I Still Believe

The Favor

I took a deep breath as we appeared with a crack in front of my sister’s house. I know that voice, I’ve always known that voice. Except, the last time i heard it, was 4 years ago and he was drunk. The last time before that was 14 years ago, when he broke my heart. It doesn’t help that, that night, I found my sister and brother-in-law dead. I shook my head and knocked on Petunia’s door.

“Who the bloody hell would be knocking on our door during dessert!!!” I heard Vernon scream and cringed slightly. A few moments later the door swung open and Vernon stood there as red as a tomato.

“Hello Vernon” I smiled.

“Alessia” He breathed, glaring slightly. “Have you come for Petunia?” I nodded “Very well, you may come in.” He let Pete and I walk in before he closed the door. Ushering us into the living room he called “Petunia, Alessia is here.” A few seconds later she was bustling into the living room.

“Allie.” She smiled at me and I handed Damon over to Pete so I could hug my sister.

“Hey Petunia.” I paused “Is Harry here?”

“Yes he is, however I sent him to his room.”

“Well, if he is anything like Jamsies then he is standing outside the door, trying to be in the loop.” Sure enough, a few seconds later I heard footsteps running up the stairs.

“What is this about Allie? What is going on?”

“I need a favor. It’s a huge favor.”

“Of course sweetie.”

“Could you take Damon for the rest of the summer... and various other times that i drop him off.”

“What for? I can do summer, but why do you need to drop him off at various times?”

“There’s a war brewing Petunia, and I am part of it. Just like Lily, I’m part of the order.”

“WHAT?!?!?!” She screeched “What do you mean your part of the order!! You have a son!!! A 4 year old son who will remember you if anything happens!! He’s not like Harry, Alessia. Harry was only 1 when Lily and James were murdered. What is Damon going to do if you die? He doesn’t know his father.”

“He does too!! Petunia, he knows who his father is-“

“Ok, fine, but he’s never met him. What about your friends and family? Lily and James joined the Order, and LOOK at what happened to them!!”

“No, he has never met him, but that doesn’t matter. He wouldn’t even go to Remus if something happens to me. Why do you think I’m asking you to do this for me?” I paused, tears in my eyes “I know what happened to Lily and James.... I was the one who found them, in case you don’t remember. Petunia, i’m asking this favor because I know that I can trust you.” It was silent for a few minutes before she sighed.

“Alright, I’ll take him for the rest of the summer, and I’ll watch him anytime you need to drop him off.” I closed my eyes and let out a sigh of relief as I stepped forward to hug my sister.

“Thank you.” I paused, taking the trunk out of my pocket along with my wand. “Engorgio” The trunk went back to it’s normal size. “This is his some of his favorite stuff, I’ve got the rest, back at headquarters.” I took a shaky breath. “Please don’t treat him like you do Harry, please.” She nodded

“I never do.”

“Ok, you have my cell number, remember if anything happens around the full moon, call me.”

“I will.” I looked over at Pete and nodded. He set Damon down and he ran over to me. I knelt down to his level.

“Damon, sweetie, please behave yourself for Auntie Tunia. Mommy will be back around September 1st, ok?”

“Ok momma.”

“I love you baby.”

“I wuv you too momma.” I smiled and walked over to Pete and grabbed his hand. Before I could change my mind I focused on the park just outside Grimmauld Place and turned on the spot. We walked over to the space just between numbers 11 and 13. The headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix may be found at number twelve, Grimmauld Place, London I thought then watched as it appeared. We quickly walked up the stairs and knocked on the door softly. A few moments later Molly opened the door and rushed us in.

“Molly, I need to know. Who walked in as I left?”

“Remus” She replied and I blinked. Then I blinked a second time. Then a third. Pete grabbed my hand, and I knew what was going through his head. I know how close he thinks he his to losing me…. I know that no matter how much I love him, that it is true. That he is very close to losing me. I walked quickly down the hall, pulling Pete with me. I stopped just outside the door and peeked in, once I saw Remus and Sirius were the only occupants I turned to Pete.

“Um, Pete honey… Do you think you could go unpack our stuff while I catch up with Sirius?” He nodded and kissed me, quite passionately might I add, then walked up to our room. I took a deep breath and entered the room.

“Allie!! Your back.” Sirius smiled at me and I hugged him again, then nodded shyly, to Remus, who returned the gesture. “What should we talk about first?” I saw Remus’ gaze flicker to my left hand, where a ring rested, for a second before clearing his throat.

“Well, we can see you’ve done well in the men department. You have a small family, it’s amazing.” He said, his voice laced with jealously and forcing a smile. I smiled slightly.

“The only part of my small family is a boyfriend and my son.” I paused “I’m not married, but I think Pete and I both know that we aren’t going to last much longer.”

“So.. off the relationship topic, I have a question.” Sirius paused “Why didn’t you get scared or upset when you saw me?”

“Because I know you’d never do that… not to those muggles, not to Lily and James, not to me or Remus. You just wouldn’t kill any of us, or give us up. Especially not James, you were way too much like brothers for that. Besides, I saw the look on your face when you found Harry, Hagrid, and I with James and Lily. You were heartbroken.”

“So, the whole time, you didn’t believe I was guilty?”

“Not at all. James would have killed me if I had believed it even for a second.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so, a little back story on Petuniaand Allie... after Lily died, Allie turned to Petunia for support and for her to be the big sister. Though she never liked the magic she dealt with it.

Comment.Rate.Subscribe

Shelby<3