Status: Complete

Mistaken Love

Love Hurts and it Gets You Hurt

Image

"Eddie...we left tracks." I heard Shaun say

"Dammit. What else will go wrong today?" Eddie asked and kicked the gravel beneath his feet.

"It'll be alright." I said hollowly. Was that really my voice?

"Are you sure? We are at least twenty minutes from the house now. If continue moving I doubt we'll get further than a mile before my dad and company find us." Emma said crushing Bert’s phone against a tree.

"We can't really go anywhere with a lake around us." Mimi grumbled.

"We could split up." Ben suggested.

"Yeah, let the wounded fend for themselves, brilliant deduction doctor." Zacky growled.

"It is a good plan." I said getting up. "We'll separate after we get out of the woods. Until then, let’s walk."

"You sure?" Shaun asked. "Is that really the smartest plan?"

"Fine. Stay here. I'm going." I said and began walking.

"You can't just walk away from the problem." April shouted. We all turned to look at her. "I know what you feel right now Rory. Anger and grief, as if your heart is snagged on a rib or something and your throat is too tight. Your uncle won't die, but being blind and foolish won't help us stay alive either."

"You're right April. We need a plan." I sighed. I can cry later.

"Should I fire my gun now or later?" a deep voice laughed.

We all gasped and turned to find Mr. Roth leaning against a tree. He had one of those amused smiles on. As if he was proud we had gotten this far. We all backed up as he sauntered forward. Eddie clung onto me as if we would be ripped apart any moment. Zacky was cradling Mimi growling. Ben stood protectively in front of April, hands in pockets glaring. Shaun and Emma laced their hands together and stepped forward.

"Daddy stop this." Emma pleaded.

"Emma, tell your lady friend to get in the car," he cocked the gun, placed his finger on the trigger, and aimed for Shaun. "Better hurry or I might twitch in annoyance."

"We're going. Don't shoot." I said and grabbed Mimi and April's hands. "Where's the car?"

Right on cue, a shiny black car rolled through the woods. We headed for it not looking back. Mr. Randolph opened the door for us and we all slid in. He smiled and slammed the door then began walking over towards Mr. Roth. I saw in the front was Mr. James, clutching the steering wheel.

"Don't worry." Mr. James said and breathed.

We all turned our directions to the men outside. Emma had he dad lower the gun and pushed Shaun back towards Eddie, Zacky, and Ben. The two men waved their guns and screamed back and forth with Emma and Eddie.

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?! It can't all be for money." Eddie yelled.

"Well, that is the large part. Perhaps you didn't know Mr. Randolph is in with some high people." Mr. Roth smirked.

"Oh he's high alright." Eddie snarled.

"Mr. Stewart Randolph III." Ben said suddenly. "I remember my cousin's mom having problems with you and your "company" and so they moved. Steph was really looking forward for me to be able to deliver her baby." Ben suddenly growled.

"You know Stephanie?" Eddie asked shocked.

"Yeah. She's my cousin."

I think everyone's jaw dropped. Mine was on the floor because seriously, what a small world. I wonder if Ben has met Jake...

"-and tired of you abusing your power!" Ben snarled.

"We do what we must...it isn't my fault the company can buy off so many people." Mr. Randolph smiled.

"What you do is illegal." Zacky snapped.

"So is killing someone."

"Then why are you trying to kill us!" he roared clenching his fist.

I did not bother to listen anymore. Mr. James unlocked the door and whispered for us to get out and run. We all moved behind the car, and I ran for it. No one saw it coming as I raced toward the guys. I used all my strength and tackled them. Mr. Randolph’s gun flew out of his hand and Mr. Roth's got crushed beneath him.

"Rory!" Eddie screamed at me and I felt my face sting. He punched me!

"Ow, you jack ass!" I hissed.

As he knocked me off Zacky came and tackled him from behind. They rolled and rolled until Zacky landed on top and began pounding his fists into Mr. Randolph's face. Mr. Roth would have begun shooting except for that Ben and Shaun grabbed him. Eddie ran over to me and helped me up. April and Mimi ran over to Emma and stood there staring at the guns on the ground.

"Let go of me!" Mr. Roth screamed while wiggling around. A swift yank from Ben and he crumbled to the floor yowling.

"Did you really need to break his arm?" Shaun laughed.

"Do you want to break his leg?" Ben replied. Just then, Mr. James stepped up to Zacky and yanked him off Mr. Randolph.

"No! Let me fight him, I swear I'll kill him!" Zacky yelled. Mimi rushed over and put her arms around his waist telling him to calm down.

I looked over to a heavily bleeding and bruised Mr. Randolph, dragging Eddie with me I went over to him and asked, "Why did you make Eddie go to that summer camp."

"Emma was supposed to meet him. She informed me though that he spent all his time with another little girl. I told her to try again next year but they were even closer. After that I stopped because Mr. James was sending him there of his own free will." Mr. Randolph gasped, "I figured he'd never see this girl again and I could make Emma be that girl. Mr. James was going to burn everything that had Rory on it so he'd never remember you're face or name..."

"But then you moved in next door." Mr. James finished for him. "I should have never agreed to do anything...but your mother was so persistent...that's why I thought if I did what she said, she'd come back to us..."

"You all disgust me." Eddie spat. "I can't believe parents would go to this extreme for a marriage. IT'S WRONG!"

"Eddie, don't be too angry...your father is helping us now. Mine is still a prick." Emma glared.

"DID HE HELP SAVE ANTHONY?!" April suddenly screamed.

"Guys stop!" I shouted...in the silence, I heard it more clear, sirens.

We all looked at one another. Some of us were crying while others were twitching. Were we going to be in trouble? How would we talk our way out of this? I refused to run from the cops...so I grabbed Eddie's hand and waited. Two shots from a gun made everyone whip around and scream. Eddie's dad stood holding his own gun at a limp, dead, Mr. Randolph.

"D-dad?" Eddie gasped.

"I'm sorry Eddie. I do love you and I know I have made a mistake. Let me handle this." He smiled sadly.

Two more shots were fired at Mr. Roth. Emma screamed as Shaun pulled her against him. Her cries were big heaving sobs, the kind that make your throat and stomach hurt. That's when we heard voices.

"R-Rory?" Conner asked stumbling down the hill with five police officers. Eddie looked at his dad one last time before they arrested him and pulled him up to the cop cars. Eddie squeezed my hand as his dad mouthed I love you, a simple nod let his dad know Eddie did feel the same. A paramedic asked Ben to help put Conner back in an ambulance. April walked away with them. Another doctor told Mimi and Zacky to follow them; he wanted to check their wounds. Emma watched as they placed a body bag over her father’s corpse.

"I'm so confused; I feel relief and sad all at once. And anger toward Eddie's dad but...I know this is for the best." She hiccupped against Shaun's chest. He just held her as they walked back up the house.

A police officer walked over as they began covering Mr. Randolph's body, he looked at us and sighed. "You kids alright?" we both silently nodded. Eddie then led me back up the hill to get a ride to the hospital to see Conner.

"Eddie...I love you."

"I love you too Rory."

I leaned up and pressed my lips against his. Not knowing where else to throw my emotions, I just let them flow from my mouth to his. He put his hand on the back of my head and brought us closer; his other hand was gently wiping away my tears. When we broke apart, Eddie and I jumped at Zacky's, shockingly bright, smiling face.

"At least we know our kid will have friends."

We blushed and walked away with him. We saw everyone around the ambulance. Ben was holding April's hand, while Zacky grabbed Mimi from behind and nuzzled into her neck. Emma was calmer now, just swaying with Shaun who was holding her protectively. Eddie then picked me up like a princess and held me against his warm chest. We all piled in another ambulance and drove off into the sunset of red and blue flashing lights.

Then we all groaned as we stepped into another hospital. April suddenly laughed sadly, "No one die this time."

It was not funny to joke about that. Nevertheless, Mimi was the first to bust out laughing. Then everyone joined in as we all huddled before being pulled away to our respective rooms. A woman who looked to be my mother’s age led me to my room. She told me to sit on the bed and a doctor would be in soon.

"You know...I hear this whole thing is over some love quarrel."

"Something like that." I said and yawned.

"Well, from my experiences I've learned that love hurts...but never that love gets you hurt."

"I suppose you're right...but knowing that I'll always be loved, the pain of it fades away." I smiled as she shut the door. Then laying down I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
One more to go. The epilogue if you will.

THANK THE LORD! >.<

This is not the last you have seen of Mistaken Love though. I'm going to do some one shots on how the couples met up.

Comments?
Thoughts?
Criticism?
//KillJayme\\