Status: Active, update every few weeks busy with art school so post when I can

To Remember Me Is to Remember Us

011

“Welcome home,” Mena heard as she stepped through the door that Zacky had opened for her. As she looked into the living room of the house she saw lots of people cheering and clapping as she came fully into the room. In shock she took a step back only to bump into Zacky who was carrying Zayah in his car seat.

“It’s okay,” he whispered into her ear as he grabbed her hand in his free one and finished taking her into the living room where she was greeted by everyone.

She didn’t get the chance to watch Zacky set their son down and take him out of his car seat and watched him being passed around as well. Everything was so overwhelming. So many faces. She felt bad for not remembering them, for forgetting people that she had laughed and joked with. Knowing that at some point of her life she was their friend and they were hers.

As more and more people introduced themselves Mena got a glimpse of a pair of familiar green and she felt really happy inside. Like she had found her long lost friend who finally returned from a long trip, “Matty Pooh,” she yelled and everyone stopped what they were doing.

All eyes were on her and she felt like she had done something wrong when the person with the familiar green eyes broke from the edge of the crowd and came her way. He had a big grin on his face when he got face to face with her, “Meany Mena,” he said before he engulfed her in a bone crushing hug. The embrace felt so good and images of forgotten memeories flashed through her head.

People started to crowd her again and started to ask questions. Do you remember anyone else? Can you remember anything at all? See if you can remember more and so on. She was starting to get dizzy from the force of her mind trying to capture the missing fragments of her memory and from everyone bombarding her.

It felt like forever before Zacky came to her rescue and she was allowed to just seat down and rest. She sat in a chair and smiled at Zayah who was finally given a chance to get on the floor and play. She watched him with a smile on her face as his older cousins dotted on him. He was balancing himself on the coffee table when he looked at her and bounced up and down happily.

“Mama,” he said as he started to teeter over to her.

Once he was in front of her she picked him up and sat him settled him on her lap. Her last few days in the hospital she wasn’t really able to hold him especially with his new found family. Holding her son and looking around at some of the antics going on Mena really didn’t expect the shock of what happened next when Zayah pulled down her shirt and bra and latched on to her nipple.

She heard a few gasp from some of the people and she felt her face heat up, “I’m so sorry,” she gushed out as she looked for something to cover her nursing son with. Out of the blue a small throw was given to her and she covered Zayah as he nursed. She hadn’t been able to nurse him as well.

“Well at least we know he takes after his father. Just like Zacky going around, pulling down girls’ shirts so he can latch on,” said one of Zacky’s friends who she learned was Jimmy. People laughed and Mena felt her face heat even more, “Dude we finally got to see her rake. By the way they’re gorgeous.”

“Thanks,” Mena asked as he face heated even more. Feeling movement she looked at her son who was pulling the cover off of him. Once he had it off his face he went back to nursing. Not wanting to give some of the onlookers another peep show she adjusted him to a better position.

“Hey guys no more looking or making comments,” Zacky said as he slapped some of them on the back head.

After everything calmed down Mena looked at the people that surrounded her. She could tell that there was so much love and joy. She wondered to herself how she could forget something like this even of it was for a moment. She knew that she was going to have to get her memory back and fast. She wanted to be a part of this again. a part of something that she never felt with her own family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey people sorry for the long wait, but I am working on updates. I just started school again for my second BA in Studio Art and this is my second day and Imay have to quite my new job that I started on Monday as well. I just started school Monday and I am already have a butt load of homework to due, but of courseit's not called homework more like projects. yeah so it will be fun. Updates will be slower, but I will try my hardest to update at least one of my stories a week. So every week it may switch off bewteen this one and Red.

Once again sorry and I hope you enjoy.

Queenie

P.S. This Chapter is for Jimmy. He IS my favorite all time drummer. He was in my generation and I am so happy to know what we the peopel in our 20's are able to say that we had someone as talents as him with us.