Status: Complete

Mistaken Love

Alarms were NOT needed

Image

When I got home from school I was eternally great full that my mom wasn't home to ask how it went. Anthony and April took Edwards car home, while Jake drove me and him. Stephanie took her car and fallowed us to Jake's house. I didn't care what everyone did...I just took off for my house. My energy was gone and I thanked God we had no homework today. I wanted to climb up my 14 stairs and fall into my feather bed. Sliding off my shoes I did just that.
Before my eyes finally shut my phone vibrated in my jeans...damned pockets. I twisted around and grabbed it.

"Hey! Rory it's April."

"Erm..hi."

"Listen, Edwards gonna get some rest but after a quick nap wanna come with us to a festival?" She asked hopeful.

"Which one? There isn't a holiday on September 30th."

"Hehe. You'll see. We'll pick you up at 9:00 tonight." She laughed and hung up.

What just happened? I set my phone on it's charger and took off my pants. Hopefully I wasn't going to be needed urgently. Running around in my underwear wasn't something I was looking forward too. Of course who wouldn't love the Pikachu panties I have? Laughing at my own joke, I laid down my head and found myself asleep in a matter of seconds. In a sense I was sleeping but my mind wouldn't rest. Thoughts came flooding back into memory about today. That Sebastian guy, Edward, what festival? Uhg. Tossing and turning my brain finally shut down and I welcomed the rest I needed.

---------------------------------Eddie's P.O.V--------------------------------------------------

DAMN HIM! That selfish prick, I'll mutilate him! I'll have April castraight him! Sebastian can't just CLAIM a human for his own. It's not right. She isn't some PRIZE to be claimed anyway. At any rate I wont let him lay a finger on Rory. And Jake...c'mon. I have NEVER interrupted you when you were telling Stephanie you loved her...or your make out sessions...while I was in the room...painting while you two were on my bed...like right now.

"UHG! STOP THAT! AND GET OF MY BED!" I screamed, making them jump apart.

"Eddie? Wassa matter?" Jake asked still in a daze.

"You two...are my problem. Can you guys have a little decency as to go YOUR house and do that. I sleep there." I glared.

"You never minded before Ed...we're sorry." Steph said truly sad.

"Just...leave." I said and sat back down.

"You better tell her tonight at the festival...or I will." Anthony said crawling through my window.

"Then, OOF! Uhg, Then you can go marry her and we'll all stop seeing you sulk." April said falling onto my floor right after Anthony.

"I do not sulk...I'm just frustrated." I sighed.

They all looked at me an rolled their eyes. I glared and went back to painting. What if she freaks out or she thinks I'm crazy. Of course she could believe me...and fall into my arms and cry while I hug her and tell her that I'll never let her go...hmm yes, I do like that one better. I smiled as my brush strokes became softer and my picture looked more like a sunset than a bloody sky.

I would...I am going to tell her tonight and she's going to be thrilled. I hear lips touching and look over at my bed...all four of them are at it. Sick. I growl as Anthony's lips make that smacking noise. I stomp my foot on the ground. They ignore it and just continue. I get up and walk over to shut my window, I had to get out of this room but I don't want nasty little bugs crawling around while my "friends" suck each other's faces off. I crush a spider trying to get in and look across at the window opposite of mine. It's a bit dark but the soft glow of a candle or a low lamp illuminates enough light to see her. She's tossing and turning on her bed and I can't help but laugh.

I left my room and headed outside. I honestly think none of my friends noticed. Locking my door I went up the tree and I totally understood by what Rory said about trees not liking her. I saw many broken branches. I sighed and climbed up to her window and opened it. Call me a stalker if you must. But it's better than watching people make out. I fell to her floor with a thud and snapped my head up to see if she woke up. Whew...I'm safe.

I walked over to her and saw the clock read 6:47...her phone was charging, her lamp light was low, and the room was surprisingly neat. Her messenger bag was dumped on the floor and the pair of pants she wore today were in a bundle by her bed. Wait...haha. No way, I never guessed she didn't sleep without pants. Man...I am such a creepy guy. Perhaps I wont get these urges once I tell her.

Yeah I'll say.
Who're you?
You.
Mmhmm???

(A.N- YES C'mon! Everyone needs a voice in their head. Eddie is so lucky.)

So what can I call you?
Eddie...call me Wompy Moose.
...okay.
Point is, once you tell Rory how do you know the urges will stop? Hmmm?
Well...I...she. Is this normal?
Me? No. You're impulsive decisions? Yes. You're a teen with raging hormones.
Well, I wouldn't call them RAGING...but sure I get it.
I'm gonna go now because trust me. There isn't anything more creepy than a guy leaning over your bed talking to himself. Bye, bye!
Bye...bye.

Dear God...I'm going crazy. Sure enough as I looked down She began to stir...wait, shit! She'll think I'm some kind of weirdo! Uh..where can I hide. I frantically look around the room and in two seconds I jump at the nearest door. Closing it quietly I feel something brush against me. I whip around in the dark room and trip over something. I must be in her closet...great. I back up against the farthest wall and wait for her to leave.

Damn her...she decides now of all times to read. At least she reads fast but she needs to red faster! I really need to GO. I see her sit comfortably on her bed and take out a thick black boot with a wilting flower on the cover. New...something. Rory gasps and glares at the book.

"DAMN YOU JACOB BLACK! Once I start to like you, you turn around and try to stop Bella!" Rory hisses. Well, she is GOING to Italy and she WILL save Edward."

Oh Rory...it's a book for heaven sakes. All of a sudden an annoying beeping alarm rang through her room. She tiredly reached over and snapped it off and went back to reading. 15 minuets later, still cramped in her closet she screams. She is so wild when she's alone.

"NO NO NO! It's 8:45...ooooh but I only have 3 more chapters...I JUST GOT TO THE GOOD PART!!! Well...my book will be waiting. I gotta get ready."

She leaped off her bed leaving one pillow on the floor and her blankets jagged. Rory runs into the bathroom and turns something on and applies more eyeliner. I would of left but the door was WIDE open. And then it only now occurred to me, she'll need to go to the closet eventually. Crap.

"OW! Stupid straightener...that WAS my ear you burned." Rory growled.

She ran from her bathroom wiping shiny stuff on her lips and grabbing some black pointed flats from under her bed. Tripping over the rug she stumbled to the closet door...and this is where I'm dead. I hold my breath and get ready to jump out. If I can time it right she wont see me. And then Santa will let me ride Rudolph. The knob turned and before I made a move she let go and ran to her ringing cell phone. I breathed out and chuckled at her annoyance.

"APRIL! Hi...heh, no no...I'm almost ready. Edward? Hmm no I haven't seen him. Shouldn't he be at home resting? Left?! My house? No he isn't here...I'll try calling him. Bye."

She hung up and sighed. She rubbed her temples heading back over to the closet with her cell in hand...uh oh. Just like that Shame Shame, by From First to Last started to ring.

Shame, shame on me
Come again
Shame, shame on me
Come again

Come again
Come again
Oh shame, shame on me
Come again
Shame, shame on me
Come again


Yeah...shame on me...*sigh* Actually Rory looks confused...I answer my phone shakily hoping to hide my voice from being so close.

"EDWARD! Where are you?" She asked.

"Heh, closer than you think..." I gulped.

"...did my mom let you in? Are you down stairs?" Rory asked me puzzled.

"Not exactly...I gotta go because you eyes scare me right now."

"THEY SHOULD! You had me and April and Jake and...wait. You can see me?" She asked nervously.

"Mmhmm...bye." I sighed. She's never gonna speak to me again.

I saw her blush fiercely and turn around her room quickly. OK...I'll come out in 3...2...no! NO! NO! She's coming over again. Treading over to my hiding place, the silver knob starts to turn again. And before I could even move my foot she screamed. I leap up and cover her mouth, trying to calm her down. She wiggles and slaps my hand away taking in a deep breath. I grin sheepishly, maybe she isn't mad and will focus on being worried.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY CLOSET!" She screeched.

"I need to borrow a shirt?" I replied laughing.

"You are the freakiest kid I know! My God...scared me half to death." She grumbled.

I laughed really loud and Rory glared at me. With the lights fully on I saw her room for what it really was. The wall were a light gray color and the carpet was an aqua/turquoise color. The bed was black and so was her computer system and stereo. Her cherry wood bookshelf was filled with books upon books! She had a pile of CD's near her stereo and her walls were covered in posters...COVERED. Turning away from a My Chemical Romance poster I looked back to the angry Rory...ya know she's kinda cute when she's pissed. Rory's tapping foot gave it away that I needed to tell her my reason for being in her closet...and just like that I realized that God DID love me.

"So Rory...where's my Pikachu?" I laughed.

"AHHH GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT!!!" She screamed.

"Haha, I'll be on your couch." I smiled.

As I headed down stairs I could still hear the fuming Rory behind me. Haha.
-----------------------------------Rory's P.O.V-----------------------------------------------

I glared at my doorway where Edward once stood...I sighed and re-brushed my hair and then went into my closet. He better not of touched anything. I saw several shirts of the hangers but other than that it looks like he sat on my roller blades the entire time. After about two minuets I wore a black fitted Red Jumpsuit Apparatus t-shirt and a black and white checkered skirt with black flats.

I grabbed my cell and house key and ran out my door down my stairs. When I got there Edward turned around and smiled at me. As his perfect smile flashed I kinda forgot why I was mad at him. Oh yeah. He saw me in my underwear. He opened the door for me and when I walked outside I saw a shiny purple car. This must be Jake's. When I got into the already crowded car I was told I had to sit on Edwards lap. Joy. April, God bless her, climbed onto Anthony's lap to make it less awkward and more spacey. The only bad thing is that I'm sure Anthony didn't mind. While on my part Edward had to suffer me crushing him.

As soon as I got comfy he slid his arms around my waist and said he's my safety belt. I laughed to myself and thought about the next time he sneaks into my room he's gonna need a safety belt. For I'll propel him through my window! OK...that's a bit too harsh.

"So...what is this festival for anyway?"

"It's actually kind of random...someone put it together on the outside of town because they thought September 30th was an important day." Jake said.

"Like..." I pressed.

"In 1791, The Magic Flute, was the last opera composed by Mozart and it premiered at Theater and Wien in Vienna, Austria." Stephanie smiled.

"And in 1882, The world's first commercial hydroelectric power plant, later known as Appleton Edison Light Company, begins operation on the Fox River in Appleton, Wisconsin, United States." April states.

"In 1888, Jack the Ripper killed his third and fourth victims, Elizabeth Stride and Catherine Eddowes." Eddie smiled as I squirmed.

"In 1960, The Flintstones made their debut on prime time." Anthony laughs.

"In 1982, Cyanide-laced Tylenol kills six people in the Chicago area. Seven were killed in all. The incident is known as the Tylenol murders." Jake frowns.

"And in 1985, Howard Stern is fired from WNBC-AM." Stephanie says while patting Jake's arm.

"In 1993, An earthquake hits India's Latur and Osmanabad district of Marathwada in Maharashtra state leaving tens of thousands of people dead and many more homeless." Eddie frowned.

"But in 2004, The first images of a live giant squid in its natural habitat are taken 600 miles south of Tokyo!" Anthony smiled as everyone laughed.

"I get it...so historical events...but why hold it at 9:57pm?" I asked.

"Well...to skip the boring stuff we left now and as soon as we get there the grand finale happens." April shrugged.

I laughed when Eddie decided to rub his fingers down my sides. After giving out a laugh he kept poking me as well. I turned around and playfully glared at him as he waved at me. I turned around to Jake and asked if he could turn the radio on. To my luck Suburban Legends was playing and I started to sing loudly with the words.

Shake your booty
Prepare for domination
I know you'd like me
I've got quite the reputation


I sang smiling. Everyone turned to me and before I could continue...

Here comes that feeling again
Out pop my guts now I'm a mess
Been up all night
Wondering why
Things aren't getting any better
You look so good
It can't be right
Tonight lets make our dreams come true


Edward started to sing. His voice was soft and a bit rough but it still sounded really good. It was kinda cute too.

It's our little secret
For your information
I just can't beat it
I've got a strong imagination


I faced him a bit and sung with him to the next part. Again very loudly. I think I shouldn't of started to wiggle and try to dance though. It looked like I hurt Eddie. I blushed and turned to who started to sing next.

I see you embracing me without a care
We're weightless floating on the midnight air


April sang crystal clear. Very high soprano.

Confusion clouding around
Never wanted anything more than you now


Anthony tried singing with a crack in his voice. It still sounded nice though.

One step again its not so bad
I can not fake it
Desires driving me mad
I can't contain it contain it......Wooo!!


Stephanie and Jake sung at once. Whirling their heads and putting power on the woo. They were quite the pair. I got ready for the final part as everyone faced me. With a blush I finished the song loud and proud. Still smiling.

Been up all night
Wondering why
Things aren't getting any better
You look so good
It can't be right
Tonight lets make our dreams come true


I got comfortable again on Edward and we all continued on listening to the tunes of Jake's radio. As the clock neared 10:36pm the car came to a stop at a small farm. There were games and booths. A stage where I guessed speeches were made about the "boring stuff". We all headed up a hill and saw a bunch of people (mostly elderly people) sitting on chairs or blankets.

Jake sat down with Stephanie cross legged in between Jake's legs. She leaned back against his chest and they smiled at each other. Anthony leaned up against a tree holding April by the waist while she too, leaned back on his chest. Looking at them a smack of jealousy ran through me. Ignoring it I fallowed Eddie to where he motioned me. It was near another tree and a tad bit aways from everyone else. I gulped as he took my hands.

I looked up in his radiant eyes and blushed while smiling meekly. He laughed a bit and I looked down. He took my chin and faced me toward him. This time he gulped and took a deep breath. Call me weird but I found this strange...I've known the guy for like 4 days and now he's acting like....like we're lovers or something. As I'm about to voice what I was thinking he did what I thought would NEVER happen again. Edward kissed me. Only...it felt familiar.

The soft smooth lips felt the exact same when Eddie kissed me at the dance. After 2 minuets he pulled away and I was so dazed. At first I could of sworn this was dream...and I expected my alarm to go off any minuet. And all the while my mind was going crazy! Now this Edward even KISSED like mine...WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER! It's like my brain wont let me...it's so hazy. I feel tears prick my eyes. And before I can let one escape Edward pulls me into a hug. He pets my hair as he whispers the words I've been dieing to hear for forever. I realized right then that my alarm was NOT needed. I wanted this moment to be real...and it was.

"Rory...it's me...Eddie." he says.

"Wh..what?"

"I know you remember..." he whispers.

"Wait, I can't...this is...no!" I say loudly.

"Rory!" I pushed him away.

"You can't be Eddie...we went to camp together and-"

"And he's me! I dived in a lake to get you that bracelet! You pinned me to the ground in the rain! You gave me that beautiful paintbrush that I haven't used because I was saving it for when I could paint you...and and...Kill Hannah's Lips Like Morphine is my favorite song because of YOU!" he rushed out.

"Edward...Eddie Ian James...it really is you then isn't it." I said happily while tears fell.

"Rory...I was too scared to tell you all this time...but-"

He never got to finish what he was gonna say. I ran at him again and wrapped my arms around him! He's back...HE'S BACK! I cried into his shirt and he hugged me back. I could feel him smile and let a few drops fall from him too. My heart was soaring and pumping so loudly I thought it would burst. And when I heard a giant boom I thought it did. I whipped my head around to see a dazzling display of colorful vibrant explosions in the sky. Also known as very pretty fireworks. As the sky lit up, and with the full moon glowing Eddie, MY Eddie smiled at me. With a small kiss and another giant hug he held me tightly and said,

"I told you I'd find you again. I promised we'd be bestest friends forever. I wont loose you ever again Rory Hannah Lynn Ska. Never ever."
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?
criticism?
thoughts?
//KillJayme\\