Status: Complete

Mistaken Love

Laughter in the October air

Image

Tick...tock...tick...tock...that's all that stupid clock has been doing all 30 minuets. And something tells me it's gonna be like that for the next 15 minuets too. I glanced at April who was scribbling down our French homework. Lately it seems like April and I are the best of friends. Yet she's been sad. I think Anthony said something again. He always seems to make her angry. It isn't my business but I hope that everything turns out OK for them. The weird thing is that Jake and Steph have been a little rocky too. Love...bleh.

I was watching Mrs. Ranolt pace around the room smiling and making sure we all understood what she was teaching us. Changing verbs...but I can't think of the word right now. OH WAIT! It's called conjugate, conjugate the verbs. I feel so smart for remembering. Luckily it was an ER verb and it was pretty easy to memorize this one.

Rappeler - To call back; to recall, remember. Je-rappelle, Tu-rappelles, Il/Elle-rappelle, Nous-rappelons, Vous-rappelez, Ils/Elles-rappellent. Pretty easy stuff once you get the hang of it. I was already more than halfway done with my work. So as Mrs. Ranolt came and glanced at me staring off to space she cleared her throat and smiled down at me.

"Est-ce que quelque chose est erronée?" Mrs. Ranolt asked me.

"No not really...just spacing off again, sorry." I laughed at her amused expression.

"Fille idiote. Arrêter le jour rêvant et revenir à finir le travail." she smiled.

"Well, jeez, fine! maybe I will. Haha." I stuck my tongue out at her.

"Meilleur faire attention, ou je découperai cette chose." she smirked at me.

"Damn, Mrs. R, a bit violent aren't you." I laughed as she rolled her eyes and walked away.

April squealed as she saw that she was finally done and without her knowledge I began to copy. I was feeling really lazy right now. And it's not like I didn't know this stuff. So it really couldn't hurt. As soon as I was done I saw that 10 minuets were still left of the class. April and I started to talk about music and the concert coming up in November. Avenged Sevenfold and Good Charlotte. It was going to be amazing. Plus the tickets were only 20$ tops!

As April was talking about how she wants to screw Billy Martin 's brain out the beep of the warning bell rang. I started to gather my notebook and French book handing my assignment to Mrs. Ranolt. April sighed dramatically and grinned as she knew I was itching to go to English. She has this crazy idea that Eddie and I will go out soon and I am having trouble making her believe we're only really really close friends. She even thinks that I should ask him out on a date or something. Eh...silly girl.

"All I'm saying is that you guys get a second chance! Why not take the best chance and risk a date?" April laughed.

"Because April. I've read in many books that things like this happen and usually it doesn't work out. In fact along the way a new boy will try to take the girl away from the crush and he'll get jealous and do something stupid. But no. I'm playing it safe to where we can be friends." I explained for the umpteenth time.

With a sigh from April and a shrill ring from the bell we walked out linking arms. I thought about asking her about Anthony and her situation but I figured it could wait. When we arrived at our lockers April began to do that thing I hate. She wrinkled her for head and turned her face from side to side. Pinching bits of skin and running her fingers down her nose. I grabbed my books and glared at the girl before me. She looked over at me and smiled a sorry. Scoffing I stepped in front of her locker mirror. I really didn't understand why she always frowned at her face. April was probably one of the gorgeous girls I'd ever met! Yet she always called me beautiful...right. Like I said...I think I can be cute if I try.

"Rory don't be mad. I can't help it. What if Anthony doesn't think I'm pretty enough now and that's why we've been fighting?"

"First off, you should care what he thinks, and second you're the prettiest girl I know!"

"Rory dear...have you looked in a mirror?"

"April come on! guys give you looks all the time. I only get a lustful stare from Seb. Lucky me?"

I laughed as April punched my arm playfully. She knew I won. Before I could go to English though a white and black striped arm wrapped itself around my tummy. I looked back to meet a smiling Eddie. His new hoodie was on and it looked amazing on him, but then again what couldn't look great on Eddie? Laughing with him I saw he was very anxious.

I think everyone was. Today was October 30th and we all planned that we'd start trick-or-treating at 7:00 and end it at 10:00 just in time to go to the schools costume party. Personally I only wanted the candy. Tonight Jake was going to a party with Steph...his new senior friends invited him and Steph never really liked them. April had to finish the touches on her costume and I think Anthony was on his last night of being grounded. My plans were sitting at home watching cartoons. Well that's what I thought they were gonna be. I waved goodbye to April and walked with Eddie to English. Stepping through the door I walked with him to the back of the room. There we started chatting about what I did in French. I told him my favorite phrase. And I laughed as he butchered saying it.

"Eddie, Eddie, Eddie. it's Je-vous-drai,-un-bon bon-sil-vou-plait. Get it?" I laughed.

"Uhmm no. Can't I just say gimme a piece of candy please? That's so much easier." he smiled.

"Eddie...haha you're hopeless."

"Well, besides my bad French skills what's new?"

"Being bored until tomorrow." I sighed.

"Aww no plans?" he frowned

"Nope. None."

"Wanna come over to my house? We can sit in the basement and watch movies." Eddie smiled.

"Sure, that sounds like fun."

Our conversation was stopped by Ms. Sharron laughing loudly at her E-mail. She then went into a full detail story about her brother Mikey. I'll admit it was freaking funny. A 32 year old man jumping for joy that their niece wants her birthday party at the Pizza Machine. So he's psyched. I giggled at Eddie who was clutching his sides. Maybe not all teachers lead a boring life. When everyone went back to reading Eddie grabbed my wrist and shoved a note in my hand. As I began to open it someone snatched the note right from under me. Ms. Sharron glared and coughed. When she began to read it I watched as she laughed a little. And the...she started to read it out loud...

"So Rory, first off I know how much you wanted to trick-or-treat but we might have to stop a little earlier for Jake's sake. You know how 'cool' he thinks he is now. OH and Anthony told me to tell you to tell April that he's sorry for what ever he did this time and that he's a dick! Haha. Write back deary. Eddie. P.S- What movies do you want to watch tonight?"

"Uhm...I-I'm really sorry?" I gulped.

"No notes Mr. James. Miss. Ska, you better pass that message on to Anthony."

With five minuets to go I went back to reading and saw that Eddie was smiling. I glared at him and he mouthed sorry to me. I'll get him later. And when the shrill ring went off I sprang out of my seat with Eddie on my heals. Arriving at the lockers I snatched my hoodie and homework. When I walked outside with Eddie I wished I would of brought a better coat. I guess Eddie saw me shiver cos he gave me a nice warm hug. Too bad Steph and Anthony had to ruin it. Steph came out and began the 'Awwwww' while Anthony pated Eddie on the back. I hoped my glare was burning them. April came running out shouting that she was free! I laughed and saw her give Anthony a peck on the cheek. That's when I saw the little plush frog under her arm.

April loves frogs and the color green. If you mention eating frogs or dissecting them she'll freak out and like...eat you. No joke. So I guess Anthony did something right for once. I wish I could say the same for Jake because right now he's walking out of school with his new buddies. *sigh* Eddie needs new friends, I laughed. I know it's really mean. I saw Steph look away and chatted to April about something. So I unwrapped myself from Eddie and walked over to Jake. His back as facing me so I tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around laughing but when he saw me he stopped. His actually looked mad that I'm trying to talk to him. I glanced behind him and saw his lame friends. Some giving me a glare and some looking me up and down.

"Uhh hey Jake. I was wondering..if..." I paused as some of his friend started to snicker.
"Yes Rory...what is it?" He groaned.

"Okay! First off, your friends are jerks! Why the hell are they laughing? Second, I'm sorry we're not good enough for you now. But you have a GIRLFRIEND and she would kinda like to be with you." I hissed.

"Rory, chill out. I'm hanging with Steph later. So go on I'll be there in a minuet." Jake fake smiled.

I began to walk away when I heard on of Jake's friend whisper 'god she's annoying' when I wasn't even 3 feet away. So I whipped my head around and glared. Walking right back up to the guy that spoke I punched him. It was only in the jaw but It made him stumble. And I felt a lot better. When he got back up he was going to take a swing. I welcomed it, I could feel the sting of in my face. In the back of my mind I never saw the actual hit. My brain wanted me to think that Jake was going to step in and stop his friend but judging by the way Eddie was pounding on the guy who punched me...I just got punched in the face. So coming out of my daze I saw my head on April's lap and Anthony pulling Eddie away from the guy. Steph was yelling. I don't know at who or what but she was yelling. Curses flying out of her mouth. I didn't find Jake so I let my head fall back again.

After the whole fiasco and getting Eddie to calm down and me to stand up everyone got into Anthony's new car and he dove us home. Seeing as how Jake's car was gone. Everyone seemed sad or mad. So when Anthony dropped Eddie and I off his house I purposely fell over my own feet to make all of them laugh. After Eddie helped me up still chuckling we went inside to find that, what yes, it's true! NO ONE WAS HOME! I put my shoes near the door and carried my backpack down the stairs. I dropped it by the entrance in pure shock. A huge screen TV was set up in the wall with a DVD and VHS player on both sides. The carpet was a a soft mesh of white and cream while the walls were a soft brown. In the middle of the room was a huge black leather couch. I sat down and shivered at how cold it as down here. To my amazement I looked in the corner and saw that there was a fire place. Eddie lit it and grabbed a movie.

"Want anything to drink?"

"Uhm..what ever you have."

"I'll make some popcorn too."

"Yumm, food! I'll wait here." I laughed.

"There's blankets in that closet if you get cold." Eddie smirked.

"Oh..hehe thanks."

As Eddie walked back upstairs I quietly got off the couch to grab a blanket. I found a nice fleece one big enough for 3 people. It was black with red stars all over it. I tried to see what movie he put in but I was way too lazy. When Eddie came back down with a whiff of wonderful popcorn it was 5:00pm. I was ready to do this! Movie marathon bring it on!

----------------------------------------Eddie's P.O.V.------------------------------------------

When I sat the pop and popcorn down on the table and flip the TV on Kill Hannah was on TV talking with Steve. I forgot I was watching Fuse. I was about to click over to turn the DVD on when Rory shouted at me to wait. I never knew she liked Kill Hannah this much. I listened to what they were saying. Some sort of joke that made Jon laugh. All of sudden Mat grabbed the camera's attention and smiled. Rory looked like she was going to faint at the news he spilled from his mouth.

"Ok, ok. Look you know how we're having a free concert in Chicago for the fans-Jon shut up. Haha fine NOW they know. Anyway some of that footage is going to filmed for our new video Crazy Angel. So if you dress up as an angel you might get to come on stage with us." Mat said.

"AHHH NO NO NO! WHY CHICAGO!!!" Rory cried.

I couldn't help laugh at her crestfallen face. As Steve said by to Kill Hannah I turned the DVD player on and saw that Rory was still staring at the floor. I suppose Chicago wasn't that far...when did they say it was. November 24th...hmmm.

"Rory....you know I have a car right?" I asked

"Sure Eddie rub it in my face..." she sighed

"Rory...I'm saying I'd be happy to drive you down to Chicago." I smiled

"WHAT! REALLY!?"

"Yeah it's no pr-" I was suddenly knocked over by Rory's tackle like hug.

"EDDIE OH MY FREAKING GOD, I LOVE YOU!" she smiled at me while we were both on the floor.

As I put the movie in and sat back down Rory scooted closer to me. I laughed as she hid her face in the blanket. The menu screen popped up and I pressed play. Amity ville Horror. As the based on a true story showed up I saw Rory give me a glare and scoot closer. I put my arm around her shoulders and she pressed her head against my chest as the gun shots kept going off. As the movie progressed she let out little shrieks and jumped a bit. But when the little boy walked into the bathroom and I heard the creepy music Rory pressed herself closer and closer. Then BAM! the bloody face popped up and she jumped into my lap and buried her head against my neck. I laughed and rubbed her back.

"Oh sure! Laugh at how terrified I am!" She said shaking.

"Sorry..but I think it's funny. Remember it's only a movie. Besides, do you honestly believe that I'd let something as small as a bloody face hurt you?" I smiled.

"I guess not...but I am NOT moving."

I laughed and let her get comfortable. She jumped at some parts and cried a bit when the dog died. By the time the movie was over she was shaking really bad. I knew we had better watch a movie that'll make her forget. It was 6:53 when I tried to get up. But she wouldn't let me so I carried her with me to grab another movie. I saw her eye Aladdin and I slipped it in. She got bright eyed and hugged me again. on our way over to the couch I stuffed some popcorn in my mouth and watched as Rory bounced with excitement. By 7:46 we got to the part where Aladdin was going to take Jasmine on the magic carpet. I noticed that Rory's head was on my shoulder when she began to hum along to the words. The softness of her hair and the small voice really made my eyelids heavy. I didn't want her to stop but I might fall asleep if she keeps it up. When the song ended I was half asleep.

"Heh, sorry Eddie I just- Eddie?" she asked me.

"Hmwha issit?" I tried to speak.

"Haha you sound drunk. Are you tired?"

"You..you put me to sleep..."

"Awww sorry! Wait what? My humming did?" she sounded amazed.

"Yeah. It was *yaaaaaaaawn* nice." I smiled lightly.

We watched the rest of the movie and when it ended I was startled when a stomach growled. Looking at a blushing Rory I guessed it was dinner time. Taking her up stairs we made 4 hot pockets and to top it off I was going to make us Milkshakes. Rory took the food to the table and I got the blender out.

We scooped huge amounts of ice cream in it and milk. I crushed up some ice and slipped it in too. Rory adding a pinch of sugar to it as well. Before I blended it Rory slipped away to wash her hands. I laughed and pressed the nice round button. I let out a yell when I forgot to put the lid on. Milkshake went EVERYWHERE! I looked around the kitchen and myself as ice cream and milk splattered everywhere. All of a sudden I heard a musical laughter fill my ears. Damn it. Rory was laughing hysterically at me and trying not to fall down. She walked into the kitchen looking around still chuckling. I glared as she came close to me. Of course I easily forgot why after she licked my cheek.

"Wow...that tastes really yummy." She smiled.

"I guess MY milkshakes bring everyone to the yard." I laughed.

Rory let out another roar of laughter and helped me clean up. I asked her to wait while I took a shower. When I stepped in and closed the door behind me I tugged my shirt off. Looking at myself in the mirror I laughed. My hair was matted and sticky and my face was dripping shake substance. I undid my belt and yanked my pants off. Turning on the shower and letting the water warm I pulled me boxers down and stepped inside.

The warm water felt really good. I never noticed how cold the basement was because Rory was always so close. I scrubbed my body and shampooed my hair with some coconut mango stuff. The conditioner was the same stuff and made my hair feel smoother. Turning off the shower I pulled a blue towel around my waist. Shit! I swore. I never grabbed any clothing. I figured Rory wouldn't see me so I stepped out and headed to my room. I got in and grabbed a fresh pair of boxers and some pin stripped P.J. pants. I walked out toward Rory again towel drying my hair. She turned around and smiled at while handing me a glass...a milkshake. I laughed and headed to the table with her. When we were at the table and started to eat Rory kept staring at me. I was about to ask why when I noticed that I didn't out a shirt on.

"Pervert." I whispered.

"WHAT!" she shrieked.

"I saw you checking me out. I think we're even form a few years ago."

"I wasn't! Oh fine! Yeah I was checking you out. You have amazing abs. Bite me!" Rory humphed.

"Haha alright come here." I laughed.

"Eddie if you come any closer I am gonna kick your ass!" She screamed.

"Is that a threat or a promise?" I smirked.

We ran around the kitchen table back and forth laughing and screaming. Finally I leaped across the table and tackled Rory. She let out a shriek and fell. In the midst of our laughter I noticed the position we had gotten ourselves in. I was on her torso straddling her. One arm as pinned against her leg and the other one I had pinned above her.

Our laughing started to doe down as I stared at her. Rory's cheeks her flushed and her hair was a mess. Not to mention her eyeliner was smeared some what but she still looked beautiful. before I knew what happened, Rory pushed herself up with one hand and placed her lips against mine. It was soft and innocent with hardly any pressure. It lasted for a minuet yet that was the best kiss I ever had.

When she pulled back and laughed it took everything I had not to attack her. I chuckled and helped her up. I held her hand as we walked back down stairs. One step at a time I felt lighter and lighter. For a minuet I thought I could actually float. It was a nice feeling and I hoped it never stopped.
♠ ♠ ♠
thoughts?
comments?
criticism?
//KillJayme\\