Status: Complete

Mistaken Love

Butterfingers and paintbrushes

Image

"By mom! I'll see you later!"

"Dear be careful! Your leg just got out of a cast!"

"Yeah like 3 weeks ago. I'll be fine. LOVE YOU!"

*sigh* Oh mom, she's such a worry wart. It's summer camp how can you get hurt here? Well, I could probably find a few ways. Hmmm no where is he. AH HA! There he is!

"EDDIE!"

"AH RORY! Oof"

Hehe. I ran towards Eddie with all the speed I could muster and tackled him! Oh I missed him! He's changed so much. But he's still my Eddie...I mean my friend Eddie.

"Eddie I missed you sooo much!"

"Yeah same here. What's been happening?"

"Well, I broke my leg roller blading."

"That's ni-WHAT! Rory what am I gonna do? You're so reckless."

"The flying through the air was fun."

"Haha, I bet."

He grabbed my hand and led me to our cabin. We talked about school, his friends, the witch Laura, and how much we changed. Eddie opened the door for me and I tossed my stuff down on my bunk. We decided each year we'd switch off. It just so happens that this year I get the bottom. His stuff was already set up and I had to get mine. I brought out my Japanese Cherry Blossom body spray, a brush, and black eyeliner, my 5 books, and iPod. Really that's all I needed.

"So Eddie...guess what?"

"What?"

"I have a present for you."

"REALLY?! Can I see it!"

"Hmm...yeah I suppose."

Smiling down at the bracelet he gave me I took out a small rectangular package. When I gave it to him he shook it and put his ear up to it. Silly boy just open it. Almost as if he read my mind he started to take the gray ribbon off the box and opened it. His eyes showed it all, he loved it. And it's a good thing too! That was all my allowance. $35.47, and his facial expression along with what he did next was worth it. He put his arms around me, picked me up, and gave me a hug while twirling. It was pretty amazing.

"Rory! Oh it's awesome! I love it."

"I thought you would."

"It's perfect, the brush it soft and fine. And the handle it so smooth! Oh look and there's even a snake wrapped around it! Rory...this is one of the best presents I ever got."

"Really Eddie? I'm so happy you like it."

"Like it? No, no, no, I love it. I can't thank you enough."

All I did was smile. Half of it was from his joy and the other half was that I was still recovering from the hug. Eddie was so happy because I had gotten him a beautiful paintbrush. The brush was soft and black. Then the handle as he said was smooth and a deep red rose color with a stormy gray snake wrapped around it. He looked at me again smiling. Putting it back in the box Eddie grabbed my hand again.

"C'mon! Lets go get something to eat."

"A...alright."

How come he doesn't blush no more? I'll miss it. I liked seeing the red color to his face. Hey speaking of blushing, MY face feels kind of hot.

"Rory do you have a fever? Your face is kinda red."

"NO! I mean no I'm fine."

"Ya know, if you ask me it looks like you're blushing."

"Ah what? No way! What would I...blush about?"

"Haha, I dunno. Anyway lets go!"

He took off running and I stood there. CRAP! That blush better be a one time thing. I sped off after Eddie in hopes of catching up to him. I got faster but Eddie got faster too. I didn't have a chance.

When me and Eddie entered the cafeteria we sat down at a table waiting to be served. He kept looking out the window for some reason. Was it a bird? A cloud? All I know is that he was acting different.

"Hey Eddie, what's up? Why you looking out the window so much?"

"My dad. He's on that plane."

"Huh?"

Sure enough when I looked out I saw a plane. I was pretty high up. I wonder where it was going. Besides Eddie's dad might not even be on THAT plane.

"How do you know?"

"It's his private jet, I can see the insignia on it."

"Oh...do you miss him?"

"No. I miss how he use to be before...you know what."

"Did you want to go with him?"

"I wanted to. He's going to Australia this summer."

"Oh, I hear the Koala's are cute there..."

"Haha! Rory don't look so sad. I'd much rather be here with you."

So he says. I know we're friends and I can't say don't wish to be with your dad. That's mean and unfair. I guess I'm lucky his dad is neglecting him. If not I'd of never met Eddie. But saying that makes me sound selfish. All I really want is for Eddie to be happy...and if that means getting his dad to be nice to him, then so be it.

"Hey Eddie? maybe when your dad come to get you this year I could meet him."

"WHAT! Why would you want to do that?"

"Well, I was just thinking I could show him how cool you are."

"He wouldn't believe you. You're a kid."

"HEY! I am 13. There is no way I am a kid!"

"Rory, you're a kid. Haha."

"Grrrr NO I AM NOT! You're 13 too!"

"Actually I'm 14."

"Grrr...whatever."

Stupid Eddie with his stupid age. Hmph! I'll show him I'm not a kid. I'll prove how matu- NO WAY! A BUTTERFINGER! AHHHHHHHHHHHH MINE MINE MINE MINE!
I jumped up and raced to Tory who had a Butterfinger in her hand. Oh I must have it. So while she was talking to Layla I sneaked up behind her and snatched it! Muwhahaha!

"Hey! Rory!"

"Rory...that wasn't nice."

"I DON'T CARE! She had a Butterfinger!"

"Listen Rory...THAT WAS MINE!"

"TOO BAD"

"Uhg, will you two stop? You guys act like kids..."

"Hmph...Rory started it. Fine whatever. I have a bag full."

"Yay!"
I ran back to Eddie and he looked at me with pure shock.

"I can't believe you stole candy from an adult."

"Butterfinger+me=LOVE"

"Uhg...Rory..."

Eddie shook his head at me and I smiled. Ripping open my chocolate I ate it slowly. Heh, well OK so I scarfed it down pretty quickly. Looking up at Eddie I realized something. I was so not proving to him I'm mature. *sigh* Well maybe I'll persuade him tomorrow or something. I'm kinda tired...

"Hey Rory? Rory...you ok?"

"Mmmm...no. I'm tired."

"Want to go back to the cabin?"

"My legs can't move...too...sl...*yawn* sleeeepy."

"Rory? Rory!"
"Zzzzzzzzz..."

I heard Eddie sigh and he probably shook his head. I smiled and continued to keep my eyes shut. As soon as I was about to fall into the darkness I felt something shift. All of a sudden I was lifted up! Eddie was carrying me! My limbs were to tired to grab him but I did snuggle up to him more. I figured that's the least I could do so it's easier to carry me.
Hey... Eddie smells really... really... good. Yummy.

---------------------------------------------Eddie----------------------------------------------

Rory, Rory, Rory... she wasn't really heavy but it was a bother. All the girls giggled at me when I passed. It didn't help when She decided to snuggle up closer to me either. I wasn't blushing and I as happy about that but she...I...that damn squishy feeling was in my tummy again. Rory had changed a little. It wasn't a bad change though.

When I got to cabin I pushed the door open and went to her bed. I laid her down and she cuddled with her pillow. I was about to climb the ladder to my bed but I herd her mumble. I knew it wasn't right but I couldn't help it.

"Mmmm Butterfinger....stupid Tory....mine...........papa! Meet my friend....mmm mom this is.... Eddie....Eddie say hi.................Eddie wait don't leave. I....I'm sorry."

After that I just couldn't listen anymore. Rory had tears in her eyes threatening to fall but when she turned over they went away. Minus the Butterfingers ordeal, what I think happened was she wanted her dead dad to meet me. Her mom wanted to too. Apparently I just walked away though. That's a stupid dream! I'd never do that!

While Rory slept I got an idea. I'd have to wait to paint her but I could draw her. So I took out my drawing book and a pencil. Off I went working to catch her beaut-uhh my friend so I could show Anthony and Jake. I didn't almost say beauty. Either way I drew. She was laying still and I was thankful for that. The curve of her foot was funny to draw. It was under a blanket so it looked like she didn't have toes. Moving on it got easier and easier. No one came in either. When I got to her shirt there was a weird curve in it. And then the blush came back. Boobs. I forgot that part. Not wanting to linger on that spot any longer than I should, I moved to her face.

The sun peaked through the thin curtain and shined directly on Rory. It was beautiful. So I said it, I didn't care. Setting down my drawing stuff I picked up my camera. *click* If I couldn't draw her with a glow then I at least wanted a picture of it. Jeez Eddie...way to sound like a stalker. I picked up my pencil again and got to sketching her face.

With three hours gone I was almost done. Rory's hair was amazing to draw. The different ways it spread out. Near her face and over her shoulder. She even grasped some of it in her hand. As I dated the picture and signed my name she began to wake up.

"*YAWN* hey Eddie... Hmm how did I get hear?"

"Haha, I carried you. I'm glad you're finally up. I was so bored."

"Whatchya doing with these pencils?"

"I was drawing."

"Drawing what?"

"A picture..."

"What KIND of picture?"

"One that you aren't allowed to look at."

"Oh Eddie! PLEASE!"

"...fine. But like I said I was bored. And and...I wasn't trying to be a stalker."

"What are you talking about Eddie? Just let me see it!"

Giving her my drawing book she flipped through it. Knowing to look at the dates she kept on going until she reached it. Her picture.

"Is that...me?"

"Yeah..."

"OH WOW! Eddie it's beautiful."

"You really think so?"

"Yeah, I mean...I really don't look good in pictures...but this one. I feel really pretty."

"Jake and Anthony thought you were cute in the pictures I took home."

"Hey Eddie...why is there a funny lump near my chest?"

"That...uh...I was trying to...I didn't mean to look."

"It almost looks like... Hehehe Eddie you pervert.

"No! No I'm not! I didn't want to stare so I winged it."

"Hahahahahaha! Eddie you looked at my boobs. Hahaha!"

"Sh...shut up!"

God I knew what I did, but didn't she have to laugh. Uhg and I wish I'd stop blushing. Geez Rory! I began smiling knowing that it was funny and she wasn't mad.
For being 13 though...wow.
*mental slap* EDDIE! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING! I can't believe that my brain thought that! I just GAH! I hate being a teenager. It's so weird!

"Rory, I'm gonna go take a shower."

"Haha. Okay. I'll be here and after you're done we'll go to dinner. Pfft hahaha!"

Uhg...Rory.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?
thoughts?
criticism?