Status: THANKS FOR THE 10 STARS! Like the new layout? ;]

Going Alone

o39.

“You’ve reached the voicemail box of Stud Master, aka, Alex. I can’t come to the phone right now, since I’m probably banging some really hot chick. Leave me a message!” I couldn’t help but smile at his voicemail.

“Hey, um, it’s me.” I looked around my living room, “I know you’re kind of really mad, but I just want you to know that I miss talking to you. Even though you don’t think that Marshall is yours, I at least want you to be at the hospital when he comes. Can you do that? Um, call me back.”

I put my phone quietly down on the dining room table. This whole Alex thing was stressing me out beyond belief. I couldn’t imagine not having Alex at the hospital when Marshall is coming. When he realizes that Marshall is his, and he wasn’t at the hospital, how would he feel? I had a week until my 8th month check up. It was nerve-wracking to know in 5 weeks this apartment would be fill of constant crying and dirty diapers.

My phone buzzed on the table and I picked it up, hoping that it was Alex. My smile fell a bit when it was only a text from Jack, but I read it anyways,

Do u know when your apt is?

I texted back quickly telling him it was Tuesday at 9am, wondering why he was so curious. A short minute later, I had my answer.

Ok I’ll meet you there

-------------------------------

“Hey, I’m going to be late on Tuesday, I have an appointment.” I greeted Mark when he walked into the office.

“Okay.” He smiled, “How is he?”

“Kicking me like crazy!” My eyes widened.

When I came back to work on the following Monday, Mark and I pretended like nothing happened. I finally sent the email that was bugging me all weekend and he approved some posters; typical stuff. The workload has picked up a bit, since it’s beginning to be February and Valentine’s day is just around the corner. The lovey dovey stuff was starting to get to me.

“Well, just wait till he’s out of you.” Mark laughed, “My two year old wont shut up or sit down!”

------------------

“Are we still on for Dinner and Dexter?” Jack asked.

“Can Zack and Rian make it this time?” I countered, stirring the organic spaghetti.

“Yes.” Jack groaned, “Oh, I have to go, my phone’s going to die soon. We’ll see you in 20.”

The 20 minutes went by quickly. My spaghetti was just barely finished before Jack busted through the door, Zack and Rian in tow. Zack threw down the two DVD cases on my couch before running to my dining room table and plating a third of the meal I slaved so hard over.

“Hey, save some for the pregnant lady!” Rian smacked Zack.

“I haven’t eaten since noon!” Zack mumbled, sucking in a gulp of air to try and cool off the food that was already in his mouth.

“That’s only like five hours ago.” Jack looked stupid.

“Wow! You can tell time!” I smiled, patting him on the shoulder.

“I practiced all this afternoon, Mommy!” Jack clenched his hands together and shrugged his shoulders cutely.

“You are so freaking weird.” Rian rolled his eyes at our antics before grabbing his fair share of the steaming hot food.

-----------------

“No way!” Zack shouted, “It cannot end there!”

“Zack, I’m hella freaking tired.” I yawned, placing the disk in it’s case.

“Please, one more episode?”

“Next Wednesday.” I smiled at him, giving Rian the DVD’s back.

“Do you want us to help clean up?” Jack offered.

“No.” I sighed, looking at the mess of my living room.

There were candy wrappers and plates everywhere. A few crusts from the garlic bread were laying around and Jack accidentally spilled some tomato sauce on the carpet. My kitchen was no exception, there were dirty pots and pans stacked high in the sink. The trash was overflowing from a week of neglecting it, as well as the recycle.

“I go in late tomorrow.” I explained.

“Okay, well, I’ll call you tomorrow then.” Jack smiled, kissing the top of my head.

“Bye guys.” I smiled and waved at Rian and Zack.

I followed them to my front door, closing it when they all left. I heard Zack make a comment, then someone hit him. I laughed, leaning against the door. My phone buzzed in my pocket when I was walking into the kitchen with all the plates, and I struggled to get it out.

“Hello?”

“Mae?” Alex croaked.

“Alex?” I asked, dumping all the dishes on my counter.

“Uh, yeah.” He sounded awful, “Can I come over?”

My fatigue was quickly disappearing, “Yeah, sure. I’ll be waiting.”
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN DUN!

That's all I have to say :]
Except for thanks for all the comments...
I think that's it.