Status: Indefinite hiatus because Dee's account was deleted.

Half in Love

Explanations.

I rubbed the back of my neck uneasily.
"Erm, well the girl is my ahem..girlfriend," I paused, and upon seeing Audrey's expression I struggled to explain myself. "People say she's no good for me though, she 'cheats on me' and uhm I guess that guy was proof.." I couldn't go on then, I had never wanted to believe that Elizabeth could have done that, but it was right in front of me. Gazing into my glass I saw my swollen reflection grimacing up at me.

I looked back at Audrey, her eyes were still glazed over, she almost seemed frozen. Her friend, I hadn't caught his name, waved his hand in her face, calling her back to reality. He started talking to her.
"You really are drunk love," he smiled, a wide grin that showed he was friendly. Or an incredibly good actor.
"I am not!" Squealed Audrey, forgetting her frozen stare as she laughed, waving her arms. She nearly knocked over her glass.

Then everything quietened and Audrey looked to me.
"So..she was cheating on you?" Curiosity soaked her voice. I nodded.
"Apparently she cheats on me all the time, I didn't want to believe it though," I sighed, returning my attention to my drink.
"I'm sorry man," muttered Audrey's friend, I just shrugged a dull throbbing coming from my face. I groaned and intertwined my fingers together.

"So..." I mumbled, trying to steer the conversation away from my girlfriend.
"So are you gonna dump her?" Interjected the a-bit-more-then-tipsy Audrey. I looked at her eyes wide.
"How could I? A guy like me doesn't get a girl like that over night. It took me months to get her, how could I let her go over this?" I rambled, my voice cracking slightly.
"You have to! She cheated on you!" Yelled Audrey, earning a few glances from the late eating people around us. I sunk down in my seat.

"I think I need to think a few things over, I'll text you or something." I stated simply, easing past the others in the booth, waving goodbye as I left. The two put their heads together and began whispering. If I had been in a better mood, I would have made a sarcastic comment of some sort. But I just couldn't.

It was fairly dark, the street lights lit my way home as I wandered along the dark street. Eventually I reached my block of flats and began to wander up the stairs. It had taken me fifteen minutes to walk home, and with a glance at the screen of my phone I saw it was a little past two AM. No wonder I was so bloody tired. Creaking the door of my flat open I walked down the hall, no lights were on, no Elizabeth was here. It felt slightly empty.

Without a second glance at the rest of my home I walked into my bedroom and crashed on the bed. The comforters and pillows were pretty messed up already but that didn't stop me. I kicked off my jeans and shirt and crawled under the covers.

An hour passed and Audrey was still on my mind. Groaning, I leaned over and picked my phone up, I wanted to talk to her but couldn't handle talking to her drunk. So I sent her a text;
'Hey, its Ash hope I didn't wake you. U alrite? :)' It was the simplest thing in the world, and yet it was a conversation starter. I pressed send and waited. A few moments passed before my phone vibrated.
'1 New message from;
Audrey'.

I grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update! I'm glad I could get this done, even if it is a little long. I hope you guys like it. I was so close to backspacing my whole chapter when I copied it from notepad. I pressed ctrl+z just in time though ;)

Dee; x