I Still Believe

Preface: Part 1

“Mommy!!!” A girl, around the age of 11, called to her mother. “There are two owls at the window!!” Almost 30 seconds later, her older sister Lily was in the kitchen and opening the window for the owl’s. She grabbed a letter and tore it open, a badge fell out of the bottom.

“I’M HEAD GIRL!!!” she yelled, extremely excited. She was jumping up and down as her parents came in the room and noticed their youngest daughter standing back in the corner, frightened by the outburst. “I’m Head Girl!!!”

“Lillian Evens! We get that your excited about being Head Girl, but you scared your sister.” Mr. Evans scolded his middle daughter. Lily, who just now realized that her baby sister was scared in a corner, instantly sobered.

“Allie, Are you okay?” She asked, going over to her and bending down to her level. “I’m sorry I scared you, I didn’t mean to. Being Head Girl is a huge honor… for any student. I was just excited.” She explained softly.

“It’s ok.” Allie said softly, as well. She looked up into her older sister’s eyes. “I knew you were destined for greatness.” She smiled. “It’s only natural your Head Girl.” Lily smiled and stood up.

“Lily honey, could you tell me why there are two owls this year? We normally only get one.”

“No, I can’t say I do. Let me look at the letter.” She said, going to the second owl. As she went to untie the note, the owl pecked her hand. She withdrew it quickly. “Ouch! Bloody owl” She scowled at it then looked t see if it was addressed to her. As she read the name her eyes widened.

“Allie! It’s for Allie!”

•♥•

“Are you sure about this Lily?” Allie looked around her as they walked down the hallway in the huge train. “I don’t think they got it right…. I’m not cut out for this.”

“Allie, don’t worry. You’ll be amazing here.” Just then, two boys appeared from, almost, no where. Allie watched her sister glared at these boys. “Black, Potter, What do you want already.”

“Oh, Nothing. Just looking for Moony.” One of them smirked “I need him to find him so we can go to the Prefects compartment.” Lily’s eyes narrowed.

“What are you on about Potter. Your not a Prefect.”

“No, but I AM Head Boy. If I’m right there is a meeting for the first part of the train ride for all Prefects and the Head Boy and Girl.”

“Wait a minute…Lily your leaving me alone for part of the ride?!?!?!” Allie’s eyes widened,

“Way to go Potter, you upset her!!” Lily bent down to her sisters height again. “Allie, I’m not leaving you alone. I would never do that. I’m going to find some friends of mine and you can sit with them ok? Maybe you can sit with Alice.” Allie nodded, smiling.

“Ok.” ‘Potter’ also known as James, watched this little moment, with raised eyebrows.

“Since when did you help ickle firsties, Evans?” Black, also known as Sirius, asked, then turned to his best mate. “Prongs, did I ever tell you the only reason I like new students is because they make up for the girls we lost in the previous years.”

“This is my sister, you prat.” Lily spat, glaring at Sirius and stepping in front of Allie. She dropped her voice into a low, yet dangerous tone. “I’ll warn you now. Stay away from my sister if you want to see your next birthday.”

“Lily!” Alice came up to her friend, smiling. Then she took notice of the ‘big sister’ protective stance and peeked behind her. “Allie!!!! You’re a witch too!? This is awesome!!” She smiled

“Lily?” James said, looking curiously at Allie, as if he’d missed the entire conversation.

“No… I’m Allie…. Lily is my sister.” She said shyly, but perked up when she talked about her sister. James smiled slightly, noticing the way she perked as she mentioned Lily.

“You look so much like your sister, you know that? I’ll bet you’ll end up just like her too… best in your year, Prefect, then eventually Head Girl. You’ll probably end up having some ‘arrogant, bullying toerag’ after you once you hit your 3rd year, he’ll be asking you out at least 3 times a day.” He smiled and took notice of the sparkle in her eyes.

“You really think I’ll be just like Lily?”

“I know you will. I know your gonna be as gorgeous as her too.” Allie smiled widely. Lily, who had taken to watching from the side, unconsciously smiling at the way James spoke to her sister. She knew how much Allie looked up to her, so she knew how much hearing how she would be just like her, meant to Allie.

“Lily? Can we sit with James?” Allie’s voice brought her back from her space out.

“hmm?”

“Can we sit with James? And his friends?” Lily was shocked, to say the least. She couldn’t believe how quickly she had taken to James. It was rather unusual, since shy was a very shy and quiet girl.

“Allie, James has to come to the Prefect meeting with me.. you wouldn’t see him until you saw me.”

“So we can’t?” Lily looked at her sister, torn between her hatred for James and her love for her sister’s happiness. She took a deep breath and sighed, closing her eyes.

“I guess.. you can sit with Sirius and Peter until James, Remus, and I get there.” She opened her eyes and smiled at her sister’s happy face.

•♥•

Lily, James and Remus had finished with their duties and were now heading to their compartment. Remus, however, was confused as to why Lily was sitting with them now, and why she was being somewhat nice to James.

“Lily, I have to ask.. why are you being nice to James?” He asked.

“Well, Remus.. I really don’t have a choice…” She chuckled. “I was kinda forced into it.” He was about o ask how, but they had gotten to their compartment. They opened the door.

“James!!!” A little girl’s voice was heard. Remus saw a familiar flash of red hair and someone attached themselves to his friends waist. Lily chuckled again, standing back.

“And that red head would be why.” She smiled. Remus looked over at his friend, who was now lifting up the red head girl and plopped down on his seat, her flying upwards as she laughed. He got a good look at the girl and smiled, she was very pretty.

”Who is she?”

“Allie, my sister.”

“I thought you were muggle-born.”

“I am. But apparently she is to, which is a good thing for her. I don’t think she’d last another year without me.”

“She’s taken a liking to James.” He noted, smiling at the twinkle in her eye.

•♥•

“Evans, Alessia” The small red head walked forward and sat on the stool. The sorting hat was placed on her head.

‘Evans, is it? Lily’s sister… yes, you possess many of the same qualities. Not very cunning.. but you are kind, friendly… strong-minded and clever, believe or not, your brave and courageous… I know exactly where to put you, you’ll do this house good.’ She heard the hat say before shouting “GRYFFINDOR!” Allie glanced over at the cheering table while the hat was removed and saw James and Lily, both cheering(the loudest ones) at her getting into their house. She grinned and hopped off the stool and ran over to them.

“I did it!! I’m with you guys!!” Lily stood up and hugged her.

“I’m so proud of you Allie! Your perfect for Gryffindor.” She pulled away and James was next to hug her.

“Amazing Angel, I told you.. your gonna be just like Lily. Come on, we saved you a seat.” She nodded and bounced over to her seat, smiling the whole time, with one 7th years eyes on her.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I'm not sure, but i think this is the first story where Lily has a sister. I've read plenty of Sirius sister, James sister, and Remus sister stories.. but 've never even heard of a Lily sister stoyr, and since i had the idea in my head i decided to put it up, and give people a bit of a change.. I hope you like it!!

Comment.Rate.Subscribe

Shelby<3