Status: Completed!

Living with a Heartache

Chapter Twenty-Seven: Assault

Brian’s POV

I woke into a coughing spit and found myself on the cold ground with my hands and legs bound together with nylon rope. I looked around, the sky was a dark blue already and everything had faded to a motley shade of black. I looked up and saw that I was lying in the middle of two brick walls, it was relatively clean and there were a few pathetic light bulbs hanging on the wall- giving the alley an eerie glow. I heard a slight shift of something hard against the hard gravel floor and I shot up from my fetal position. I glanced furtively around, trying to adjust to the dimness.

“Brian,” came a hoarse whisper so low that if there were cars passing by I wouldn’t have heard it all. I heard more shifting of that item against the floor. I strained my eyes against the darkness, and I saw a red splash in contrast with the surrounding darkness.

“Alex?” I rasped, in attempt to lower my sore voice. I looked at her, she looked like a wreck. Her hair had escaped the firm locks they were once in and stray strands hung all over the place. I saw the slight patches of dirt and bruises as they were layered over the area over her chest which was uncovered by the dress. She eyes me wearily, the panic still evident in her eyes.

“I’m sorry, are you okay?” she whispered as she arched her back to look at me. I saw that her hands and legs were bound to the chair she was in and her legs were red with rope burns which I assumed was from the struggling.

“I’m fine, just a little sore- look we need to get out of here,” I whispered when suddenly a looming figure cut me off. He was large and had a round belly, and he stank of alcohol. He pushed his bushy face near Alex’s face as he inspected her. I saw Alex wince and shudder from where I was and pushing herself against the back of the chair.

I growled in anger as the man placed a stubby finger against Alex’s cheek and she flinched away from it violently, her eyes clouded with fear as tears threatened to spill out.

“Ooo, she’s a stubborn one David. But she is a little cutie, let’s have some fun with her before we get rid of her like Harry told us too,” he slurred as he stumbled slightly from where he was standing. Drunk bastards. As if on cue, another man, a scrawnier version of a hermit stumbled out into the light as he gave me a rough kick in the shin. I glared at him as he gave me a goofy smirk and adverted his gaze towards Alex. Frustration and anger burned through me as I struggled to loosen the knots I was in, I caught Alex’s gaze as she looked at me in fright and I tried to coax her with frantic movements of my eye.

David eyed Alex with trepidation as he smiled a sly and perverted smile and slurred in his drunkard way something that shook me to the bones.

“You’re right Bob, let’s play with the little bitch.”

Alex’s POV

I tried to contain in the scream which trapped itself in my chest. Tears were gently pushing themselves from my eyes as I watched David and Bob approach me. I could smell the intoxicating smell of their alcohol breath as they looked at me with a scary glint in their eyes. My head throbbed from the blow I was given just now as I tried to struggle against my bonds.

I watched in fear as the men approached me nearer, I felt naked as a chilly wind brushed across my bare shoulders. David placed his grubby hands on my cheek as he started playing with strands of hair which hung loosely down my shoulder. I whimpered in fear as I couldn’t move, and his touch was strange and disgusting.

“DON’T TOUCH HER!” shouted Brian from the ground as he struggled to get free. Both men abruptly left my side and showered Brian with forceful kicks and steps as I saw Brain bit down on his lip as hard as possible to contain the pain in. I felt the tears start to slip down my face as I saw him take in the abuse for me. I didn’t want him to get hurt, he has had enough already.

“PLEASE STOP, PLEASE,” I screamed from where I was I was desperately trying to untie the ropes behind me, desperately trying to find the knot which tied everything together. I heard one of the men scoff as Bob appeared by my side again, running a long and think finger across my bear shoulder, making me bit my lip as a tear slid down my face.

“Tell your boyfriend, if he makes another sound, I’ll push a glass bottle down his throat,” he muttered into my ear, loud enough for Brian to hear.

“Please Brian, don’t, please,” I sobbed as I tried to look for his green eyes, but I could see they were shrouded with anger and helplessness.

“Good girl,” David said as he returned to my side as he continued the assault. It was horrible and it made me feel disgusting. I felt a pair of my hands tracing small circles on my bare shoulders and neck while another pair of hands traced themselves slowly down my legs. I couldn’t help the sob that tore through my chest and it erupted from me like a violent ripping sound. I could barely hear the rustling of rope as Brian tried desperately to untie himself; I was silently trying to pry open the clumsily tied knots, all the while biting my lips and watch as the dirty men let their hands dance around my body.

Suddenly, I felt a lose knob of rope pass through my fingers. Gingerly, I quietly pulled on It and miraculously, much of the rope fell apart leaving only a simple reef knot. Hastily, I pulled open the knot and brought my hands in front of me, forcefully pushing both David and Bob violently away. I tried to slap their hands away, but they were quicker, as both of them grabbed my hands just in time.

“You bitch!” shouted Bob as he held my hands up. I watched him fearfully as he staggered unsteadily on his drunk feet.

“Get me that bottle David!” Bob shouted as David brought up a glass bottle which was once a used wine bottle. I backed away in fear, knowing that if I made a run for it they probably wouldn’t make it to me.

“You’ll pay for it you whore, you fucking idiotic retarded bitch,” David snarled as he brought the bottle high above me and I could only watch in fear as he forcefully brought the bottle down on my head. I heard a blood curling scream (which I made), and a loud shattering sound as a sharp pain flooded my head. It didn’t take long for the pain to seep in as I let my head fall backwards, and felt warm liquid trickling down my scalp. There was a buzzing sound around my ear as my vision started to get blurry. Suddenly, my vision was blurred with red liquid, and I tasted a familiar coppery taste in my mouth. Blood.

I faintly heard Brian shouting my name as I started to fall into a deep unconsciousness. But before that I felt another sharp blow to my right cheek as the chair I was on gave way and I felt a dull thud at the back of my head. I could barely feel the gravel floor now, but it was enough to know that I was on the floor.

“Dammit, I think we worked up that bitch. Let’s go in for another round or two before dealing with that son of a bitch on the floor,” I heard mumbling and shuffling and finally a bang of a door. I was barely there now, all I saw was the dark sky, and I felt my breathing slow into an unsteady rhythm as I struggled to suck in mouthfuls of oxygen.

I didn’t know how long I was in my sub conscious state, but suddenly I felt the cool air blow against my feet as I supposed the ropes were untied from them and I was lifted slightly off the ground onto something soft and bumpy.