Status: Complete

Mistaken Love

Skeleton Jack might catch you in the back

Image

Ow! Damn needle. I can't believe I ripped my costume already. I just bought it. Uhg. I should blame Eddie. If I wasn't in such a rush then I might not of ripped it. See after we went back downstairs we decided to watch Halloween. I hate that movie and yes it still makes me jump. So as I buried my head in his chest and with him laughing eventually I fell asleep. The little music where you know Michale is gonna kill someone didn't help either...I find it kind of soothing. So I fell asleep.

Eddie woke me up at 3:00 in the morning looking frantic. His dad got home from a staff meeting and was a bit drunk. So Eddie told me to hide in his closet. I looked around suddenly and saw that we were in his room and not downstairs. My backpack and shoes were near his bed and he stuffed them under it. I groggily climbed in the closet and kept quiet. All of sudden the door busted open and Eddie made it look like he just came out of his bathroom. He yawned and kept that tired look in his eye even as his father advanced toward him.

"H-hey dad. How as the party?" He asked.

"Donnttake tha tone wiff me." his dad growled.

"Sorry sir...well I'll just get back into bed. You should try to get some rest too." Eddie smiled.

"Don order me around!" his dad slurred and raised his hand.

I clasped my hand over my mouth to hold in my gasp as Eddie's dad slapped him making Eddie's head whirl to the right. His dad humphed as he looked as his son right in the eye. Eddie's jaw clenched tight. When Mr. James left the room I busted out of the closet and knelt over him. Eddie finally touched his stinging cheek and laughed bitterly.

"Are you okay Eddie?" I whispered.

"Hah, yeah I'm fine. Lets get you home now okay?" Eddie smiled.

"...okay. I'll see you at 4:00 to get costumes alright?"

With a nod I grabbed my stuff and left. Climbing up through my window with Eddie watching I made it inside. Looking back at him I blew him a kiss and he made the motion of catching it. He put to his heart and I blushed. He waved and mouth a quiet good night and closed his window. Climbing onto my bed I just laid there. I think it's soon going to be time I kept my promise to Eddie and have that talk with his dad. I closed my eyes and let sleep take me over. Just like that thought the sun was shining and birds were chirping. I opened my eyes and saw it was 11:00 and I knew I had to get up. Crawling to the bathroom and yanking my clothes off I decided a bubble bath was in order. And as I relaxed my phone rang. The ID said it was April so I answered.

"Hey Rory, whatchya doing?"

"Bathing. You?"

"Uhm..I'm on my way to get Anthony. Then we're heading to Eddie's and your place. Remember you guys have to get costumes."

"Yeah I know...well take your time. Haha. Oh hey! What are you being exactly?"

"Hehehe it's a surprise. well I'll be there in 20 minuets so hurry up."

Damn her...I quickly shaved and washed my hair. Stepping out onto the cold tile I looked at my reflection. I smiled and brushed my teeth and walked over to my closet. A black shirt and skirt would do fine for right now. I tugged on some bright orange socks to slip into my black low top Converse. I straightened my hair and applied thick eye liner around my sparkling bluish eyes.

Hearing a honk I knew they were here. I ran out of the house and stopped dead in my tacks as the waving April smiled at me from her lime green car...oh wow. It was bright. I laughed and climbed in next to a smiling Eddie. His hair wasn't groomed today to it hung all over his face. Still, he looked good. I averted my eyes and saw Anthony bouncing. Obviously he couldn't wait to get his costume...I of course had no idea what I was gonna be.

"Uhmm Anthony? What are you being anyway?"

"I'm gonna be ZIM from Invader Zim ya know?" Anthony laughed.

"Haha yeah I know that show. Nice choice. How about you Eddie?"

"I'm keeping it simple. A vampire." he smiled.

"Man I have no clue..." I sighed.

"How about...a skeleton?" April giggled.

"Tch... that's like asking Eddie to change his awesome vampire idea to be a Frankenstein."

"How about an Angel?" Eddie whispered into my ear.

"GREAT IDEA!" I smiled and hugged him.

As I laughed and thought about how I could get a costume for Halloween and Kill Hannah. This was going to be awesome. Killing to birds with one stone. As soon as we arrived Anthony dashed to the door. Eddie took my hand and we walked behind April. When we got in a dead clown greeted us with a hello and I screamed. I hopped behind Eddie shivering and whining for it to go away. I am deathly afraid of clowns. The clown laughed maniacally and walked away. When I couldn't see it anymore I saw April and Eddie trying to hide their laughs. Those jerks. When we met up with Anthony there was only one costume left and it was his size so he snatched it. Next we walked around for a vampire costume. Eddie for Eddie. he already had black dress pants so he only needed a cape, shirt and teeth. Walking around more Eddie realized that he had a black button up shirt at home so he didn't need a shirt either.

Eddie grinned as he found a cape that trailed down and ended right above the floor. It was pure black with that mysterious collar. Picking I up and finding some teeth you put over his canines. The pure whiteness of the teeth should blend in great with his pearly whites. Grinning he lead me to the angel section. We saw cute little kids ones and the sluttiest one imaginable. Like bra and panties with wings...uhg. Of course Eddie joked and said HEY IT'S PERFECT! Pfft. We walked around a bit more and there were really good ones but they weren't me. And then Eddie came up behind me and covered my eyes. As he lead me away and let me see again I saw the most beautiful angel thing ever! I turned around and hugged him squealing like a little girl.

The dress was strapless and came down to my knees flowing out. The bottom of the dress and the top had lace surrounding it and made it look even more elegant. I knew if I put some rips in the dress it would look more my style. It had a sash that tied right around my waist. it was a pretty electric blue color. The ends were frayed and little rips were on it randomly. Instead of buying fake little wings there were feathery white wings sewed into the back already. The hallow was the same electric blue color and all I had to do was set in on my head. I loved it. We grabbed my size and walked over to the shoes. We found pure white flats with electric blue wings near the front. They were perfect. As we all headed to the front to purchase this stuff I passed by white and electric blue striped tights. So of course i grabbed them. When everything was paid for we left for home.

Arriving home I saw that I only had an hour to get ready. Wonderful. So I thanked April and ran into my house. I straightened my hair again and made sure it was super flat and framed my face perfectly. I then slid my eyeliner on and smugged blue and white eye shadow on. I dabbed some sparkles near my eyes and slid clear shiny gloss on. I finished up with swiping mascara on my eyelashes making them even longer and smiled at my reflection. I slid into the dress and saw it fit perfectly. The top hugged my perfectly and flared out beautifully. I was thankful that my mom had bought me that strapless white bra when I told her I'd never wear it. And turning around I fluffed out the wings a bit.

It was almost perfect. I slipped on the tights and flats. I was ready. Except looking myself over again I saw that one of the rips and tears I made with sand paper was too big. So I began sewing it and pricked myself in the thigh where the rip was. My doorbell rang and I grabbed my pillow case and left for downstairs. When I opened the door I heard a chorus of TRICK OR TREAT! Laughing I pulled the door shut and locked it. I turned around and saw Anthony in a red shirt with tiny black stripes. his pants and shoes were coal black and his hair was styled with a little curl. Then I saw that his face was green. I laughed and turned to April. My eyes widened as she was a giant lime green dog. The zipped showed in the front as if on purpose..it was a hug zipper and i could even see the teeth. The hood was off and she was smiling.

"GIR!" I screamed.

She was ZIM's robot dog thing Gir! Wow...it was exactly like an over sized him so she must of worked really hard. I laughed and very slowly turned to Eddie. My jaw dropped I could feel it. Wow. His hair was in his face and he blew the hair out of his eyes and I saw some guy liner on them. His shirt hugged him and I saw that the first 3 buttons were undone. I gulped and looked down at the studded belt looped through the tight pants that showed like everything. and to top it all off he was in his worn black converse. I couldn't stop staring and I knew Eddie saw. He smiled with his fangs showing and took my arm. All four of us went off. To get the yummy candy. Eddie leaned forward a bit and whispered in my ear,

"You look amazingly yummy tonight. I hope this vampire can hold off his hunger." I heard him smirk.

"Well...perhaps this angel might fly away to fast and go back to her little cloud." I humphed.

"Awww but I'll be lonely..." Eddie pouted.

I laughed and took his hand up to the first door. When the elderly couple answered and smiled at us we all recited trick or treat. They gave us our chocolate and were off to another house. This went on for 2 hours and by the time we got the call from Steph to please come to the school's party now we loaded up out bags into April's car. Mine almost spilled over but Eddie said if we all tie them then it'd be fine. Arriving at the school we walked out of the car and up to the entrance.

There we saw Steph with her hair up in a spiral pony tail and a red dress with spiderwebs on it. And under it she wore a long sleeved black shirt with thumb holes and black pants with black flats. Steph smiled and twirled showing us that she was Lydia from Beetlejuice! Which means Jake was here as Bettlejuice. We all walked in and sure enough there was pin striped Jake. We all found him and he came over to us with his head down. Steph grabbed his hand and smiled at him.

"C'mon Jake...tell them what you told me." Stephanie smiled.

"Look...Rory...I'm really sorry. I should of stopped Eric. And I didn't cos well..." he paused and gulped.

"Look Jake. It's okay. I'm fine now. I understand you wanted to be cool in front of your friends." I smiled.

"No I-" I really didn't want to hear some lame apology. So I grabbed April and laughed as I pulled her to the dance floor.

I really couldn't dance so I just kinda moved my feet and me and her kinda swung each other. Stephanie came over and we all held hands and did a ring around the rosy type moves. Laughing and falling it was all a good time. Then a slow song came on. Vulnerable by Secondhand Serenade I believe. Anthony came up behind April and dragged her off. Jake smiled at Steph and she went off with him. I looked around and decided to get out of the crowed. But before I could move someone grabbed my hand. I looked behind me and saw a small smile on Eddie's lips. So I smiled back and walked off somewhere with him. When we stopped I was pulled forward. His hands grabbed my hips and he nuzzled his face in my neck. I had my hands around his neck playing with his hair. We swayed back and forth just enjoying the music.

Share with me the blankets that your wrapped in
because its cold outside cold outside its cold outside
share with me the secrets that you kept in
because its cold inside cold inside its cold inside


I actually new this song so I sung very quietly to it. Eddie chuckled and mumbled something about me having a pretty voice. I was nothing compared to April but I blushed either way. And then I think I could of melted right there because I felt Eddie's warm lips press against my neck.

and your slowly shaking finger tips
show that your scared like me so
let's pretend we're alone
and I know you may be scared
and I know were unprepared
but I don't care


"Eddie...uhm" I whispered.

"Hmm? Yeah?" Eddie smiled into my neck.

"Did...you just...kiss my neck?" I laughed a bit.

"Eh...maybe. Just trying to see where your pulse is the strongest." he shrugged.

"Haha, why?"

"More blood." Eddie smirked.

tell me tell me
what makes you think that you are invincible
I can see it in your eyes that you're so sure
please don't tell me that I am the only one that's vulnerable
impossible


"Rory. Do I really look that different? I mean I didn't think I changed that much."

"Well, yeah. To me I think you're pretty different. I mean. You grew up though. It's expected." I shrugged.

"Yeah...you changed too I guess. No longer that shy lonely girl." Eddie smiled.

"I suppose so. But you aren't that skinny little boy anymore either." I laughed.

"Rory. You really do look beautiful tonight." he whispered.

"Eddie...heh, yeah alright." I blushed and shook the compliment off.

"It's true! I don't know why you can't see that!" Eddie kinda shouted quietly.

I was born to tell you I love you
isn't that a song already
I get a B in originality
and it's true I cant go on without you
your smile makes me see clearer
if you could only see in the mirror what I see


I looked at him. His eyes boring into mine. I looked down trying to avoid that stare. But Eddie's hand cupped my chin and made me look up at him. As he leaned in I leaned away. He looked at me very confused. Shaking my head I saw that we completely stopped moving.

and your slowly shaking finger tips
show that your scared like me so
let's pretend we're alone
and I know you may be scared
and I know were unprepared
but I don't care


"Eddie...you can't keep doing that." I sighed.

"Doing what? Kissing you? Why?"

"Because Eddie...it, it means more to me than it does to you. I don't want you to keep doing it just because it's in the moment." I frowned.

I saw him glare not really at me but in general and he scoffed. He took his hands away and gripped my shoulders so I kept looking at him.

"You honestly think that?" Eddie hissed.

"Well...why else would you do it? I want you to stop it though because I, I really really like you." I whispered.

"What? You...like like me? Really?" his voice seemed a bit lighter.

tell me tell me
what makes you think that you are invincible
I can see it in your eyes that you're so sure
please don't tell me that I am the only one that's vulnerable
impossible


"Don't laugh...I know we're only suppose to be best friends but I can't help it. I honestly think ever since the first time you kissed me at camp was when I noticed my feelings." I whispered.

"And then when I left we both grew up without each other...right Rory?" Eddie frowned.

"Yeah, my feelings never changed and when I met you...they kept getting stronger. The I found out it was you! Then you kissed me again and I realized that..." I paused and looked up to see how Eddie was taking this.

To my surprise he was smiling! His eyes were twinkling and I about ran away. Here I was expressing how I felt and he was gonna laugh. But then, right before I could dash out of this place he wrapped his arms around me and nuzzled my neck again. His warm breath came out a little shaky as he once again kissed my neck.

slow down girl your not going anywhere
just wait around and see
maybe I am much more you never no what lies ahead
I promise I can be anyone I can be anything
just because you were hurt doesn't mean you shouldn't bleed
I can be anyone anything I promise I can be what you need


"Rory...Rory that makes me really happy knowing that you told me all of that." Eddie smiled.

"Wh-what? Why?" I said sniffling.

"You're way to naive. " he chuckled. "It's because I lo-like you a lot too. Like really really a lot. " he smiled.

"Eddie? REALLY?!" I grinned and looked at him.

"Yeah. I always did. Ever since you first hugged me. I knew that you were special."

"Oh Eddie!" So then...where does this leave us?" I asked suddenly.

"I really don't know Rory...how about we go get dinner on Friday just us and we can talk it out?" Eddie smiled.

"I'd like that Eddie...I really would."

We both were smiling as the song came to a close. We leaned in again and pressed his lips to mine for a warm kiss. I could feel the butterflies trying to escape my stomach. When he pulled away a minuet later we kept swinging back and forth.

tell me tell me
what makes you think that you are invincible
I can see it in your eyes that your so sure
please don't tell me that I am the only one that's vulnerable
impossible


---------------------------------------------Eddie's P.O.V.-------------------------------------

I walked Rory up to her door around 1:00 in the morning and we both were smiling like idiots. She grabbed the key to unlock the door but I wouldn't let go of her hand. So she turned around and hugged me. I don't know how long we stood there but eventually I pulled away from her. Reluctant to let her go I kissed her cheek and bid her a goodnight. While she shut the door I walked back to my own house. I through off my costume and sat down comfortably in my boxers at my painting isle. My brushes strokes were slow and gentle. I had no idea what I was painting until I was done. It was a laughing angle sitting on a cloud on a perfect blue day. I knew it wasn't Rory but the angel resembled her. Smiling at my work I glanced at the clock reading 4:00am.

Climbing into bed my heart felt much lighter. I suppose I shouldn't of dumped 'I love you' to her and I was happy I caught that mistake. For right now i can deal with a string liking. And maybe we can make it official soon. But to be honest I'd prefer if we did get to know each other all over again. So closing my eyes I smiled and fell into a deep sleep. This was a nice peaceful sleep. I even slept through my dad's harsh phone call he got two hours later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
Thoughts?
Criticism?
//KillJayme\\\