Status: Done(:

I'm Feeling Love Sick But I Don't Mind

Ten.

Image

That night, we pretty much all settled in and unpacked and stuff. We haven't decided what we were going to do tomorrow, but Mom said we'll discuss that tomorrow. After I hung up on Tyler, he tried to call again like, five times but I didn't pick up because I didn't want to talk to him. So around 10:00 I layed in bed and texted Jacob since I haven't talked to him in what felt like forever.
Me: Hey. How's it going? I haven't talked to u in foreverrr.

While I wrote that, I debated whether I should tell him about Joe or not. He's my other best friend, but somehow or someway he'll snitch to Tyler. Also I decided I have to break up with him somehow...but how can I now that he says that he's 'in love' with me? I'd feel guilty, but will somehow forget about it.

Jacob: Hey! I know, it's kinda boring here w/o you. How's Texas?

Me: It's great. We just got here tonight and the house is like...amazing. But that's no surprise, right? (; What have you been up to? Not selling crack, right?

When I sent that, I looked up and saw Joe's bedroom door open. I couldn't see him, but I could see somewhat of his room. It was some shade of blue, and his bed was on the left side of the wall horizontally. There were some shoes and clothes scattered on the floor kind of, and some pictures on the wall. That's all I could see. Then my phone vibrated.

Jacob: Yepp. Makin' some $$$. Nah, jk. Pretty bored, actually. Whenever I hang with Ty he always has to SOMEHOW change the convo to about you. If i've been talkin to you or something. It's kinda pissin me off. But yeah, i might hang with Macy tomorrow or somethin.

Me: Oh. Sorry about that. Yeah Macy is prob bored too. But I need to talk to you about Tyler too.

Jacob: What is it?

Me: I have to break up with him.

Jacob: WHAT?! Why?! You can't do that!

This will take too long if I keep texting him, so I hit speed dial 4 and called Jacob. I got up and closed the door so Joe or no one will hear. If anyone does besides Nick or Kevin, it'll be so embarrassing. So I sat on my bed until he picked up.

"Abby?" Jacob answered.
"Hey," I whispered.
"What do you mean you have to break up with Tyler?!" He almost exclaimed.
"I just...I can't go out with him anymore. I know it'll be a little bad, but...it just has to happen. There's...someone else," I said quietly.
"Oh, yeah? Who?" He challenged.
"Um..." I looked down and studied the blanket. "Joe."
"WHAT?! JOE?! Ooh, Tyler will kill him! Wait, how can you like Joe?! I thought you hated him! But--"
"I already went through this with Macy!" I groaned.

So I explained everything, again to him. He started to understand, and said he wouldn't tell anyone, especially Tyler.
"When are you gonna break up with him?" He asked.
"Probably when I get home. 'Till then, I have to keep my feelings to myself," I explained quietly.
"Why are you being so quiet?"
"Why do you ask so many questions?" I snapped, at regular volume.
"Tooshay," He laughed. "Okay, well, I'll talk to you tomorrow, Abby. Stay out of trouble and don't have sex with any rock stars."
"Oh, darn," I laughed. "Okay, bye Jake."
"Bye."

When I hung up, I opened the door and crawled into bed. When I turned out the light and got settled, I noticed a pair of legs in the bed next door. I wondered what was on his mind. But before I could think about it too hard, I fell into a deep sleep.

"Abby, I'm in love with you," Joe said. We were on the beach, sitting on a blanket, watching the perfect sunset that reflected off the water. He held me tightly in his arms that kept me so warm.
"I love you, too, Joe," I said, meaning it. His head leaned down and his lips parted as they collided with mine. It was soft, meaning, and full of desire. But when I pulled away I saw Tyler's face instead of Joe. Before I knew it, my gasped and screamed, trying to pull away but he still held me with him.
"Don't leave me, babe," He said softly, holding me tighter.
"No! No! Stay away from me!" I shouted, trying harder to twist out of his grip.
"Abby?" Said a more familiar voice that made me heart scream. I turned my head and saw Joe standing there, confused and hurt.
"Joe!" I screamed, but Tyler knew I was too weak to get away.
"No, you can never see him again. Ever. You are mine, Abby. Mine," Tyler said, angrily, almost growled.
"No...no...you can't..." I said, breathing heavy.
"Abby? Abby! Are you okay?" Joe said.

I woke up with a gasp, sobbing. I was shaking, literally. My body was shaking. My eyes were wet, and my breathing was turned into sobbing. I touched the pillow, it was wet too. I looked around and saw a black figure by me. I gasped louder.
"No! Tyler!" I pulled the covers over my head and squeezed my eyes shut, thinking this was one of those dreams in a dream and I'll really wake up again.
"Tyler? It's Joe," He said. Oh. I lowered the blanket to my neck.
"Oh...sorry..." I sniffled, wiping my eyes.
"I woke up to go to the bathroom and I heard you crying and talking. You were saying something like 'love you' and 'No' and...." His voice trailed off.
"I said that? What else did I say?" I asked, confused. I didn't know I could talk in my sleep.
"You said...my name..." Joe explained.
"I-I did?" I felt my eyes grow big. "Oh...well...it was just a dream, anyway. It doesn't mean anything." Yes I did...
He nodded. "I just...wanted to make sure you were okay."
Then I remembered I was supposed to be hating Joe. Gosh, why do I keep forgetting that? "Why do you care? I'm having nightmares about your ugly face anyway." Ooh, good one.
I saw in the dark his lips form into a smile and his eyebrows raise. "Right. Okay. Goodnight, Abby." Joe got up and started to the door, then he paused and turned back around and came back to the foot of the bed. "Do you really think we're still at the 'I hate you' stage, Abby? Really? I thought we were past that now."
I didn't know how to respond to that. I just sniffled and wiped my eyes.
"I didn't think so either. Let's move on, shall we?" He said, going back across the hall.
"Goodnight, Joe." I said quietly.
"Goodnight."