Status: Complete

Mistaken Love

A true blue day

Image

Rounding the forth block that lead to the park, Eddie sighed as if he was thinking really really hard. I saw the top of a red slide that twisted, well I couldn't tell how far it went down but I could see the top and that is all that mattered. I knew after one more block we'd be there. Perhaps then Eddie would tell me what was on his mind. His laced fingers grew a bit tighter around mine nearing the fence that lead to the titer totters. I started to scuff my shoes as he stood there a bit, almost as if he was debating weather or not we should go in or head back to his house. He glanced down at me and gave a half smile and opened the gate. Tugging on my shirt lightly he lead me to the swings.

I flipped a swing back over and st on it pumping very lightly. Enough to move but still stay at eye level with Eddie. He got behind me and put his hands on the sides of the seat. Gripping the chains tighter, I felt him pull the swing toward him and then pushes it forward away from him. This motion went on for a while until Eddie grabbed on once more and as he pushed the swing away he ran out from under me. The underdog I received sent me soaring to the sky! Perfect white puffy clouds moving lightly in the clear blue sky. Hard to find for it being October. As i slowed down to a stop with my feet I saw Eddie smiling very wide and laughing. I guess I shouldn't of shrieked but hey...it surprised me.

"Sorry, did I make you go to high?" Eddie asked.

"No, haha, I haven't done that in forever though." I laughed.

"Remember at camp? I'd always do that." He smiled.

"Hehe yeah, and remember once that Tori was like, 'HEY! Knock it off, she might fall?' and you kept pushing me higher and higher?" I rambled.

"And you slipped off anyway. Haha." Eddie grinned.

"But you were there to break my fall. Sorry about that by the way." I shrugged.

Eddie use to everything for me at camp. Not in that servant way but he'd help me out allot. I glanced at him and saw his dark chocolate brown hair being blown in a light breeze. His Hazel eye's sparkled. When he looked at me I found myself blushing. And when he asked why, I lied.

"Why do you want to paint me?"

"Uh..I...It's juts always been a dream of mine." He blushed.

"Me though? Why not paint someone prettier?" I asked, seriously curious.

"Rory...YOU are pretty. No, more like beautiful!" He exclaimed.

"Eddie, your exaggerating again." I sighed.

"Why can't you ever except that you're pretty!" He glared.

"Well...I don't look terrible but, pretty is going a little to far." I shrugged.

"Pretty doesn't do you justice enough..." He grumbled incoherently.

"Hm?"
"Nothing...nothing at all." Eddie sighed.

I got up and smiled. Yanking Eddie's hand we ran through the park, sliding, titer tottering, monkey bars, those glide things. Even those one thing where you spin on them. It was a great day just being outside and being with Eddie was even better! Around 5:00 the sky began to loose the radiant blue color it once held. I was looking at the sun going down and when I turned back Eddie was right in front of me. Our noses were touching and I could smell him, what he used...I liked it.

"You changed your spray..." Eddie whispered.

"W-what?" I gulped.

"You don't smell like that Japanese Cherry Blossom stuff today."

"It's this new stuff I got. Heavenly Angel I think." I said trying to keep my voice from not quivering.

"It's smells really good..." Eddie said that last part with his eyes closed.

Before the kiss could happen something registered and I stepped back. Eddie looked at me confused. I shook my head and began to walk out of the park. He can't do that. Kisses me whenever he pleases...it doesn't work like that. Besides FRIENDS shouldn't kiss like THAT anyways. And just because I have a little crush, get sparks where ever he touches me, and when we do kiss I maybe get electric butterflies in my stomach but because we are only friends I can't let those feeling rule me. Eddie grabbed my wrist and I turned my head to see him frowning. He looked like a little boy who lost his ice cream because it fell on the ground, yet confused. He brought me back to him and hugged me. See, now hugs I can handle. The warmth he posses is extraordinary pleasant. Hi head was as usual resting on my head and my face was buried in his chest. Eddie kissed the top of my head and nuzzled my hair.

"Rory...it may be to soon for me to say this but. I lo-"

I wanna get out when every thing's alright
can't you see I'm a wreck gonna crash and burn
I wanna get out I've done my time
if you fuck with me I might blow your mind, yeah.
I felt my jeans pocket ring.

"Hello? Oh hey Steph. No, I'm with Eddie. Yeah the park. Well where is he then? Steph shh it's OK, it's alright! Eddie and I will help you guys look for him ok. Alright hon, bye."

"What's wrong with Steph?" Eddie asked.

"Jake...Jake's gone. They can't find him anywhere! His mom brought home this guy last night and apparently he hits his mom. All we know is that soon after he stormed out of the house." I rushed out.

"Fuck...I think I may know where he is. C'mon!"

Eddie grabbed me and we ran along the out skirts of the park near a little tree bundled place. We walked for 45 minuets and finally we heard sobbing. Moving quieter and advancing we pressed our heads out a bush. There we saw Jake with his face in his hands and his shoulders shaking. We heard sobs and cursing. Eddie tried moving but snapped a twig and Jake's head whipped up. A huge red mark ran across the right side of his face, it was even bleeding a little. I ran out of the bush and Jake stood tall now and stared at Eddie and I. I guess I was expecting him to run off but instead he stepped closer to us and finally lunged himself at us.

He enveloped Eddie in hug and began to cry a bit harder. Eddie held his friends shoulders trying to comfort him. I tapped Eddie on the arm and motioned for him to call everyone. Eddie gave Jake to me while he dialed the number. I held him to where his arms were around my middle and I held his back rubbing it up and down softly while the other hand was stroking his hair. 10 minuets later Steph shouted Jake and he weekly lifted his head from my shoulder. Looking at the mark now I saw it was a hand print, and the little cut must of been from a ring. Jake stood up from me and ran full force at Steph, almost knocking her over. He brought his lips crashing on hers, still crying. I glanced at Eddie and he came to stand where I was. Finally April and Anthony arrived and after 30 minuets of Jake trying to calm down he finally spoke up.

"I'm sorry you all had to see that." Jake said.

"Don't be...just...well are you ok?" Eddie asked.

"No. See after my mom brought that man home and he hit her a couple times, I tried being the good son and defend her. But I only got a slap in the face from her shouting at me to get out of her life and let her be happy. I know she was drunk but it still hurt." Jake sighed.

"Oh Jake!" Steph cried wrapping her arms around him.

"What are you gonna do?" April asked.

"I have no idea." Jake looked crestfallen.

"You can sleep at my house tonight. I'm sure my mom is gonna have a talk with her sister." Anthony demanded more than suggested.

"Yeah...Auntie gets pretty scary when she's mad huh. Thanks Anthony." Jake laughed a bit.

"Jake...I think I'm gonna make dinner tonight for everyone. How does chicken fettuccine with meatballs sound?" April smiled.

"That would be amazing April..thanks. Oh and Rory...thanks for letting me cry on your shoulder." Jake nodded toward me.

"It's ok...it was really no big deal. I did it for my mom when my dad died." I blushed.

"Well then it's settled. Off to Anthony's house." April marched.

April and Steph were going to get the food shopped for and Jake headed straight to Anthony's house with him. Eddie and I had to go back and tell our parents. As we all went different ways something in the wind changed. I felt tired and leaned on Eddie for support. He wrapped an arm around my waist and helped me home. We went to my house first, since my mom wasn't home I left her a note. As we went to Eddie's home a loud crash could be heard. Eddie ran up to his door and yanked it open. I head him shout duck but I guess it didn't register because a vase just got chucked at my stomach. I groaned and set the vase down without it breaking. We walked in and saw the living room a mess. Someone was bent over in a dewar grumbling.

"Dad! Dad, whoa chill. Calm down." Eddie shouted.

"QUIET BOY! Unless you know where my...well hello." Eddie's dad stopped mid sentence when he looked at me.

"Ermm...hi Mr. James." I said with a small smile.

"Eddie, who's this son?"

"That's Rory. She's the new neighbors daughter. We were gonna go over to Anthony's so we'll be out of your hair." Eddie said looking down.

"I see...you go and have fun. It was nice seeing you Rory...perhaps we will meet again." Mr. James said with an evil glint in his eyes.

As we walked out of there I took a huge gulp of air. His dad was freaky. Eddie nudged me forward and we walked to a nice cream colored house with pale gray trim. Eddie opened the door and we were met with a scent so warm and delicious it made my mouth water from right here. If this is how April's cooking smelt than I couldn't wait to taste it.

We were ushered in by a semi plump woman with pretty pale blue eyes and died light blond hair. She hugged Eddie and me then led us to her sons room. Jake and Anthony were playing Super Smash Bros. Melee. My eyes must of lit up because Eddie smirked at me and said that I can play winner. So we had Anthony with a pink Yoshi that just got blown away by a Togepi, and Jake who was a Red Marth that did his victory pose. Yoshi came back and they began to fight. Anthony pressed a button where Yoshi ate Marth and spit him out as an egg.

By the time ran out, Jake was the victorious one. As I sat where Antony once was him and Eddie proceeded to tell me that Jake was unbeatable. I grinned and picked Roy. As I changed his clothes to blue Jake had selected Link. I got to pick the stage and I chose this place with a giant turtle. As soon as the announcer said fight. We were off. We ran at each other with swords clashing. I ducked and pressed B sending a sword blow at him and as he came back I dived and stabbed at him too. That sent him flying into the screen. I did the taunt with Roy kneeling and thrusting his sword out as Link came back. Slashing at him was getting boring so I pressed Z and grabbed him. With a flip and a fiery slash Link flew off the edge. As the fight ended it showed Roy as the winner and Jake had his jaw dropped. I smiled and saw Anthony and Eddie were amazed too.

"Anyone else want to try?" I giggled.

"I'll take you on." Eddie smirked.

This time around I chose Pikachu with Ash's hat on and Eddie clicked Mewtwo making him blue. I laughed as he put us in Pokemon Stadium. That battle was pretty rough. With Mewtwo's psychic attacks and my electric we blew each other off the screen so many times. By the end of the time it turned into a sudden death round. As Eddie charged up a shadow ball I charged my pika bolt and when mine hit him first he FLEW! I won and laughed at Eddie's mortified expression. Just as I was about to challenge Jake again Steph called up that dinner was ready.

When everyone sat at the table a huge plate of food was set in front of everyone and I thought I saw myself drool. Everything smelled delicious. I couldn't wait to shove it down my throat! As soon as April cam in and sat down she said we could eat. Everyone ate like monsters! It was so freaking good! The chicken was cooked with lemon and that only added to the moist inside and the crunchy golden outside coat. The meatballs were perfectly round and soft. It's like they melted in your mouth. Ah and the noodles were buttery and cooked to perfection. While everyone else finished I was finishing up my third plate. April laughed and said that she only thought Anthony had a never ending tummy while Steph whispered to Jake where I keep it all and Jake was laughing. Anthony pouted because he only had two plates. Eddie sorta had an amused expression. It was between a smirk and hiding a laugh. After I was done I drank the last of my lemonade and turned to April.

"April, you are now my personal chef. I think I'm in love." I laughed.

"Well, I'm sure you'd appreciate my cooking more than Anthony so sure." April winked.

"What! That is not true. April hon, you know I love you more!" Anthony wined.

We all laughed and I explained to him that I was only kidding. Everyone had to leave at 8:00 and so as the clock chimed we all headed out the door. Steph kissed Jake goodbye and April did the same to Anthony. We all headed in different directions except Eddie and I. On our walk home I looked to the sky and saw that it was still blue. A nice dark night sky blue that seemed peaceful with a crescent moon and millions of stars. When Eddie walked me to my door I asked if he wanted to come in for a while until my mom showed up. He nodded as I unlocked the door. Upon walking in I saw a light on in the kitchen and when Eddie and I walked in I saw my mom at the table eating some cereal. My mom smiled at me and I smiled back, surprised that she was home for once.

"Hey honey, who's you're friend?" my mom asked.

"This is Eddie mom."

"Hi Ms. Ska." Eddie smiled pleasantly.

"Please Eddie call me Dawn."

"Well mom Eddie and I will be in my room. So-"

"Hon I'm going back to work in 5 minuets so it's alright."

With that she got up and gave me a big hug. Grabbing her keys she walked out the door and started the car. After she pulled away I asked Eddie what he wanted to do. He shrugged and I laughed. We decided that watching a movie would be good. I told him he could chose as I went to get my green P.J.'s. When the title screen popped up I laughed. My dear Eddie wanted us to watch Edward Scissorhands. When the movie got started I rested my head on his chest. By the time that Edward was making it snow for the first time I fell asleep. The sound of people panicking because of Edward and Eddie's soothing heartbeat lulled me off into a nice deep sleep.

-------------------------------------------EDDIE'S P.O.V---------------------------------------

When Edward kissed that girl I looked down at Rory. Seeing her asleep resting on me made my heart leap. See at the park I was going to say I loved her but...I guess when we got interrupted it was a sign that told me not to say it yet. She moved her head a bit closer to me and I could smell her perfectly now. I always thought her Cherry Blossom spray made her smell delicious but this new stuff she had...it was just intoxicating. I couldn't get enough. I remember what almost happened to us at the park because I was so hypnotized by her scent I had no idea what I was doing. She pulled away though, so I think she knows that best friends don't kiss like that.

I am going to tell Rory one day. One day she'll know that no matter what she does I'll always love her. But until then I hope we can have as many of these true blue days where it's calm. Just two friends hanging out. Even though while we hang out my heart pounds against my chest that at how close she is to me. That I can only imagine about taking her and kissing her for everyone to know that fate was kind to me and brought Rory back to me. I'd even like to believe that it's our destiny to be with each other ...but alas I am thankful enough to be her best friend. To of known her when no one else did. As I lay on the couch next to her I can't help but think that I'm in the eye of the storm, on a beautiful blue day. With that thought and the ending credits rolling I fall asleep smiling again, dreaming of Rory.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?
Comments?
Criticism?
//KillJayme\\