Status: Complete

Mistaken Love

Dancing to our goodbyes

Image

"GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING LADIES AND EDDIE! TODAY IS THE LAST DAY OF CAMP! I'd like to remind you all at 8:00pm to 11:00pm there will be a dance with the boy's camp 5 miles away. Please note that this dance is only for the people that will not be attending camp with us next year. THAT IS ALL BYE BYE!"

"Good god...does she have to be so happy?"

"Eddie...go back to sleep."

I pushed my pillow at Eddie's face trying to shut him up. I was tired. Last night when everyone was sleeping Eddie and I took a late night swim. When we came back at 3:00am I literally collapsed on my bed. Now to suffer for our actions we had to get up a half hour early. I hate camp.

Mumbling to myself I tried sitting up. My body wouldn't allow that though and immediately fell back. Suppose I couldn't get up. Maybe I could skip every thing today. Then I wouldn't have to go to that stupid dance and watch all these Barbies drool over Ken. Of course Eddie would be with me...but I doubt he wanted to go too.

Another plus side was that I didn't have to get dressed up. I might give Eddie a dollar to tell Tory I died. Then everyone would leave me alone. Mmm that would be great. Except Eddie would have to visit me and feed me chocolate. Specifically a Butterfinger.

"Eddie...I died ok?"

"Mmm yeah me too."

"Alright nighty night."

"Sleep tight."

"HEY CAMPERS! WAKEY WAKEY EGGS AND BACEY!"

Ooooh I hate her right now. If I had my sling shot I'd...oooh she's lucky I can't move my arms...or legs.

"Tory I hate you. Let me sleep."

"Awww c'mon Rory. Let the sun shine-"

"NO! I want the darkness to suffocate me. I'm tired. Leave me alone."

"Maybe of a certain someone and her lover didn't sneak out and go swimming you'd be happier. Hmm?"

"Sh...shut up! He's not my lover...we're just friends."

"Mmhmm right. How about you Ed? Wanna wake up?"

"Bite me."

I snickered at Eddie's comment Tory rolled her eyes and stormed off. I sighed. Unfortunately she was right. We had to get up. In 2 more hours. Shutting my eyes I drifted off into dream world. Where I ate Butterfingered squirrels and rode magical black unicorns.
...................................... 2 1/2 hours later.................................................

Stretching my limbs I blinked a couple times. Looking at my clock I saw it was 9:47am...cool. Eddie and I actually got to sleep in. I love Tory. She let us sleep. Wait...why would she do that? Hmmm...something isn't right. Ignoring the feeling in my tummy I poke my head above to see Eddie still soundly sleeping. Awww he's so cu-...uh never mind. Hearing my tummy growl I wipe the blush off my face searching for food. I dig through Tory's bags and find a Butterfinger. Opening it I take a bite and think about why Me and Eddie got to sleep in.

I walk back over to my bunk and sit down. I know Tory's planning something. I just don't know what. Munching upon my Butterfinger I look at Eddie's drawing book again. He really is very talented. I see one drawing of two boys smiling. The taller one is giving the shorter one a noogie. Perhaps these are his friends Jake and Anthony. They look like nice kids and I can see why Eddie's their friend.

Again I peek at Eddie. He's twisted in his sheet with a troubled look upon his face. His right hand is bunching some of his beautiful caramel hair while the other is under the pillow. Then taking a closer look at his face I see his mouth slightly open. To my knowledge I can see a clear wet substance under his mouth...oh my. Haha! Aww that's so cute he drools! I giggled and upon my doing so, his eyes snap open!

"Ahh! Eddie, don't do that."

"Why were you staring at me?"

"*blush* I...I was just seeing if you were awake."

"Oh...*yawn* what time is it?"

"9:57am. We got to sleep in."

"Why?"

"I don't know...but I think Tory is planning something? Want some?"

"Hmm? You're offering some of your Butterfinger to me? Sure."

"Ya know Eddie...you drool."

"I do not!" he scoffed.

"It's on your pillow if you don't believe me."

"Grr. shut up. At least i don't talk in my sleep."

"What did you hear?!" I blushed.

"Haha! Oh this and that."

"Eddie if you repeat what you hear to ANYONE. I'll kill you."

"Mmhmm, sure. Now C'mon. Lets go get Tory."

My face is still scarlet red when he takes his shirt off to put a clean one on. Gah! Don't stare Rory! Just go get dressed. I walk into the bathroom putting on a black tank top with a red stripe and blue ripped jeans. I then brushed my hair and my teeth. Putting a dash of onyx black eyeliner on I walk out slipping on my red socks and black Converse.
As I spray myself with body spray and I see Eddie tying his gray Converse. He is wearing a gray wife beater (HATE THAT NAME!) and some blue jean shorts. He smiles at me and flips his hair.

"Well, I'm ready. You?"

"Mmhmm...yeah."

"Cool, lets go."

We walk out and head to the cafeteria. Peering inside we see no one. Heading down to the archery arena I hear shouting and yelling. Eddie and I run up the hill to find everyone coming back dripping wet with swimsuits and towels.

"I see you too are up now."

"Tory where were you guys? The pool is the other direction."

"Well Rory, since you and Ed here sneaked out to swim last night Kelly and I decided to take these kids to the beach."

"YEAH! We tubed and swam. Then jumped off a swinging rope. It was soo fun!"

"You guys missed out."

"There you have it Rory. You and Ed missed out.

"YOU GUYS SUCK!" I shouted/

I stomped off. Uhg I hate Tory! She didn't want to trick me she wanted me to be pissed off. Hearing Eddie approach me I decided to lead him to the horse stalls. Maybe Layla will let us ride them.

"Rory...sorry you missed that."

"Well, it was my idea to sneak out so..."

"I promise the next time we see each other I'll take you tubing on my dad's boat. And then we can swing from ropes too. Okay?"

"Sounds great Eddie. Thanks."

"So where we going."

"To ride the ponies."

Arriving upon the barn I see Layla brushing a pretty white horse. It's skin looks so smooth and the mane looks like silk!

"Hey Layla."

"Oh I Rory, Eddie. What are you two doing?"

"Tory pissed me off. Can Eddie and I ride the ponies?"

"Haha ok. Rory you can have Necromancer and Eddie can have Phoenix."

Necromancer was a pretty pure coal black horse. All of him was just a black abyss and looking upon his shiny black eyes you could tell he just wanted to be wild. I think I loved him. Phoenix was a pretty stormy gray color. Her eyes reflected a thunder storm waiting to happen. I think Eddie was pretty impressed. We got on and took off at an easy pace just as Layla instructed. As soon as we got on the trail the beast were unleashed. Necromancer and Phoenix dashed off racing each other. All the while Eddie and I were having a blast!

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!"

"Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw!"

"Oh come one Eddie. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!"

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!!!"

"There you go!"

Necromancer and Phoenix eventually tired down and let Eddie and I enjoy the ride. The scenery was beautiful and the trees were so green. Riding along Eddie and I barley talked. A comfortable silence that was peaceful and happy. We stopped at a clearing and let the horses rest. Since there was a tiny stream, Eddie, Necromancer, Phoenix and I all took drinks. We fed the horses some apples and then the horses laid down to take a nap.
Eddie put down a blanket and we laid down watching the clouds. As a gentile breeze blew and the birds shut up all was calm. Then I felt someone move. Eddie smiled down at me and laced his fingers with mine. It was pure bliss.

EDDIE'S P.O.V.

Grabbing Rory's hand I felt she was happy. I do admit this was a great idea. Just to be out here and relax. I enjoyed Rory's company, it made me feel calm. After I met her when I went home I was more cautious and jumpy. At Halloween I got scared...by Anthony. It was pretty humiliating.

I guess the breeze was a little chilly for Rory because she snuggles up to me a little more. Ah well, I don't care. I put a piece of hair behind her ear and she laughed. Music to my ears. I will admit now that I like Rory. A lot. Very much a lot. But she only thinks of me as her best friend. Hell I'm her only friend besides her mom and those books. I suppose that's enough for now.

I know it's selfish for me to say but I am kinda glad that no on talks to her. If they did she might not like me anymore...or a guy could come along and she'd like him. Eddie James is greedy. Honestly I am. I feel like Rory isn't good enough for them. That Laura chick can take all the guys and friends. Rory has me and maybe that's enough. But who am I fooling. I know that isn't enough. I want her to have friends and a life. But I can't bare the thought of losing her to a loser guy who'll hurt her.

We got up and rode Necromancer and Phoenix back to Layla and thanked her for letting us ride them. As we left she said we were gone so long that it was already 7:00pm. Rory and I ran back to the cabin to get ready for the dance. I've been dreading this thing ever since I read about it.

I shuffled through my close and got out a nice black wife beater and some ripped jeans. Putting on those I ran my hands though my hair giving it a some-what neat look to it. I put my gray Converse back on and waited for Rory. At 7:57pm Rory emerged from the bathroom. And I think my mouth fell open because she laughed at me.

Rory was wearing a little white tank top with a black halter top over it, a hot pink skirt and black leggings underneath. She curled her hair a bit and slipped on a white beanie and put on white Converse. She had black eyeliner on and sprayed that body spray stuff she has. Yum. Smiling at me she asked if I was ready. Slipping on a white button up long sleeved shirt and leaving it unbuttoned we walked out heading to the dance hall. Walking along we saw a purple bus stop and a lot of boys got off and started to walk in. I saw some of the guys look at us and I glared. They just scowled and walked in. When Rory and I walked in Ms. New Booty was playing and I think I heard Rory growl.

"I should of known they'd play gay sings..."

"Yeah...lets go beat the DJ up."

"I have a better idea. Hey Kelly."

"Oh...what do you two want."

"Well, Eddie and I figured you hated this music almost as much as we do...so we were wondering if you wanted to DJ this dance better."

"Hah...only if I get 5 dollars."

"Grrr fine here."

"Well, off I go. Tootles."

Kelly walked off and just like that Fergalicious tuned off and all the girls screamed.

"LIKE OMG!"

"WHAT THE HELL?"

"No fair!"

"Oi! Pipe down! This here dance is gonna have god music. No rap crap got it? Deal with it or leave."

I saw the girls continue dancing with their boy toy's. I'm glad Rory never acted like this around me. Kelly put on Face Down by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. And Rory took off like a a party animal. Lots of people danced and lights flashed. Dare I say it but it was kind of fun. The song All The Same by Sick Puppies came on and I could tell people were gonna be partnering up. I looked at Rory and she smiled and grabbed my hands.

"Alright kiddies, this is the last song for the night so grab someone special and dance your hearts away."

Gee thanks Kelly. I rolled my eyes and Rory looked down and I saw her blush a bit. I had my arms on her waist and her arms were on my shoulders. I put my head on he head as she leaned on my chest.

"You know Eddie...this is the last time we'll see each other."

"Rory, don't say stuff like that."

"Well, it's true. I can't come back next year and neither so you."

"Rory...I know we'll never see each other again..."

"That's OK Eddie. As long as you promise and really promise me that we'll still stay friends it's OK. And I wont be sad."

"So you'll be happy?"

"Haha, no I mean I wont beat myself up over it. And who knows maybe I'll make friends."

"Yeah but still. I'll miss you."

"Me to Eddie...me too."

I saw she still wore the bracelet I had gotten her when I first came here. We had so many adventures. We caused trouble and I can still remember how she sneaked her way into Layla's office to persuade her into letting me stay. She was a good friend. And I hate that we'll never see each other again. I know I'll remember her. I could never forget Rory. And just to make sure she'd never forget me...I kissed her.

It was a light kiss and her lips were soft. She gasped but I kept my mouth on hers. She smiled and kissed back. When it ended a minuet later she smiled at me and hugged me. That kiss was...amazingly perfect.
Sick Puppies ended and everyone separated. Then out of no where Kelly's voice boomed,

"JUST KIDDING KIDS! DJ Kelly would never make a slow dance be the final one. Party hard for this song and I'll miss you twits."

Kill Hannah's Lips Like Morphine Blasted through the speakers and lots of girls rolled their eyes. Boys stood back a bit and I saw Rory's eyes sparkle. She got up and started two-stepping and singing very loudly. Twisting and jumping I could tell she loved this song. I saw Kelly up on the DJ booth and she winked at me.
This song was meant for me because she saw Rory and I kiss. In a way Rory's lips were like morphine it was pretty breathtaking. By the end of the song I saw Rory out of breath, smiling and laughing.

"That was crazy fun!"

"You looked like you had a great time."

"Haha, yeah. That kiss of yours drugged me or something. I felt so...alive?"

"Well it was something. C'mon Rory, I'm kinda tired." I yawned

We walked back to the cabin in a nice silence with laced hands. As I climbed in my bunk to sleep I saw Rory shake her wet hair from her shower. She crawled into her bed and we said goodnight.

NEXTDAYNEXTDAYNEXTDAYNEXTDAYNEXTDAYNEXTDAYNEXTDAYNEXTDAYNEXTDAY
3rd person p.o.v.

A girl and boy waited in the front of the camp to be picked up. Rory would be picked up and whisked away to Wisconsin to start 8th grade and Eddie would be heading back to start 9th grade. His first year of high school. Both were sad. The boy tried desperately to stop the girl's tears from falling. As Eddie's dad pulled up and honked Eddie gave the girl a quick peck as a last effort to make her smile. And to remember her soft angel lips. She smiled and they hugged. With Eddie leaving Rory tried to remember his face. So she might be able to see him in her dreams.

Rory's mom came an hour later and asked if her daughter was sad about leaving. Sighing she answered with "more than you'll ever know." but smiled at the thought of Eddie's lips. This girl knows that she wont see her boy again. And her boy new he'd never see his girl again. Remembering their last moments together, they realized they'd never be fully complete, but it's a small price to pay because with that knowledge they knew. The girl and boy new that they'd be bestest friends...forever.

Even though they might not know this. Their friend fate thinks it isn't fair to let them be apart. So soon she's planning with her friend Cupid a chancer for an old Thistles promise to bloom brightly once more. All in due time, Rory and Eddie shall meet again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
Thoughts?
Criticism?
//KillJayme\\