Status: Complete

Mistaken Love

There is more to this, I know

Image

And jealousy's the cousin, the cousin of greed.

"And jealousy's the cousin, the cousin of green." I sang loudly.

See I never was one to memorize a song as soon as I heard it. It took me a while. And while Fuse was playing Curse of Curves by Cute in what we aim for I STILL couldn't sing that part right. Is it green or greed? Either on makes sense. But It aggravates me to no end. Am I right or wrong? I ran my hands through my soft hair looking at the boring dark chocolate brown hair. I looked around my room and smiled at the poster covered walls and finally happy that all my stuff was in place and no one was home so that my radio cranked WAY up.

I sat back down at my desk signing into Myspace. My neglected bowl of Cocoa Pebbles were waiting patiently for me. I spooned some up outta the bowl and shoved a load of the chocolate goodness in my mouth. As the pebbles crunched I decided that the computer really wasn't all that great. So I turned the radio off and flipped the TV on to see that The Whitest Kids You Know was just starting. I squealed and plopped me and pebbles right onto my bed.

This show was freaking hilarious, tonights episode was so funny the cereal milk came out my nose a bit. The best skit tonight was about a demon going to a slumber party to host answers on a ouija board and the answer was yes all the time so he got pissed and made the board float and scare the girls. So Satan scolded him and out him on magic 8 ball duty.

I looked at my clock to find it was 1:54am on a Friday. I was so bored. See the other day after my detention with Eddie on Wednesday I was on a natural high. I knew we were only friends and I'll have to ask him about the kiss later but until then I'm enjoying it. I figured I'd ask him Thursday but we barley talked all day. he seemed a bit distant or trying to think really hard on something. And as Friday passed Eddie didn't talk to anyone still seeming distant and distracted.

I slipped on a a giant hoodie from the boy's section at Hot Topic I bought a while back as the nippy October air blew from my window slightly open. I didn't want to shut the damn thing because then my room would be to hot. As I zipped it up and shit the TV off I made the radio remote turn on the once cranked radio, now slightly softer yet still 'blaring' to her mother's words a couple weeks ago said to her. Sighing I laid down in my bed and grabbed my New Moon book from my side table. Flipping it to the last chapter I couldn't wait to see what became of Edward, Bella and Jacob.

15 minuets later I was pissed. Crap, that ending was crap. Jacob that selfish wolf...and her dad! Uhg. All I have to say is that Eclipse better be out soon. I sighed rubbing my temples. Although it was just a book I was angry and at nearly 2:30 am! I couldn't get to sleep now. A familiar beep met my ears as I looked at my vibrating phone. Grabbing the phone I scanned the text that someone had sent.

Thnx 4 getn me in trble w/ April. Meet Ed n I in 5 mins.

Uhg, Anthony needed to text better. I barley understood anything that said. I slipped on some socks and brushed my hair. Flipping the light off I went down to my living room only to be shocked as he.ll to find Eddie and Anthony on my couch!

"Cute P.J.'s." Eddie grinned.

I blushed and glared at the two boys making themselves comfy on my couch. Seriously I felt uncomfortable wearing just my P.J.'s I was gonna go to the laundry room to get pants but seeing as they're hear it'd be a waste. So I walked down to meet them in black short shorts, long black and green striped socks with a black cami with a black and green striped hoodie.

"Anthony...you really need to text better. I couldn't read a thing."

"Eh...I'm tired. Sue me." he yawned.

"Then why are you hear?" I asked.

"Eddie's idea, not mine."

"So, Eddie why are you guys here?" I asked a bit nicer.

"Well, Anthony is here simply for moral support. I was going to ask this tomorrow but I couldn't sleep and I needed to know if you'd think I was a creep or not. So I was wondering if I could p-"

My eyes widened as I hear the key jingle. I grabbed both boys and shoved them up the stairs and they ran so fast to my room as I dashed up right behind them. I heard my mom sigh and moved to the kitchen. I told them to hide because my mom would be coming to check on me. Anthony dived into my bathroom and hid in the shower while Eddie situated himself in the closet. As they got silent I snuggled up in my bed and pretended to sleep while my mom was going up the stairs. She opened the door and glanced around a few times then shut it again. I waited 7 minuets for her to get into a light sleep and then jumped out of bed. Anthony and Eddie came out of hiding and flipped my lights on. I sighed and looked at them.

"So besides almost getting me grounded for life what else did you need?" I asked glaring.

"Uhm...Rory...eh...I was wondering if..." Eddie paused.

"Aww hell just ask her already!" Anthony groaned.

"Well we've been friends for a long time and I wanted to ask you this like five years ago but I figured you were still to young." Eddie rushed.

What was he asking me? To young? Why would I be to young, to young for what?

"But now I realize that I don't want a repeat of camp and you leaving without me saying something....but now. I know I can do it and you could handle it." Eddie smiled.

I was utterly speechless. My mind was buzzing with all the stuff that he could want to be asking me. My throat went dry as he grabbed my hands with his and stared at me with those intense liquid eyes of his.

"Rory...could I possibly...paint you?" Eddie whispered.

And just like that my natural high was over. Of course the kiss was just a 'in the heat of the moment' kind of thing. Eddie and I were best friends and nothing more. Eddie wasn't going to confess his undying love for me or to be his girlfriend. I even remember I dreamed of him proposing to me when I was 10. I wanted to scream and cry out of how naive I was being. That's when I heard myself sniffle and I knew I had to answer him and get them out before I let them see me. Surely I couldn't tell them the real reason I was a bit upset.

"W-what? Heh, of course you can paint me Eddie." I smiled with unshed tears so close to spilling.

"Really! Oh thank you so much Rory!" He said and hugged me. My heart pounding.

"Yeah yeah great, can we go now?" Anthony urged.

With a glare from Eddie Anthony shrugged and climbed out my window. Before Eddie fallowed and kissed my cheek. A tingle presented its self after his warm lips left my face. He winked and said he'd call me tomorrow. With that he jumped right out and I heard a soft thud. Hmph, talented as ever. I climbed into bed and let my tears fall. Less than what I expected it was easier to think after a good short cry. I should be happy. So he doesn't love me big deal. We're friends and that was fine for me. Those kisses were enough to last me a lifetime anyway. I smiled at the memory.

I laughed at my own silliness. Crying. ME crying over a BOY. I chuckled again and shut my lamp off. I wanted Eddie to be more to me, I know I did. But I can easily hide it and just be his friend again. I need him and hopefully he still needs me. I never let him know this but right after he left me on the last day of camp I was scared. Scared because of the thought of me being alone. Forever. Shivering I snuggled deeper into my bed. Thinking of Eddie I slept a peaceful sleep I haven't been able to have for years. Not one bad thing happened in my dreams.
---------------------------------Eddie's P.O.V.-------------------------------------------------

Patting Anthony's back as he made the short trudge home I sneaked back through my window. I smiled at the thought of actually being able to paint my life's obsession. Rory. I thought back as too how her eyes her a bit moist. From happiness I hope. I think I actually floated to my bed. How corny does that sound? I buried myself in my bed and smiled into my pillows. I suppose I felt a bit bad about avoiding her for two days. And after that...*smirk* Well, it was the best kiss I've ever had. Her lips her soft like flower petals yet tasted like...strawberry? Ahh either way I'd remember it for ever. I slipped off my shirt and through it to the floor and twisted around so I was facing the ceiling.

I knew that ever since I was a little boy and Rory had first spoken to me that she was different. And now she's mine, well not MINE but my friend again. Maybe sooner more and soon after that much more. I smiled at the thought of actually being able to kiss Rory when ever I wanted to. She made me feel safe and that no one could knock me down. The girls may like me but guys certainly found it gut splitting to abuse me in anyway. I wasn't a pansy or anything but i never was one for full on fist fighting. Rory could protect me though. Something tells me that you wouldn't want to be punched by that girl. And in return I could make her the happiest person in the world. She's have noting to fear or worry about. I seriously think I'd do what ever she says. I'm like an invisible thread wrapped around her finger. And maybe if I get enough courage I can ask her out sometime. On the bright side I get free 'dates' for saying we need to catch up on old times. That way we'd be together and she wont feel uncomfortable.

Hah, what am I saying? I can understand why Rory wouldn't even want to be with me in anyway. I am a sissy painter that hopes he'll be protected by his FEMALE best friend. Pathetic. I smiled sickly to myself. Rory was going to grow up and marry a great guy and have a perfect content life. With a solid house. Not some apartment a rundown painter can barley afford. And knowing she's happy is enough for me. After all who's to say that I wont get over my silly obsession. Not that she was silly but obsessing over a girl was silly. Of course I know this thought was absolutely ridiculous. I could NEVER get over Rory. I sighed, there is more to this I know. And I do really know. I don't have a silly high school crush that could lead to a 8 month romance. Rory had captivated me and now I was slightly determined to tell her how I feel. Of course I had to tell her at the right time so she wont get freaked out.

My musings got more and more detailed as I drifted to a light sleep. My brain finally quieted down and I fell completely, oblivious to the world. My slumber only got better as I dreamed of Rory in a white dress. Some man I am. Haha...ha

-------------------------------------- 3rd person P.O.V.---------------------------------------

A groggy boy and girl got up the next morning. The girl sleepily stalked to the warm shower calling her while the boy had to quiet his grumbling tummy. Both rushed through their morning activities. By 11:30 both waited by the phone for a certain call. The boy to make that call and the girl wanting to be the one to answer right away. Both secretly wanting to be with each other and not alone. Parents gone from both houses, working unto the late night. What's gonna happen?

It's just like him
To wander off in the evergreen park
Slowly searching for any sign
Of the ones he used to love..

He says he's got nothing left to live for
(He says he's got nothing left...)
And this time I think you'll know.


The boy, Eddie picked up the silver phone and dialed a number he'd recently remembered.

You're not alone
There is more to this, I know
You can make it out
You will live to tell


Riiiing....Riiiiiing....Riiiiiing....Hello?

She's just like him
Spoiled rotten
Confused by the lies she's been fed
And she's searching for no one..
(But herself)
Her eyes turn to green and she seems to be happy
That she is here
And this time I think you'll know...


The girl, Rory hesitated to answer the phone. She knew she was being silly. Why be shy now all of a sudden? "He's here with me again and we should be making the most out of it." she breathed.

You're not alone
There is more to this, I know
You can make it out
You will live to tell

You're not alone
There is more to this, I know
You can make it out


"Rory, hey! Good morning afternoon thing. So I was wondering if you wanted to meet me at my house in 15 minuets? I want to take you somewhere."

(There is more to know)

We're not alone
There is more to this, I know
You can make it out
You will live to tell..
(So tell me)


"S-Sure! But, uh, where we going? I don't need to be dressed up right?"

You're not alone
There is more to this, I know
You can make it out
(Make it out)
You will live to tell
(Live to tell)
You're not alone
There is more to this, I know
(And I know)
You can make it out
You will live to tell..


"I wouldn't care if you came in a potato sack. Just make sure you get here...soon. We really do need to catch up on old times."

You are not alone.
You're not, you're not alone.


With that the girl smiled brightly and as the boy smiled a 'goodbye, see you soon' he hung up and found everything he'd need. Catching up with his dear friend had to be fun and normal. Casual like where they left off. The girl rushed around the room yanking her P.J.'s and pulling on some decent clothing. She was just going to be with Eddie so she didn't need of feel that she needed to impress him. She wanted it to be casual and friendly just like where they left off.

Of course the boy and girl had to be honest with their hearts. Deep down they both knew that they had no clue where they left off at. A kiss. As a friendly gesture or more? Neither knew. They acted on that instinct when they were young teens. Now they were both confused. Only the two can sort out these feelings if ever given a chance. Because a pair of stone cold eyes fallowing the girl might ruin that slim chance. An arrogant smirk scoffed when the girl and boy met up. Lacing their fingers together off they went. Those eyes didn't know where they were heading, but soon he would.

And with that the boy and girl both got lost in the evergreen park. Chatting up the times they've mist from one another. Light, friendly, and casual. Both knew the real feelings they had for each other, even if one another didn't.
♠ ♠ ♠
thoughts?
comments?
criticism?
//KillJayme\\