Status: I'll update fairly regularly.

Home Stay.

Chapter Four

Jennifer’s P.O.V
(two weeks later)

“Its really no Hassel Jennifer, your never any problems.” Mrs. Barker insisted while packing her daughters school lunches.

“No.” I objected a tad hasher than had I meant too.

I’d really had enough of her and her families’ kindness throughout this whole mess, she wouldn’t even let me pay rent. Mrs. Barker said that all I needed to do was watch the kids whenever she and Mr. Barker went for a night out, which was hardly ever anyway.

I now had a job at Walmart, sure it’s not a glamorous one, but the pay was enough for board and since Mrs. Barker wouldn’t let me pay at sixteen, I’d have to search elsewhere.

Mrs. Barker exhaled loudly in a sigh.
“Well, alright. Just make sure you visit okay?” She looked at me for any sign of agreement.

I really did feel sorry for leaving her. We had become so close, but in my gut I knew I’d have to do this eventually, and doing it now would be a whole lot easier than later.

“I’ll always make time for Keira and Chloe.” I said smiling.

--

After many hours of trying to jam all my gear inside a couple of second hand travel bags, I went downstairs for my final goodbyes.

Cloe was 13 and happily eating her morning cereal in her school uniform like every other day, on her favourite pink wheely cheer next to the breakfast bar, my leaving didn’t look as if it bothered her greatly, though I had told her I would make an enough to spend time with her and her sister and she was a girl who never forgot these things.

Keira, at only 5 didn’t quite understand what was happening, but she knew I wouldn’t be able to kiss her goodnight or make my famous scrambled eggs every Saturday.

Pools of tears swam in her towering hazel eyes. She stood there by the door as if she were going to block my escape. I gave her the biggest hug I could possibly give and painfully left their presence with Mr. Barker and a big black umbrella protecting us from the heavy rain.
Mr. Barker helped heave my bags into the yellow taxi and generously paid the Indian taxi driver before hand.

“You didn’t have to do that.” I sighed. Just another few twenty-dollar bills they could’ve spent on something they needed.

“I know, but I wanted too.” He lightly chuckled, opening the backdoor for me.

“I’ll never forget your generosity.” I said solemnly, kissing his cheek.

“Goodbye Calvin.”

“Goodbye Jennifer.”

He spread a light smile in his face and headed back into the house.

I hopped into the car and shut the door behind me taking one last look back at the house, trying to memorize every detail in my mind. I saw the Barkers waving at the front window, I waved back trying my hardest to hold back the tears.

“Where too miss?”