Status: Complete

Mistaken Love

See ya Steph, and Emma emerges

Image

The next morning was kept at bay behind my black curtains and when I went to open them up I was greeted by a dull gray sky and pouring rain. I guess my mood wasn't so influential on the weather. See for the first time in my teenage life I felt like skipping. Yes on a Monday morning I wanted to skip and frolic while singing show tunes. Could you blame me though? Last Friday was the best night I've had in a loooong time. I was smiling as I dressed in my clothes for the day. Actually feeling like I wanted to look a little good for Eddie. And the one thing my mood did have the effect on was my clothes.

I mean I was clad in black and pink checkered skinny jeans with a white pink and black Fall Out Boy tank top. I had on a black belt with pink pyramid studs and black and pink checkered vans. I smeared on my black eyeliner in hopes of not blinding my friends when they see me. Laughing I grabbed everything and walked outside. A super shiny silver car pulled up in my driveway and I heard an obnoxious voice call out to me. Anthony. I climbed in the back while April turned around and gave me a questionable look. I just smiled and sighed contently.

I looked to Eddie's driveway and saw his car gone. I guess I can't be sad about that. I'd see him in school! So I leaned back and enjoyed the ride on a pretty nice day for November. I swore when I remembered that I fo0rgot my hoodie and knew that it was suppose to get colder but I guess I could always ask Eddie for a hug. I was beating myself up for not remembering about my hoodie and that I had math homework. All was forgotten as we pulled into the parking lot and I sprang out of my seat in order to look for Eddie. He was smiling at nothing in particular and I thought about running up to tackle him. Before I could move my feet an inch a chick came and nudged him out of his trance. He turned to her and laughed. April had to push me forward to get me moving and as I walked closer I saw how pretty she really was. Damn self esteem issue.

Not only was My best friends prettier now some new girl comes along, has Eddie's attention and is way prettier than Steph I think! I felt horrible. But when the girl glanced our way and waved Eddie's eyes lit up when they found mine. So maybe nothing was going on? Perhaps Eddie was still mine. I walked faster up and blushed when he handed me a beautiful pink stargazer lily! Anthony batted his eyelashes and awed with April while Steph came up shuffling her feet. Mimi and Zachy appeared out of now where and stood together smiling. Eddie stood up and coughed gesturing to the new girl.

"Everyone, this is Emma. Her dad is my dads friend and sense they're in town they'll be staying with us for a while. Emma this is everyone." Eddie smiled.

"I'm April, and this is my boyfriend Anthony" April said as Anthony bowed.

"I'm Stephanie." Steph whispered trying to sound happy.
"I'm Mimi." Mimi said a bit skeptic.
"Zachy." was his one worded answer.
"And I'm-"
"You must be the girlfriend Rory! Aww man he's lucky I was over when I was. He gushed about how perfect your guy's date was all night! Eddie here is a poet! 'Her eyes put the stars to shame that night and her sm'-" She was cut off by a blushing Eddie and I couldn't help but laugh.

"So how old are you Emma?" I asked.

"I'm 16. A junior like you." Emma smiled.

She really was a pretty girl. So as we heard the bell ring we walked into school together. Kind of like how in Monsters Inc, all important and whatnot. We thought we were all pretty rad looking. Except what we saw next out us to shame. Our bestest friend Jake in the entire world was reduced to nothing more than jerk right before our eyes. Not only was his hair was short short and could barley manage a jelled spike but he was kissing some purse twirling fake brunette.

Stephanie turned around into a comforting April and Mimi looked ready to pounce. Emma looked dumbfounded while Zachy and Eddie clenched their fists. Anthony let out one of those 'are you kidding me' laughs. So before anyone got violent I walked up right to him and grabbed him by the ear. Hey I can't grab his hair, he barley has any!

"Comment vous ose tricher sur l'aquarium populaire avec cette putain brunette fausse?!" I screamed at him.

He looked at me like I had grown another head. Probably from my insult in French or the pinkness of my wardrobe. Either way I knew he wouldn't care. It was Jake. I chuckled and let go of him. Honestly he isn't worth it. I needed to get back to Stephanie. We all walked away trying to comfort her and make her smile and from the corner of my eye I saw Emma give that 'I've got my eye on you' gesture and flip him off.

The bell rang for us to get to first period and I gently pulled Stephanie to our science class. She sat down just staring at her book. I sighed but then saw movement from the corner of my eye. It was Seb waving at me to go over. I hesitantly left Stephanie and walked over to him. Shivering at the memory of him trying to take my shirt off. As I heard him let out a sigh and saw that the first page of his note book was scattered with I Love Georgie. My muscles relaxed and I giggled.

"Rory...I really want to thank you. It took about two days and a date but Georgie finally forgives me and we're going out now. As soon as I graduate I'm moving in with him where we can go tot the same school." He smiled.

"Aww Seb that's great! I told you everyone deserves a second chance."

"Do you think you could give me a second chance? As friends? I know I've been an ass hole...but could we?"

"Of course! Just as long as you promise to never try and steal my man ever again." I snickered.

I laughed at the blushing Seb and walked off as he gave his famous scoff. It was soon brushed off at the beep of a text message from Georgie though. If I could just solve why Steph is so depressed lately, other than the Jake factor everything would be perfect. I was going to ask her about it at lunch I promised myself sitting down in my chair. The day dragged on and on. Anthony and I goofed off in History, I had Seb explain what we were doing in math and glared at Jake who was ignoring me completely. But when I dashed off to lunch I had no idea for the misfortune about to come. Steph I suppose would be in the most shock ever.

"Hey everyone...hows the...tacos?" I frowned. Everyone looked crestfallen and Steph was shaking.

"Rory...Steph is moving to Columbus, Ohio." Zachy whispered.

"WHAT!" I shouted. "THAT CANNOT HAPPEN! WHY?"

"My parents...they think it's better if I move and start over...because I disappointed them." Steph says gently.

"How? You're like a straight A student!" Anthony exclaimed.

"You guys...Jake's been so distant for a reason. I pushed him away cos it's my fault. I'm pregnant."

"YOU'RE WHAT!?" Our whole table shouted.

"Jake's the dad of a baby I'm keeping! He isn't ready to be a dad and it's my fault!" Steph sobbed.

This was all so crazy. Everyone was wide eyed with their jaw's dropped. This isn't Steph's fault at all. It's Jake's and he needs to recognize this and take responsibility for this! Not ready to be a dad, well he should of used a god damned condom!

"Wow...you guys sure know how to make a girl feel welcomed."

"How can you say that!" Mimi screeched.

"I'm just saying, you guys worry about some stupid stuff. This is Steph's problem, and she's the one who needs to work it out with Jake. The best all you guys can do is support every decision she makes." Emma spoke.

"You're right Emma...I'm sorry everyone." Steph said and gave a week smile."

We all continued to eat our lunch in silence and hoped Wednesday never came. For that day was the day we all had to say goodbye and hope Steph would be OK. Come next August we'd be seeing her give birth to a baby and hope that Jake would come to his senses. Somehow...I wish all this drama would go away.

However you can't go to high school and expect it to be happy sunshine. Just like it can't stay Monday forever. Wednesday came all to soon. And we all took our morning classes off to see Stephanie off. Her tummy was still small so it was hard to imagine that a baby was in there. She was smiling happy though. Not showing an ounce of sadness. Emma had known Steph for two days and was sniffling a bit. Mimi was frowning and hugging Zachy while he smiled sadly at Steph. April and Anthony were hooked to her legs begging her not to leave. While Eddie and I stood together smiling at her.

When Steph climbed into her parents car and they started to fallow the moving van we knew that she'd be OK. We can remember her smile and know that Steph can survive. Of course we all know we'd drag Jake by his tongue to see his baby if we had too. Somehow I think Mimi and April would get a sick pleasure of that idea. I laughed and turned to everyone. Hand in hand we all walked down the street. Like a ton of bricks smashing me into the ground I noticed how inconsiderate we were being to our newest friend. Here Emma comes, the new girl being dragged into drama central. We needed to properly welcome her. So I turned our direction left and we headed to the penguin store...or Sherby's Ice Cream. Those fuckers better give me by strawberry shortcake this time and not some strawberry ice cream. We all went there before and they screwed my order up.

While we all walked I laughed at how Anthony would purposely try and step on the cracks in the sidewalk. I know he remembers me telling him that if he does he'll break his mom's back. I dunno why he doesn't like her. She's so nice to him...sometimes. April and Mimi walked in sync with each other a sister thing they did often like saying stuff together or finishing sentences. Zachy and Eddie seemed to be unique with their feet noise. Zachy takes two steps Eddie takes three. Zachy takes four and Eddie take one. Weirdos. Emma jumped skip sometimes, her head in the clouds thinking of her boyfriend. We all were a weird group. So as we made the door ding and we all walked over, well ok, I waddled over on the penguin prints to the counter. We all ordered our ice creams and waited 'till they were ready. Emma's was the last to come. She giggled with delight as her two scoop dish of ice cream was covered, like oozing multi colored sprinkles. I honestly could barley see the ice cream.

"Emma...you got enough sprinkles?" Zachy questioned.

"Hehe, Zachy what reminds you of Mimi?" she smiled.

"Uhm..s-snow. A light powdery snowfall at night. Just like the night we first met and the night we first kissed, and the night where we first-" he was cut off.

"I think they get it Zachy..." Mimi mumbled with a blush that matched Zachy's.

"See? When people are in love they always have stuff that reminds them of that special person. Sprinkles reminds me of my Sprinkles."

"Sprinkles?" Anthony scratched his head.

Emma rolled her eyes and grabbed her wallet out and snatched a picture for us all to see. Under it, a name was scrawled in silver sharpie. Sprinkles. Emma's boyfriend? by the way she was smiling I was guessing so. She put it back and we all continued to stuff our faces. An hour later we were all done and walking home. Zachy and Mimi turned the other way though. We stopped and looked at them confused.

"Mimi, we live this way." April said.

"It's 6:34, I gotta go to Zachy's house and make him a sammich." Mimi shrugged.

"You mean sandwich?" Anthony, one again scratched his head.

"No, see when April was little she never could say sandwich, just sammich so it kinda stuck with me."

I watched them walk off holding hands. I wondered if Eddie and I could ever be in love like that. I'm so confused with us right now anyway. Not the awkward confused though. I doubt I could ever stay away from him. April and Anthony bickered quietly to one another and Eddie kept chuckling. Finally Emma and I were tired of it and we whispered quietly to ourselves, 'touch, touch, touch.' every time they'd touch each other. April would giggle a stop but we all know she didn't want him to. And then all of a sudden they were bickering again. That was 'love' I'd be happy to avoid.

We actually dropped April off first then Anthony. By the time we reached my house it was 7:32. Still early but we all had homework and pretesting for finals to do. Emma hugged me goodbye and ran to Eddie's house and then it was just us. I gulped and I knew he heard it cos his teeth were gleaming in a cat like smile.

"What a day eh?"

"Yeah, you bet. Steph's gone...Jake's wow, and we got a new friend." I smiled

"So I've been meaning to ask you about your clothes Monday. Pink?"

"I was really happy. I guess I wanted to try and impress...uhm I wanted to look nice?" I fake coughed.

"Nice? That is the understatement of the decade. You're dazzling doll. Now, who'd you wanna impress?" Eddie smiled.

"Uhm...oh just this boy that has this smile that makes my knees go weak." I blushed.

"I bet who ever he is he's pretty lucky to have a girl like you fonding over him."

"Oh he is...I don't fond over to many things." I laughed.

"Is he handsome?"

"Gorgeous." I breathed.

"Good kisser?" Eddie smirked.

"Amazing." I giggled.

"I'll see you tomorrow Rory, remember I'm painting you Friday. Be over at like 6:00." Eddie leaned in and our lips crashed tenderly.

The butterflies made the heat go flying in my fingertips. He pulled away panting only a little. I didn't want to open my eyes but I did. His clear eyes showed so many emotions. But the one I liked seeing flash the most was adoration. A slight change to it but I couldn't place my finger on it. Probably cos they were still numb with passion. So as he turned away I slumped against my doorway watching him walk to his house and go in. I reached up and opened the door falling backwards as I did. I looked around and noticed all the lights were off. So when I went to turn on a lamp someone beat me too it. Uh oh. My mom wasn't suppose to be home.

"Rory Hannah Lynn Ska. Care to explain what the hell this note means?" She demanded.
"...You guys are so cute, I can't wait for when you guys become official. Shush it'll happen I know it. Then you guys can hug and kiss whenever you want. Hehe, the only thing is that HE WONT GET YOUR VIRGINITY! I already took it! Muwahaha. JKJK Write me back babe! <3 April." I read the bottom of the note April wrote me Tuesday.

I rolled my eyes at my fuming mother. Did she honestly think I'd do that? By the way she's looking I'll take it as a yes. So before she launched into a speech that she doesn't want to be the mom of a whore, I beat her to the yelling.

"Before you yell let me say that it was a joke. April and I were JOKING, as in it's not real. Second, I dunno why the hell you were in my room! We agreed that when I was 14 you'd never snoop in my room! SO thanks, I really have lost my trust in you. Also, you're suppose to be my MOTHER, and here you are assuming that I'm easy. I've only kissed one guy in my entire life mom. I'm going up to MY room that'll be crawling with suspicion whilst you sit here and contemplate on what a slut I've become. Good night."

I stomped all the way up stairs and slammed my door. it's one thing after another I swear! Happiness, sadness, bliss, to freaking angrier than shit! I sighed and tried calming down. No I wasn't PMSing, that was last week. I just feel like my life is a roller coaster. Ups and downs with very sharp turns and unexpected loops. What if it's a sign. Like Eddie and I really aren't meant for each other. A mistake? No, haha, I'm being silly again. I know how Eddie looks at me and I know how I look at Eddie. This isn't...puppy love or a silly crush. It was a desire, a need. This was...Love. Love, do I truly love Eddie? I climbed in my bed with my P.J.'s still thinking of that answer. I finished my homework so I just laid down staring at my ceiling. He cares for me and protects me.

I think...maybe a little...or a lot. I mean sure he...I know I'm not, but he thinks I am. Oh Eddie the things you plague my mind with. My musings of Eddie made my mind tired. So as I drifted off to my dreamland I fell asleep with my conscious whispering my true answer.

Yes. I.Love.Edward.James. Love him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?
Comments?
Criticism?
//KillJayme\\