Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

The eleventh commandment.

Cali's P.O.V.

"Cali, baby, wake up," A voice muttered softly in my ear as he placed light kisses to my cheek and the area underneath my ear. I slowly opened my eyes to see Brendon's smiling face looking down at me. He pressed his lips to mine and I sighed against him, loving the passionate way he was kissing me. The kiss broke off a few minutes later and he pulled away just enough to keep our foreheads still touching. I smiled at him softly and he returned it, pecking my lips one more time. "Happy birthday, baby."

"Only if it's with you," I told him and he kissed me again.

"Are you hungry?" He asked.

"A little," I answered. He moved off of me and helped me sit up, allowing me to look over at the end table to see it decorated with many bowls filled with different kinds of fruits. I smiled at him appreciatively. "Oh my god, Brendon, how did you get all of this? It's just the beginning of spring!"

"I have my ways. Now sit back and don't worry about it. Just eat your little pregnant heart out," He told me, grabbing a strawberry out one bowl and bringing it to my lips. I bit down on it and practically moaned at the taste. I don't know if it was my hormones screwing with my taste buds, or just the strawberries taste itself, but that was definitely the best I had ever tasted. Brendon looked very pleased with my reaction and picked another one up to feed to me. I took it from his fingers and brought it up to his own closed lips. I pressed the red fruit against them and he slowly opened his mouth, allowing me to push the strawberry half way in. He bit into it and closed his eyes, savoring the yummy taste.

"The strawberries are damn good! You're still not going to tell me where you got them, are you?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"Nope, but I am going to agree that they are really good!" He said grabbing another bowl and feeding me something else.

"What time is it?" I asked because he was blocking the clock from my view.

"It doesn't matter. We have all the time in the world today. I talked to Brooke, and you have today off," He told me and I smiled.

"Thank you! So, that means I get to spend all day with you?" I asked him and he nodded.

"Maybe one or two visitors. But for the most part it's just you and me," He answered.

"Finally," I sighed, moving to cuddle up to his chest. "You know how long it's been since I had you for a whole day by myself?"

"Too long," He answered kissing my lips softly as we returned to our wonderful breakfast.

***********************

I was curled up on Brendon's sleeping chest, eyes becoming drowsy and definitely ready for a small nap when the phone started ringing loudly. I reached behind up and hit the speaker button on the stand, figuring it was probably one of the guys calling to wish me a happy birthday.

"Hello?" I answered lazily into the phone as I played with Brendon's dark hair. His eyes fluttered open to look at me for a moment, but then they drooped closed a second later.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Smith? You can't steal my day off!" An angry voice spoke through the phone and I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to figure out who it was.

"Who are you and what the hell are you talking about?" I asked.

"It's Taylor, and I am not taking your shift today! I don't care what Brooke says! I've been waiting for this day off for the past week. I already have plans today and I'm not breaking them. So you're going to have to go in and do your own damn job!" She answered snootily.

"Excuse me? It's my birthday and I'm spending it with my fiance. Brooke already told me I didn't have to work. I had no idea she was going to call you and I in no way advised her to do so, either. But don't you think you could maybe, just this once, have a heart and let someone else have a good day?" I asked her with the same attitude she was giving me.

"I know you have Brooke wrapped around your finger because you're dating her friend from high school and you're pregnant and blah, blah, blah, but I'm not buying your little game. Just because you're pregnant doesn't mean you need all this special treatment you get. I mean, if the baby is that much of a hassle for you, why don't you just have it taken care of?" She asked. By this point I was fuming mad.

"Listen here, you stupid little bitch! I don't get special treatment because I'm having Brendon's child, and I sure as hell don't ask for it! I'm sorry that I have doctor's appointment's pretty much every two weeks, and that I get tired and hungry. It's a little something called hormones, and I can't control them. Don't you remember when you were a teenager and your body went through all of those changes? On second thought, no, you probably don't. Because you're obviously too much of an immature brat to have gone through puberty. I'm not working today, and that's final! And you're not intimidating, you stupid hoe bag!" I yelled at her before I smacked my hand over the end call button on the machine. I huffed and looked back down to see Brendon staring at me with an eyebrow cocked.

"And that would be?" He asked.

"That stupid Taylor girl I work with. She called and started screaming at me that I better go into work today because she wasn't taking over my shift," I told him and he nodded.

"That explains where the mood swing monster came from," He said and I giggled.

"Aw, come on! I'm not that bad, am I?" I asked and he snorted.

"Baby, you'd put the incredible Hulk to shame. I can't believe I have to take another eight months of that!" He told me and I rolled my eyes.

"Well, if you really think I'm bad, you've obviously never seen your sister," I told him and he laughed.

"That bitchiness has nothing to do with the baby. She's always like that," He told me.

"I don't believe that. All women get overly bitchy during pregnancy," I told him.

"I know. It should be the eleventh commandment. 'Thou shalt not upset the pregnant bitch," He said and I giggled.

"Definitely. Well, now I'm fully awake, and it looks like you are, too. So what are we doing now?" I asked him leaning my head back on his shoulder and he pecked a kiss to my lips. "And the answer better not be sex."

"Damn," He muttered after he closed his mouth. "Well, we could, um.. watch a movie!"

"Okay, what movie?" I asked and he thought for a minute.

"Okay, so it's your birthday. What's your favorite movie?" He asked me and I rolled my eyes.

"Like you don't know that one. It's Alice in Wonderland," I told him and he smiled.

"I knew that," I giggled and kissed his nose.

"So why'd you ask?" I asked him.

"I needed to make sure I was right before I asked you," He told me getting up to put it in. I cuddled back into his chest as he sat down and we started watching it.

We got right to the Mad Tea Party when I turned to him with a smile.

"Let's have a tea party!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay my lovely readers, I have a favor to ask of all of you! Well, besides comments! I would love it very much if you check out a new story I'm writing with Sunny-lee. It's called A Unique Sound. Check it out and tell us what you think! Pretty, pretty please?