Status: Active, update every few weeks busy with art school so post when I can

To Remember Me Is to Remember Us

001

Sound, that was all she really heard at first. Or maybe it was the buzzing noise that grew into sound that she heard. She really wasn’t sure. As the sound became more focused voices she slowly opened her eyes to reveal fuzzy white light that soon cleared up as she found herself looking at a white wall or maybe it was a ceiling. She was confused; it was as if she had lost all connection of self and things that surrounded her.

“Ah there she is,” she heard a voice say.

Looking to her left or was it her right, she saw a tall white male standing over her. Who is this guy? She thought as she looked at him. Her mind was jumbled she didn’t know where she was and what she was doing there.

“Who are you,” she finally found her voice. Wondering why she was in this strange room with a person she didn’t know. She was starting to get uneasy, but she capped it under control before she freaked out.

The man just smiled down at her, “I’m Dr. Brown,” he introduced himself.

She looked around the room to notice two black women standing off to the side and a black male just behind them. Curiosity getting the best of her she asked, “Where am I?”

The doctor looked down at her with a frown, “My dear you’re in a hospital.”

“Oh,” was the only thing that could come to her mouth. She didn’t know what a hospital was. She was going to ask him, but the moment of the people caught her attention and so she asked the doctor, “Dr. Brown, who are these people,” she asked slowly as she took them all in. She noticed that they were looking at her and it was starting to scare her.

The doctors frown increased, but he answered her question anyway, “They are your family,” he told her.

“Family,” she asked back with a crease in her forehead.

Not liking the way things were going the doctor asked, “Can you look at me please,” as he waited for her to face him he questioned, “Do you know who you are?”

She opened her mouth to answer, but nothing came out. She sat up in the bed as she frantically searched her brain for an answer. As her mind came blank she looked up at the doctor with tear filled eyes and said, “I don’t know,” before she collapsed back onto the bed in a faint.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story let me know if you like it or not.

Queenie