Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

I think we should do this.

Ryan's P.O.V.

"Izey, are you, um, pregnant?" I asked Izey when I noticed the slight curve of her usually flat stomach. It definitely looked like a baby bump, but I wanted to be certain. Maybe she had just gained a little weight. I mean, it happens.

"Wh-what?" She asked staring at me. The color had fully drained from her face and her eyes looked slightly scared.

"I asked if you were pregnant. Are you?" I asked and I noticed her gulp. "Izey, don't be scared. You can tell me anything."

"Ryan, I.... I," She stuttered as tears formed in her eyes.

"Hey, calm down. It's okay," I said, wrapping my arms around her and holding her close to my chest. She put her hand on my shoulder as she cried silently into my neck.

"I'm so sorry," She whispered to me.

"For what?" I asked her, confused. Then it hit me; if she was pregnant and already showing, there was no way this baby was Gabe's, since she said they had only been together for two months. Then that would mean... Pete. "Oh, shit," I muttered into her hair and I heard her sniff.

"I take that for you figuring it out then. Ryan, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen," She started but I shook my head.

"Quit apologizing, honey. None of this is your fault. Neither of you meant for this to happen," I told her and I felt her pick up her head to look at me. I let her go and she sat back, staring at me.

"So, y-you're not mad?" She asked and I shook my head.

"Why should I be mad?" I asked her and she shrugged.

"Because I'm pregnant with your boyfriend's baby. Any normal person would be fucking livid," She told me and I rolled my eyes.

"When have I ever been like any normal person?" I asked her and she giggled.

"Not a damn day in your life," She answered and I laughed with her.

"I'm not mad. This isn't something you can help. It's something you may be able to avoid. But, shit happens," I said and she nodded. "You haven't told Pete yet, have you?"

She shook her head.

"Are you going to?"

She nodded her head.

"Do you want me to go get him so you can tell him now?"

She shrugged.

"I'll be right here with you. I'll even tell him if you want me to. Then we can all talk about it," I offered and she sighed.

"Okay," She replied softly and I kissed the top of her head before getting up and leaving the bathroom. I walked downstairs and looked over at Pete, who was sitting on the floor with Brendon. Brendon was sitting down, holding onto Jacob, who stood wobbly on his feet in front of him. He was still a bit young to start walking on his own, so he didn't really get the idea to stand flat foot, yet. He balanced himself ungracefully on his tiny toes as he gripped two of Brendon's fingers with his small hands. Brendon guided him slowly towards Pete, letting him get a bit used to taking a step. Pete smiled at the little boy, holding his hands out for him to walk into as soon as he got close enough. Jacob cooed and gurgled as he took little baby steps closer to Pete. Angie smiled on the couch as Cali and Jon sat little things of encouragement to him, though he didn't understand. He just wanted to get to Pete. As soon as he stepped up onto Pete's leg, Brendon let go of Jake's hands and let him fall into Pete's grasp. Pete picked him up and lifted him above his head. Jacob laughed and smile, causing a contagious smile to spread around the room. The baby's blue eyes sparkled and Pete smiled as he brought him back down and kissed his forehead. I smiled as I leaned against the doorway and watched my boyfriend. I could suddenly imagine him with a baby of his own. Maybe.. our baby.

"Hey, Pete?" I called across the room and he looked over at me. "Can you come up here for a minute? I need to talk to you about something."

"Sure, um, hold on," He said, handing Jacob over to Angie. He got up and followed my up the stairs. I stopped at the bathroom and looked in to see Izey still sitting there on the counter.

"Hey, you want to come in the bedroom to talk? It might be more comfortable," I asked and she shrugged.

"Nothing is going to make this situation more comfortable," She muttered, but got up and followed me to the bedroom. I sat down on the foot of the bed with Pete next to me. She took a seat at the head of the head by the pillows, playing with the end of the blanket.

"Okay, so I guess I'm going to be doing most of the talking. I know this is really awkward for you, Izey," I said and Pete just sat there looking at me.

"So, talk," He said and I took a deep breath.

"Well, Pete, Izey wanted to tell you that-" I started but Izey cut me off.

"I'm pregnant," She stated simply and Pete just nodded his head slightly.

"Um, congratulations?" He said uncertainly as he looked at her face.

"No, you don't understand. It's your's," She said and he continued staring at her.

"What's mine?" He asked and she smacked her forehead.

"Okay, I'm pregnant, you know what that means, right?" She asked, dumbing down for him.

"Of course I know what being pregnant means," He said, sounding a little insulted.

"So you get that I'm having a baby. And that baby happens to be your's," She explained.

"You're joking, right?" He asked and she stared at him, dumbfounded.

"Why the fuck would I joke about this? What the hell is wrong with you?!" She yelled and his eyes went wide.

"Izey, calm down," I told her and she took a breath and closed her eyes.

"I'm sorry about that. It's just.. this isn't easy for me, Pete," She said and he nodded.

"Of course it isn't. So, what are you going to do?" He asked her and I noticed her take a deep breath.

"That's what I wanted to talk to you two about. I was wondering if you wanted to.. take the baby," She said and bit her lip.

"You mean, like, adopt it?" Pete asked and she nodded.

"Well, you wouldn't be adopting, since you're the biological father. But Ryan might have to," She answered.

"What do you think?" I asked turning to him and he looked as if he were thinking it all over.

"I don't know yet. This is, like, really unexpected," He said.

"Well, if you guys want to talk about it and make a decision, I'll leave you alone," Izey said standing up.

"Okay, we'll let you know when we decide," I told her.

"Take your time. This is a big decision. I just thought you deserved the option," She said.

"Yeah, thanks. Tell everyone we'll be down in a little bit, 'kay?" Pete asked and she nodded.

"Later," She stated walking out of the door.

I looked over at Pete who was staring down at his hands, completely concentrated.

"So, what do you think?" I asked him again and he chewed on his lip.

"I still don't know. I mean, a part of me wants to do this. But another part of me isn't so sure. What about you?" He asked.

"I think we should do it," I told him and he raised his eyebrows.

"Why?"

I think it would be good for us. I mean, how many chances will we have like this? This is actually you're baby, Pete. I know we could adopt later on, but this baby is a part of you," I told him.

"We could always have a surrogate mother," He answered and I sighed.

"Why don't you want this baby, Pete?" I asked him.

"Look, Ryan, it's not that I don't want it, it's just that I don't know if I'm ready. Having a baby is a big responsibility. You realize that, right? They take all of your time. All of your love. Your patience," He started.

"Pete, that's all the joys of being a parent. Having someone to watch over. Someone who looks up to you. I mean sure, they take up a lot of time, but do you know how fast the time will fly? I mean, one day you'll be holding your newborn baby in your arms. Then you're teaching him how to walk. Then his first day of school. Then he's graduating from high school. Then he's off to college. And then he's getting married. And having kids, and-" I started rambling off a list of things in one breath before Pete stopped me.

"Okay, baby, I get it," He giggled, grabbing my hand. "I guess I'm just worried about not being good a good dad for the baby."

"What the hell do you mean? You'd be a great father! Why do you think you wouldn't?" I asked him.

"I just feel like I'd fuck it up, somehow," He answered.

"Baby, as long as you love and take care of a baby, you won't fuck up parenthood," I told him.

"Yeah. So, you're really sure that you and I are ready for a baby?"

"I sure am. I love you, Pete, with all of my heart. I know you're the only person I'd ever want to be spend the rest of my life with. And I know that I want to raise this child with you. I really think we should do this, as I've said before," I told him.

"I think so, too. I love you, Ryan Ross, and I am so ready for a life with you. So, let's start with this one," He stated simply and I smiled. I got closer to him and pressed our lips together.

"You ready to go downstairs and announce our decision?" I asked him standing up.

"Yup, right after I get another one of these," He said attaching our lips once more before walking down the stairs and finding everyone in the living room.

"Hey, you guys, we have an announcement to make," I said standing in front of them and speaking a little quietly, noting that Jacob was sleeping soundly in Jon's arms.

"Hold that thought, okay, guys? I'm just gonna run him upstairs and put him in one of the beds," Jon said going upstairs and returning a minute later with the baby monitor in hand. "Okay, continue."

"Okay, so, we've just made a big decision, and we want to share it with you. So," I started and took a deep breath, grabbing Pete's hand and smiling at my friends in front of me. "We're having going to have a baby."
♠ ♠ ♠
What happened to all those lovely comments? Three is definitely not good enough, especially since the last chapter was a cliff hanger. So, what do you guys think? I'd love to hear it..