Status: Completed!

Living with a Heartache

Chapter Two: Thinking back

Alexa’s POV

There was that awkward silence again. It was like the first day of High School, when we were first assigned to sit together. I’m not a very open person, I don’t talk unless I’m directly addressed, maybe that’s why I’m invisible in school.

Brian was the guy who everyone wanted to lay their hands on. Perverted or non-perverted way, it was still the same. I was always the one who was known as ‘the girl who sat next to Brian’, often also named ‘slut’, ‘bitch’ by some of many crushes he had. I don’t think I’m a sex-craving girl or someone who would crush your ego if you didn’t have the Newest Fashion whatever from Victoria’s Underwear or whatever the place is. I’m a more Converse with Jeans and Shirt thing. I didn’t just blend in; I blended in so well that I’m invisible. Having a tough-façade is the only way to escape my social poverty.

I guess Brian wasn’t that kind of guy. Yes, he was good-looking; with that half-spiky kind of hair. That’s all I can say about him now because I’m usually stuck at the back of someone looking at their hair, and not their face. But now I had all the time in the world to admire his hair, or maybe pull some out even.

Don’t I sound like a sick, sick pervert? And I don’t even like the guy, I like someone else.

Brian’s POV

She was never a talker, I can admit. We only started talking 3 weeks into sitting together. But she proved to be a hell of a talker; she could range from innocent subjects like Math Questions and go hardcore into sick jokes that surpassed what I thought was the girl-limit of sick, twisted jokes. Also, her in between would be the usual gossip, and music.

I also know she never looks any guys in the eye. I guess she has personal space issues. When we sat together, I was the one with more friends, while she always hung out with those wacky girls in my class who made fun of Korean Boy stars and Miley Cyrus. There was that one time, where she went up on stage to do a song. But no one talks about that anymore, not that it was bad or anything. It was good, but as I said, she never was a talker, and maybe also a bit socially disadvantaged. Since there has been an on-going hatred going on between the class-bitch Kelsey.

She made me hate Kelsey. Okay, half of the class hated Kelsey, but probably not as much as Alex did. As a guy, I had no rights to poke my head through the girl to girl barrier, but I do know that Kelsey was 10 times worse than Alex. They say it’s always fair in love and war; well it’s also always fair in popularity and first impressions. And I also know that there was a fair amount of bitching going on between the Kelsey and Alex barrier.

I wonder why they say it’s so tough being a girl. It’s so easy, unlike when you’re a guy like me. All you have to do is keep quiet and say an occasional witty and insulting reply- which is so boring.

“So… you’re parents are… professors?” Alex started, slowly.

“Yeah. History professors,” I replied, looking at her.

She made a clicking sound with her tongue and gave me a knowingly look.
“No wonder you get As for your History,” she murmured. I smirked. I looked around the room and realized that there was an extra bed away from the window.

“Is that mine?”
“Mmhmm,” she answered as I dragged my suitcase to my bed.

“I’ll bet you 5 dollars if you leave in a week,” Alex suddenly said. I turned my head slowly and saw her sitting cross-legged on her bed in her shorts and her purple shirt and looking at me. Was that a dare?

“I’ll bet you 10 if I stay till my parents get back,” I challenged. She lifted her eyebrows and stared at me from under her bangs.

“Deal,” she replied confidently, then smiling at me cheekily as she walked over and opened the drawers and cupboards signaling that was where my clothes would go too. Then she grabbed her guitar, and went out of the room.

Alexa’s POV

Hahaha… I have 5 dollars, 5 dollars!!!

I finally got a look at Brian’s face in like 2 years. I realized that apart from that stupid smirk that he always had on, he had brown eyes and toned arms, for a 17 year old. Blah, I hate his nerves. If he were an ugly ass, I’d hate him even more.

Now I have to share my room with him! What’s next?