ryan said turning towards the basement and leading Gabe down the stairs.

"Ugh, when the hell are they coming back with the food? I'm fucking starving!" Cali asked as she opened up a pop. Brendon opened his mouth to say something but she shook her head and showed him the can. "Chill, daddy, it's caffeine free. And it won't hurt to have a little bit of caffeine, anyway."

"Okay then. And I'm sure they'll be home soon. Kara won't be able to be around the food very long without killing Spence and Pete to get her hands on it. They were just running over to get Jacob," Brendon told her and she rubbed her stomach.

"I hope so. Aren't you hungry, Iz?" She asked looking at me.

"Not really. My stomach has been a bit funny lately," I told her. Brendon cocked an eyebrow at me as he glanced down at my stomach and I put my hand over it. "What?"

"Nothing." He shook his head and turned away just as Gabe and Ryan walked back into the room.

"Pete's here," Ryan said and a second later we heard a car door slam shut followed by another one.

"How do you do that?" Cali asked.

"What? He just texted me," Ryan told her.

"You always know when he's here, though. Do you have, like, dog ears or something?" She asked and I laughed at how immature she sounded.

"No, he has bunny ears," Brendon told her and she looked confused.

"But, that doesn't make any sense," She said slowly.

"Don't worry about it, Cali. You won't understand it no matter how much you try," Ryan told her waking to the door and opening it as Brendon ran behind him and stole the car seat from Pete's hands. Ryan laughed and jumped out of the way as Brendon brought the carrier into the kitchen and sat it on the table. He unbuckled the belt from Jacob and took him out.

"Oh my gosh, he got so big!" I exclaimed looking over at the little boy. "How old is he, now?"

"Seven months," Kara answered walking, well, waddling into the kitchen behind Spencer.

"Wow! He's so adorable!" I cooed, smiling at him. He smiled back and Brendon gave him a squeeze in his arms.

"Let me see him, Bren," Ryan said reaching his hands out to receive Jake. Brendon stared at him wide-eyed and held the baby closer, backing away from Ryan. "Brendon! You cannot hog Jon's baby!"

Spencer laughed as he watched his friends, setting the food down on the table. "Here you go, guys, eat up!"

"What is it?" I asked as Cali and Kara walked toward the table.

"Salad and pizza. Take your pick," Pete answered as he went to the fridge to pull out something to drink.

"Okay," I said moving closer to the table, but the smell of the melted cheese and pepperoni made me step back and clutch my stomach. I sat down in the chair and closed my eyes, opening them to see Pete and Gabe watching me.

"Are you okay?" Pete asked and I nodded my head vigorously.

"You sure, baby?" Gabe asked and I continued nodding.

"Yeah. I'm just kind of tired. My head hurts a bit, too," I said.

"You want to go upstairs and lay down?" Pete asked and I shrugged.

"I'll be okay," I said but Gabe shook his head.

"I think you should, sweetie. You'll feel better," Gabe told me and I sighed.

"Fine, but I'm still hungry," I said moving towards the stairs.

"We'll send some food up for you in a little bit. Just relax for right now," He answered, kissing my forehead and I turned to walk towards the stairs. I settled into the bed in the guest bedroom and fell asleep.

***************************

I woke up to someone poking me. I opened my eyes to see Kara standing next to me with a plate of food.

"Hey, wake up. I got food for you," She said handing me a glass of water and the plate.

"I'm not very hungry. Thanks, though," I said smiling at her.

"You have to eat. This isn't good for the baby," She said and I spit the water I had been drinking out all over her. "Um, ew! I take it I wasn't supposed to know, then."

"You can know. But, how did you know?" I asked staring at her.

"I can tell. I'm not stupid, and I'm pregnant, too," She said like it was just common conversation. "So, who's is it?"

"Um," I stammered.

"Chill out, I'm not going to tell. It's not Gabe's, right?"

"N-no."

"Then who's is it? Is it, oh my god! It's Pete's!" She said, her eyes going wide.

"Don't tell him! But, yeah, it is," I told her, taking a bite out of the salad.

"Well, you're going to tell him, right? Does Ryan know?" She asked, then answered herself. "Of course not. Ryan couldn't keep that from Pete."

"Ryan couldn't keep what from Pete?" Ryan asked, walking in the bedroom. I dropped the plate of salad, scattering lettuce all over the bedsheets and my shirt.

"Oh, shit! I'm so sorry!" I said collecting the lettuce and putting it back on the plate.

"Iz, it's okay!" He said as I frantically tried to clean up. "Izey, I'll get it! Isabelle, calm down!" He told me, grabbing my hands and looking at me eye to eye. "Fuck, what's with you today? You're really, like, jumpy. Are you okay?"

"Yeah," I lied, nodding. Ryan sighed and looked at the bed the only thing that was still on it was the dressing.

"Okay, I'll take this over. I just have to change the sheets. Go ahead and try to clean up your shirt," He said pointing to the bathroom. I walked in and turned on the water, stretching my shirt to get it in the sink. I turned on the cold water and rinsed off the shirt, adding a little shampoo to the ranch dressing and scrubbing it. "Hey, Iz!" Ryan's voice rang through the wooden door.

"Yeah?" I shouted.

"Are you decent? I need to put these sheets down the laundry chute," He asked.

"Come on in! It's fine!" I shouted.

The door opened and he walked next to the sink and opened up what looked like a drawer. He stuffed the sheets down the chute and let it fall. I completely forgot about the bump you could see when I had no shirt covering my stomach. So I didn't think about Ryan maybe seeing it when he glanced over at me. So of course I didn't think about any of that as I let Ryan stand next to me while my bare stomach was exposed. If I did, I probably could have prevented what happened next.

Ryan jumped up on the counter and sat down, looking over my shirt to make sure I had managed to get everything off. His eyes trailed down and landed on my stomach and his eyes struck with curiosity.

"Izey, are you, um, pregnant?"