Status: Complete

Mistaken Love

Dear Birdie Why Did You Die

Image

Something was wrong. Ever get that feeling? I was just sitting here in the dark and I knew it. Something terrible had happened. I was looking around waiting for anyone or anything to help me. But again with the feeling in my head...I knew nothing or no one was going to. I felt beaten. My limbs were sore and I didn't think I could stand. A scream pierced my ears though and that's when my eyes shot open and I woke up.

The scene before me was chaos. Police and ambulances were everywhere. By standers were crying and shaking their heads. I realized that I was moved over by a tree. I saw Zacky next to me still passed out and April on his other side. Anthony was sitting up next to April stroking her hair. Emma was propped up next to me chewing her nails and crying silently. I saw Shaun being removed from our flipped over van and Emma let loose a huge breath. He was walked over to us at laid down next to her. I heard another scream exactly like the first.

"Hurry the hell up! I smell gas! Do you WANT me to burn up with this car!? You guys are stupid now hurry up!"

It was Mimi. I looked over and saw she was upside down with the car and freaking out. I tried getting up but my legs wouldn't budge. I heard someone whisper that the seat belt buckle was jammed. And then I thought I smelled gas in the air too. A big beefy fireman came over to the car and sliced the seat belt off Mimi and made sure she didn't hit her head. She was pulled out screaming in anger and was set in front of me with a huff.

I looked at her and saw that she had a huge gash in her arm ad it was bleeding. Along with a little slice near he crease of her lips. I knew she knew that when it healed the scar would look like those creepy stitched smiles. Zacky had glass in his shoulders and a cut running along his forehead. Mimi went over and started picking out the glass.

Emma was trying to stop the bleeding wound in Shaun's leg. His right side of his face was burnt from the air bag no doubt. Emma herself was sitting weirdly. her ankle was propped up and looked swollen and out of place. Lets hope it wasn't broken. She too had airbag markings on her face.

Antony had blood all over his hands and face but the only place he looked hurt at was his arm twisted at a funny angle. I definitely knew THAT was broken. As I glanced toward Courtney I saw and ugly bruise forming on her left cheek and that her chest was gashed open. Bleeding.

I was taking deep breaths. Everything and everyone would fine. Absolutely fine. I myself couldn't really inspect my own damage but it hurt to move my legs, arms, and my stomach. My hands and knees burned and I noticed that they were bleeding. Everything else was probably bruised. I looked around our group once more, the nagging in head still grew.

Somethings wrong somethings wrong...

"Where's Eddie?!" I gasped.

"Eddie? Tall, brown hair-"

"Yes yes! That's him! Where is he?!" I said slightly panicked.

"Ma'am...who are you to him?" a policeman asked

"His girlfriend! Now where is he!?" I said blushing and angry.

"Miss, you better come with me."

I didn't like that tone. I didn't like that voice. I didn't like how he looked at me with pity. I didn't like that he had to help me stand and walk. I didn't like that half my friends were still passed out and now being loaded on stretchers. I didn't like how the other ones were getting in after them. I didn't like how we were all hurt. I didn't like that this police man led me to another ambulance. I didn't like how he paused and opened the door. And I really really really didn't like what I saw.

"Ed...Eddie...EDDIE!? What happened? Is he alright?!" I screamed falling onto my bleeding knees.

My heart was in my throat and I tasted my tears and felt myself shaking. Eddie...I looked and saw the body bag in the corner. The one they had just in case something happened on the ride there. I didn't want to look at him because now that's all I could see. The policeman helped me up and led me away.

"No! I won't leave him! Please let me ride with him, please!" I begged.

"Sorry miss, we need you to answer our questions. The doctors here can help with your minor wounds." The policeman said roughly.

"But he needs me! I can't let him go!" I cried.

"As soon as we're done I promise to take you straight to the hospital."

"Everyone is going to the same one right? You can't separate us. I mean all eight of us! Got that?!" I screamed in anger.

"Yes ma'am..." I policeman backed a few feet away.

"What do you want to know?" I asked tiredly as a nurse led me over to a place to sit down so she could clean my cuts.

"Were any of you under the influence of alcohol?" he asked

"No."

"Were any of you doing drugs."

"No." I said a little irked.

"Who was driving?"

"Sprinkles, oops! I mean Shaun." My bad...

"Where were you going?"

Running away from psycho dad's
"We were road tripping." I sighed

"Do you have any money?"

"Me? No." I said clutching the envelope my mom gave me closer.

"Who hit you?" he asked.

The I realized I didn't know. The faces blurred and I knew I knew them...but who were they?

"It's fuzzy...we were driving. Shaun was looking directly in front of him. But something hit us...before I passed out I saw the faces of who were in the other car. I just.. can't make them out right now..."

"I see...you all were lucky you were wearing your seat belts." the officer coughed.

Yeah lucky. How could Eddie be so careless. I thought I saw him put it on...in fact I know I saw...because i told him too. He hadn't taken it off once. But why was he hurt the most...

THAT'S WHY! He was thrown from the car...but he had his seat belt on...he must not of landed too far so no one realized it...yet. We were only in this mess thanks to those people.. they were all men I knew that...much. One was crying. I knew that. The men. I needed to remember.

"Hey wait! I know who was in the car!" I yelled at the officer.

He looked at me funny and wrote took out a pen and flipped back to page he had out earlier. As I began to speak he wrote. And when he was done I asked if i could go tot he hospital now. He told me to get in his car and we were off.He drove slowly through the wreck. Trying not to hit anyone. When we made it onto the road I thought I should ask him a question..maybe he'd know the answer.

" Excuse me..but can a seat belt snap?"

"What? You mean like break?"

"Yes, like, say someone jerked forward cos they stopped heavily and the belt snapped."

"Few cases are like that. Either it was on or off. But yes, I suppose it could."

"I see...thank you."

"Why?"

"No reason. Just curiosity."

We were no well on our way to the hospital and I kept looking out the window. Hoping everyone was alright and alive. I was looking at the rain falling and wished I could rewind the whole day. I'd of made everyone stay at home one more day. As we pulled in the hospital entrance I dashed out of the car and went into the waiting room. I was about to ask for anyone's room number when a little girl and boy came walking out crying. A nurse was rubbing their backs.

The door they came out of was a Veterinarian's door. It was like a two in one hospital I guess... The boy held on to the girl as she cried and then a woman came out taking heir hands and walking out with them. As they passed me I heard the little girl say to the boy,

"Why did birdie die?"

The boy just wiped his tears and said, "I don't know."

It tore me up. The feeling of loosing a pet would be counted as a significant difference as to losing a person...but I still felt just s sorry for the kids. Losing someone you loved was terrible. no matter what or who it is. I didn't want to walk out of here without my whole group. Without my family. Without my laughter and joy. Without my love. I wanted it to all be there and for it to do that the whole gang must be there. I took a deep breath and walked up the front desk.

"Excuse me but I'd like to see-"

"EXCUSE ME! Please I need to see my son! Edward James. I need to know he's alright!"

I looked up from where I was pushed down by this man. My eyes widened at the name he wanted to see and my mouth hung open when I finally knew who the person was. William James.

"Edward's dad..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long.
Don't bitch just read and enjoy
Comments?
Thoughts?
Criticism?
//KillJayme\\