Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

Are You The Tooth Fairy?

Brendon's P.O.V.

I sat with my head against Ryan's shoulder, suddenly very sleepy.

"You okay, Bren?" Kara asked me and I nodded.

"He's just tired. I don't know why, he's been sleeping all day," Cali answered, giving me a small wink and my smile grew more.

"What the hell is everything up here?" Izey asked Cali as she searched through one of the boxes. "Oh shit, I remember this! We never did get to bury it."

"No, because we kept preparing to move. Do you remember what's in it?" Cali asked her and Izey shrugged.

"Probably some really stupid stuff. Open it up later," Izey shrugged and placed the box wrapped in colorful paper back on the floor.

"What was it?" I asked them.

"One of those time capsule things. We made it in middle school," Cali explained as she looked through all of the boxes.

"Cali, are you the tooth fairy?" Kara asked, finding a unlocked little case filled to the top with quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies.

"Damn! How many coins do you have?" Ryan asked as he looked over Kara's shoulder at it.

"Oh, no. Sorry, sweetie. There's probably almost a hundred dollars worth of change in there," Cali answered and we all stared at her shocked.

"Why the fuck do you have a hundred dollars worth of coins?" Ryan asked her and she bit her lip.

"Because I couldn't save dollars," She answered and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What? Were you saving up for something?" I asked her and she nodded.

"I was saving up to leave," She answered softly.

"Leave where?"

"Vegas," She answered and my face fell. "Oh, baby, I'm not talking about now. I completely forgot about this money. I was saving up to leave Travis."

"Why couldn't you save dollars?" Kara asked.

"Because he would start wondering where everything was going. I didn't have a job, so I got money for all of the things I needed from him. If I saved the bills and he didn't see anything new, he would stop giving me money. So I started saving change because I knew he wouldn't even notice that missing," Cali explained.

"What was he so worried about?"

"Me leaving him. He wouldn't admit it, but he was scared shitless of being alone. That's why he caused such a scene with Brendon. He couldn't stand the thought of me being with another guy. I didn't need him anymore," Cali answered.

"You know, it's sad he had to turn into such a jack ass. He used to be such a sweet guy," Izey said.

"He was," Cali answered and I felt myself stiffen up a little bit. "But that was a long time ago."

"How long did you guys date?" Kara asked her and Cali bit her lip.

"Um, about two years. Started in junior year and then went to last summer," She answered and Izey snorted.

"Don't you mean stolen in junior year?" Izey asked and Cali laughed.

"No, I didn't steal him. He broke up with you, Izey," Cali explained and Izey scowled.

"To date you," She answered.

"I don't see why you're still pouting about it. Would you like to be his little punching bag right now?" Cali asked her and she shook her head. "So shut up!"

"Wait, you used to date Travis, too?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Before that slut," Izey started, pointing at Cali who laughed and whacked her in the back of the head playfully.

"Okay. Come on, can we stop talking about my ex-boyfriend right now? I'm getting married in three weeks and I don't want to relive all of that," Cali responded and we all nodded, relief slightly washing over me.

"Can I have this?" Kara asked her, picking up a small baby toy.

"Of course. You can have anything you want up here. It's not like I can't get it back from you if I want it. You and Spence aren't skipping town right after Sunnie's born, are you?" Cali asked her and Kara shook her head.

"Nah, I don't think so," She answered.

"Same to you too, Ryan," Cali added, looking at him and he nodded.

"Thanks," He answered and she smiled.

"It's cool. I don't think I'm gonna be using all of them."

"Ugh, my stomach hurts!" Izey whined, holding her stomach as she leaned back.

"So does mine," Kara nodded her head.

"Mine doesn't!" Cali exclaimed happily.

"Because you barely have anything in there! You're baby's only, like, the size of an apple," Izey told her and Cali stuck her tongue out.

"So! Like your's is much bigger!" She argued.

"Well, mine has fingernails! Fingernails!" Izey stated and Ryan groaned, making Kara laugh.

"Don't start up with that! Please!" He told her and she smiled.

"But that was fun!" Izey argued and he shook his head.

"No. You guys fucking broke me that night!" He told her and she giggled.

"I did no such thing. That was all Kara and Gabe. And don't ask me where the fuck that money went to, because I still don't know," She told him and Kara laughed.

"Can I ask what you guys are talking about?" Cali asked, looking curious.

"What? The fingernails or the money?" Kara asked.

"I already know what the fingernail thing is all about. What's this deal with the money?" She asked and Kara smiled.

"It was a swear jar. I got tired of reminding them not to swear and that the baby could hear them, so Gabe got a jar. Every time one of them swore, they had to put a dollar in the jar," Kara explained.

"And everybody ended up putting money in it except for those two," Ryan added.

"How did you manage to get Gabe not to swear?" I asked and Izey rolled her eyes.

"He cheated. He started swearing in Spanish. No one could understand him and nobody had pointed out in the beginning that other languages weren't an option," Izey explained and I laughed.

"It was actually kind of funny, because he would just start talking really fast and you had no idea what he was saying. So everyone was staring at him," Kara said laughing.

"It probably was. I got cussed out in French the other day, though," Cali said.

"Why?" Izey asked and Cali shrugged.

"Because my boss is a fucking psycho," She concluded and Ryan and I burst out laughing.

"Don't worry about that, sweetie. You definitely aren't the first person to have random, unknown phrases yelled at you by Brooke," Ryan told her and I nodded.

"Yeah, last time she yelled at me, I swear she said something about glue, shoes, bunnies, and underwear. It didn't make sense," I told her and she laughed.

"Well it didn't help that Carson started in with her. I had no idea what they were saying, so I sat in my little corner with a blender," She explained and I giggled at the thought of her like that. "Hey, do you guys smell something? Or am I going crazy?"

"Smell what?" Izey asked her.

"It smells like chocolate.. Brownies! Or cake! Kara, you're making me fat!" Cali told her with a huge smile on her face as Kara laughed.

"You need a belly. There's a baby in there," Kara told her and Cali lifted her shirt up to show off her stomach.

"You can't tell. It's still very flat," Cali said, examining her bare stomach.

"It'll get this big sooner than you think," Kara said rubbing her own stomach.

"Yep! Now I shall discover what you're making me," Cali announced, getting up and running down the stairs towards the kitchen.