Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

Nerves.

Brendon's P.O.V.

"Brendon, wake up," Gabe told me, but I refused to open my eyes.

"No. Go away!" I told him, clenching them closed tighter.

"Urie, get up. You have a spider on your face," he told me.

"Fuck off, Saporta!" I exclaimed, reaching to hit him, but I couldn't feel him anywhere close to me.

"I'm not kidding, dude. It's on your fucking cheek," he said and I opened my eyes and looked down to see a blurry black object on my right cheek. I jumped up and swatted at it, watching the spider fall to the ground and scurry away.

"Why did you put a motherfucking spider on my cheek, you asshole?!" I yelled at him and he stared at me like I was crazy.

"I didn't! Ryan told me to come in here and wake you up and I saw it there. Why the hell would I want to put a spider on your cheek?" he asked and I shook my head.

"That's what I'm fucking asking you," I told him, running my fingers through my hair and swatting at the rest of me, making sure I had no other bugs on my body.

"Look, I didn't put a or any insects on you while you were sleeping. Now I would advise you to come with me now before Ryan takes it upon himself to come up here and drag you downstairs himself," he told me and I nodded. I followed Gabe down the stairs and into the kitchen where Ryan, Pete, Spencer, and Jon were eating breakfast.

"Hey, Bren." Pete smiled at me.

"What time is it?" I asked Ryan, nodding at Pete with a smile to return his greeting.

"Eleven thirty," he told me and I sighed, grabbing a piece of toast.

"What was all the yelling upstairs about?" Jon asked and I looked toward Gabe.

"Brendon had a spider on his cheek and he freaked out because he thought I put it there," he answered Jon.

"Did you?" Ryan asked.

"No! Why do you just assume that? What the hell would I put a spider on his cheek for?"

"I told you to wake him up. Everyone has their own methods of doing so," Ryan said shrugging, stuffing his last bite of egg in his mouth before turning towards me. "Okay, we gotta get dressed. The wedding starts in a couple hours."

"Yeah. The wedding," I stated, feeling an uneasy feeling starting up in my stomach.

"Are you okay, Brend, you don't look too good?" Spencer asked and he and Jon eyed me suspiciously.

"I'm fine," I answered and Ryan gave me a look. "Really."

"Come on anyway," he told me, grabbing my arm and walking me up the stairs.

*************

Cali's P.O.V.

"How are you doing?" Kara asked me through the door as I threw up.

"I don't know whether I'm sick from nerves, or the morning sickness," I told her once I had the door open and she smiled empathetically.

"Probably both. Now, come on, Brooke's dying to get at you," she said, grabbing my hand and pulling my out into my room. Brooke was sitting on the bed, eyes curiously searching the room until they feel upon me. She smiled warmly at me and reached her arms out to give me a hug. I fell into her outstretched arms and sniffled lightly.

"Are you okay?" she asked and I shrugged.

"Honestly, I don't know. I mean I'm happy and everything, it's my wedding day. But I'm so damn nervous. Is this even normal?" I asked her and she smiled.

"Well, I've never gotten married before, but I'm going to guess that it probably is. I wouldn't worry about it, though. You know you want to marry him," she said and I nodded.

"Couldn't dream of being with another man," I informed her and I saw Kara smile.

"Good, now let's get your dress on and your make up and all that good stuff ready. You're getting married, babe," she said and I laughed, moving to grab the dress from my closet.

************

Brendon's P.O.V.

"Bren, you seriously look like you're gonna faint or something," Pete told me and I shook my head, as did Ryan.

"He's fine, Pete. Leave him alone," he told him and Pete sighed.

"I just don't want you collapsing or getting sick during the ceremony," Pete told me and I shook my head again.

"I'm okay, Pete," I told him, but he didn't look convinced.

"Just wedding jitters. Why don't you go check on everything else, baby," Ryan offered, kissing Pete's cheek and he sighed before turning to walk out the door.

"Brendon, every thing's gonna be fine, okay?" Ryan asked me after Pete had left.

"Yeah. I gotta, um, use the bathroom," I said, rushing out the door and to the bathroom down the hall. I crouched down and emptied the contents of my stomach, which probably only consisted of toast and some beverage. I flushed the toilet once I was sure I was done and stood up, staring at myself in the mirror as I rinsed out my mouth. Pete and Spencer were right, I did look kind of sick. I was just so nervous about this whole thing. A knock sounded at the door and I turned to open it, seeing my brother standing in the doorway.

"Hey, Dyl, what are you doing here?" I asked him and he smirked.

"What are you doing? You're getting married in two hours and you're hiding out in the bathroom?" he asked chuckling as he walked in and closed the door behind him.

"I just kind of.. threw up," I confessed, scratching the back of my neck.

"I see. Ryan mentioned you might be getting cold feet. You wanna talk about it?" I shrugged. "You know it's perfectly normal to be nervous before your wedding. Most people are. You start thinking about whether you're making the right choice, if it's gonna last, all sorts of things."

"Were you nervous when you married Sydney?" I asked him and he nodded.

"I was a sweaty mess. I wouldn't even come out of the room for the wedding until dad came in and talked to me," he said and I sighed, thinking about my dad.

"He's not coming is he?" I asked and Dylan bit his lip.

"I don't think so. But it probably isn't his choice. You know he would want to be here. I'm amazed you even invited mom," he said.

"Why?"

"I never would have after the incident with Kara."

"I was being nice. Hell, I even sent an invitation to Jamie. I don't know what I was thinking. We invited Cali's mom and sister. They won't be here. I don't understand how such a sweet and loving girl could come out of a home like that," I told Dylan and he nodded.

"She must have a good dad, right?" he asked and I nodded.

"Yeah. I think he's the only one in her family that's going to be here. He argued with his wife when she refused to go. He said he wants to be the one to walk his daughter down the aisle to give her away. He didn't get to do that with Chelsea, because she went off and eloped with some loser. Plus, Cali's his baby girl, so he's definitely taking this opportunity," I explained and he smiled.

"That's where she gets it. She's got a very caring, devoted father," Dylan replied. "She is a very sweet girl, Bren. I really think she's perfect for you."

"So do I. I love her with all my heart. I just don't get why I feel this way, though," I told him.

"Just because you're nervous over marriage doesn't mean you love Cali any less, Brendon," he told me and I nodded.

"It's just, I've been anticipating this day since I proposed, and now that's it's finally here, I'm a wreak. It doesn't make sense," I told him.

"Maybe you're freaking out because you've been anticipating it for so long. Just relax, Bren, you'll feel better. Seriously," he told me and I nodded uncertainly.

"I hope so," I answered.

"You will. Just wait until you see her," he told me and I smiled at the thought.

"She's gonna be beautiful, huh?"

"Stunning." I turned to grab my tie off of Ryan's dresser to find him fixing his own.

"Hey, you cool now?" he asked and I swayed my head.

"Kind of," I answered and he smiled.

"That works for me."

***********

Cali's P.O.V.

"You look gorgeous," Dani commented as she watched Kara and Brooke work their magic on my hair and make up.

"Thanks," I smiled warmly. "What's up with Izey today? Is she coming?"

"She's here." I looked towards the door to see her standing fully dressed in her bridesmaid dress. My smile became wider.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey. Look, I'm sorry about yesterday. The hormones are making me a total bitch. I kept snapping at Pete and Gabe, too," she said and I nodded.

"It's fine. Just as long as you're here now," I told her and she smiled while walking the rest of the way inside and sitting down next to Dani.

"Don't you dare start crying, or I will be forced to hurt you," Kara warned and I laughed at her.

"Yes. I have a curling iron in my hand, and you do not want to go through your wedding ceremony with a burnt ear," Brooke warned as she adjusted my head to where she wanted it and I gave Dani a look. She giggled and I noticed Brooke smiling playfully at me in the mirror. "I saw that."

"I felt that," I told her and she snickered.

"Close your eyes!" Kara demanded and I sneered at her.

"Be nice, or I'll call Ryan and have him come do my make up," I told Kara and she rolled her eyes. I heard Brooke laughing and I rolled my eyes. "Pete can do my hair, too. I don't need you either, darling."

"Not if I fuck it up so bad he can't fix it," she answered and my mouth dropped open. "Yeah, bitch, I'd go there."

"Shut up, we're done," Kara said standing up as Brooke let the last curl drop.

"Perfect," I answered, looking in the mirror.

*************

Brendon's P.O.V.

"Brenny Bear!" I heard someone shout as I walked off the bottom step. I looked up fast enough to see Haidyn launch himself at me, nearly knocking me over as he engulfed me in a tight hug.

"Haidyn!" I said as I hugged him back, laughing.

"I can't believe me my baby brother is getting married today!" he exclaimed and I smiled at him.

"Believe it! It's happening," I told him and he pulled away to look at me, his brown eyes unreadable.

"Are you nervous?" he asked softly and I bit my lip.

"A little bit. Not as much as I was," I told him and he smiled softly.

"Good. This is a huge day," he told me and we both nodded.

"Tell me about it," I said and he laughed. He turned to look at Ryan who stared back at him with an eyebrow cocked. "And you're getting married next!"

"No, he is," Ryan told him, pointing to Spencer.

"To who?" he asked and Dylan looked at him concerned.

"Your sister, dumb shit," Dylan told him and he cocked his head.

"Kara? I didn't approve of that," Haidyn shook his head and Spencer looked a bit tense.

"You didn't have to. Brendon did. And so did I," Dylan told him and he pouted.

"Fine. You have my blessing anyway. Then you're getting married!" he turned to Ryan.

"To who?" Ryan asked him, causing Pete to give him a pout. Ryan stuck his tongue out at him.

"Him, duh!" Haidyn said pointing to Pete. "You have my approval, little brother."

"Sure," Dylan answered when they looked at him.

"Since when is he your brother?" Gabe asked.

"Since he told us he was an only child. So about five years," Haidyn answered.

"We adopted him," Dylan added.

"I don't approve. I don't like him," Jon stated and Pete kicked his chair.

"Too bad, Walker, I own your ass," Pete answered and I giggled.

"They don't need your approval. When did you become our brother?" Haidyn asked.

"I'm an only child," Jon pouted.

"No you're not. I've met your sister," Pete told him and Jon gave him a dirty look.

"That's why I don't like you," Jon informed him and Pete patted his head.

"Poor baby. I don't need you to like me. I need your guitarist to like me," Pete responded, wrapping his arm around Ryan's waist and puckering his lips for a kiss. Ryan just stared at him for a couple of seconds before turning back to us. Pete pouted even more and leaned over and bit Ryan's shoulder.

"Ow!" Ryan jumped away from him.

"What?" Pete asked.

"You bit me. You're such a child!" Ryan accused and Pete smiled.

"I love you," he answered, placing his hands on Ryan's hips.

"That's nice," Ryan said as Pete placed a sloppy kiss on his cheek. "Ew."

"Okay, guys, it's one. We better get going. You ready Brend?" Spencer asked me and I nodded.

"I am." I stood up.

"Let's go get you married," Ryan said, offering his arm and I took it.

"I love you, Ryro," I told him, leaning my head on his shoulder and stealing a glance at Pete. He was scowling at Gabe who was in hysterics over the look on his face.

"I love you, too, Bden," he answered, kissing my ear and giggling when Pete growled and grabbed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I absolutely love this chapter. How about you guys?

Next chapter is the wedding! How about some comments?