Status: Active, update every few weeks busy with art school so post when I can

To Remember Me Is to Remember Us

008

All was quiet in the waiting room as a very large group of family and friends where at the hospital. As Zacky looked at Mena’s family he was able to tell that they were beyond scared, but when he had asked Kayla what she meant when she came to her sister’s aid their mother blow up and started yelling at him. So, here they were a divided wall.

Letting out a sigh he looked over and saw that Megan, Mena’s best friend and cousin was staring at him. It had been a long time since he talked to or seen her, but he could tell by looking at her that she wanted to burst and tell him something, but as she looked around and to her aunt she just shook her head and turned away from him.

Taking his eyes off of Megan he looked around the room and spotted Kayla holding Mena’s son or should he say their son. As he looked into the little boy’s tear filled face he saw himself reflected there not only in the eyes, but the shape of the nose and mouth and the roundness of the face. Wanting to comfort his son he got up from his seat and walked over to Kayla and his son, “May I hold him,” he asked and Kayla looked up at him.

“I don’t think so,” she told him with a hint of hatred on her face.

Not liking her answer he said, “He’s my kid and by law I can take him. So, either you can hand him over or I can call the cops,” he was still feeling malice and didn’t care. He had a son he had never seen or met and he wasn’t about to be denied for another second for just doing that.

Not waiting for her to answer he held out his arms and Zayah readily reached back out to him allowing Zacky to pick him up. Once in his arms Zayah stopped the crying that he had been doing for the past half hour that they have been waiting for news, “Hey buddy,” Zacky said to him as he wiped away the remaining tears from Zayah’s chubby cheeks. Zayah let out a shuddering breath before he leaned down on his father’s shoulder for the first time and fell asleep.

Val smiled at them a smile that was mixed with both happiness and sadness. Happiness at the fact that Zayah was Zacky’s therefore theirs as well and sad at the fact that it was kept from them for so long, “He’s sleeping,” she told Zacky as he walked back over to their side of the waiting room.

Shifting the baby so that he was laid across his lap Zacky looked down at him. The baby really did look like him and just having him in his arms allowed Zacky to let go of some of the anger that was still flowing through him. He was still admiring his son when he heard Megan’s voice.

“I can’t take this,” she sad as she got up and started to pace.

“Megan,” Mena’s mother said in a commanding voice.

“What Auntie Lisa,” she replied in a condescending voice. Looking at her aunt she said, “Maybe you should tell them.”

Zacky and his family and friends all looked over at the two women, “Them us what,” Zacky asked.

“Nothing,” Lisa, Mena’s mother said. She turned her face away from them all.

“Tell them or I will,” Megan said as her voice rose. She wasn’t playing around they needed to know what was wrong with Mena before the doctor came, but just her luck the doctor was in the room now. Letting out at sigh of frustration when she heard the female voice of the doctor, she knew that she had lost her chance of fixing a wrong.

“Are you all the family of Mena Williams,” the small white woman asked. She heard yes’s and no’s and raised a dark colored eyebrow. She took in the large group on one side there was a group of blacks from various shades of caramel to dark brown skin and when she looked to the other she saw heavily tattooed white men along with white women most of the looked like the rockfish type, but the one thing that caught her eye was the mixed looking baby being held in one of the men’s arms. Seeing that, she could tell that this was a family problem that seemed to be split race and other things.

Not wanting to get in the middle she did what she thought was best and looked at the man with the baby, “Are you her husband sir,” she asked.

“Yes, I’m Zacky Baker,” Zacky said as he stood up and walked over to the doctor, “So what’s the news,” he asked. Out of the corner of his eye he could see Mena’s mother being quietly held back by her husband.

“Well, Mr. Baker I really can’t say. It all depends on her. Since she has had head trauma before and that resulted in her having amnesia we are not sure if…”

“Wow, wow, wow, back up again,” Zacky asked when the word amnesia was said.

“Amnesia, we’re not sure is it will be worse, better, or the same,” the doctor told him.

Anger grew inside of his chest as he turned his eyes to Mena’s family. Turning back to the doctor he asked, “How long as she had amnesia?”

“According to the information I read on her for about 20 months give or take,” she answered him. Not wanting to prolong things she said, “We will be giving her brain scans to come compare them to her old ones. Sometimes when a person has repeated head trauma it can make things worse for them. I will let you all know when you can see her and give you the results of the tests. I just wanted to give you all an update. She’d stable, but like I said before it’s all on her,” with that she left the waiting room and knew that from the looks of that group this hospital was going to be in an uproar.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating on Sunday, but here it is. I hope that it was good for you to read.

Also, if people would like to do banners I would love them. I'm not good at them so if ya'll like to do some that would be awesome.

Thanks for reading and whatnot.

Love,
Queenie