Status: Done(:

I'm Feeling Love Sick But I Don't Mind

Seventeen.

Image

I woke up around 10 again, still in Joe's arms. I looked around, and we were in the backseat together while Nick was in the front with Kevin and Elvis was laid out on the floor in the backseat with Joe and I. I groaned and lifted up my legs, waking Elvis up, and lying myself out on the backseats, kicking my flip flops off. Nick turned around.
"Hey sleepy head," He smiled, I smiled weakly back at him, and yawned. "We're about to stop for breakfast soon."
"Okay," I rubbed my eyes, and looked up at Joe. He was still asleep, his head tilted back against the window. I smiled.
I laid my head on his chest and pulled my tote bag on my lap, searching for my phone. When I found it, I checked for messages. Just one from Macy, as always. So texted her until I felt Joe stir under my head and a groan.
"Abby, will you wake Joe up?" Kevin asked.
"No!" I snapped like a little kid not wanting to go take a nap.
"It's funny how, like, a week ago you'd be talking as loud as you could to wake Joe up and now--" Nick was saying until Kevin cut him off.
"Noo, let my baby sleep!" Kevin said, trying to imitate me or something in high pitch to sound like a girl.
"Do I really sound like that, Kevin?" I asked.
"Yes, you do, actually," He replied, I laughed. "Now, see if Joe is awake."
I looked up at Joe and sure enough, he was rubbing his eyes and let out a yawn.
"He's up," Nick said.
"Good."
We were pulling into a McDonald's again, and I sat up and quickly texted back to Macy.
"Okay, what does everyone want?" Kevin asked.
"Uh, another sausage McMuffin," Nick said.
"Um, a hash brown, I guess," I said.
"Another Big Mac," Joe said.
Kevin sighed and rolled his eyes, I laughed again. Then, Joe pulled me close to him and kissed my cheek.
"Morning," He said quietly. I smiled at him.
Suddenly, he leaned in close to me, but I pulled back.
"Abby," Joe said, his eyes pleading.
"Just wait, please? A few more days," I said to him.
"A few more days..." He repeated.
I nodded, he shrugged and extended his arm on the back of the seats and stroked my hair from behind. I don't know why, but I let out a giggle.
"That was you?" I asked Joe.
"What was me?" He asked, confused.
"When we were coming here, I'd fall asleep on Nick's shoulder and when I woke up I would feel my hair being stroked. It was you," I explained.
"Yeah, it was," He smiled sheepishly.
"Actually, I knew it was you. But I wanted to hear you admit it," I giggled.
Joe rolled his eyes jokingly.
"Well isn't he just a secret Romeo," Kevin said from the front, handing us our food. I took my hash browns and Joe took his Big Mac.

For the rest of the ride home, we all talked, Joe and I listened to my iPod, and texted, we stopped for gas a couple of times and Joe bought me a root beer at a gas station. And sometimes we tried to rest our eyes. Joe laid out in the backseat and me beside him, resting my head on his chest. It was all pretty nice and fun, but I wasn't ready to go home just yet. I wasn't ready to face Tyler yet...and Jacob...and all this drama that's going to beat me up sometime soon. But...all good things have to end, right?

We pulled into my house driveway at about 8:30 at night. We all got out and got out bags out. The first thing I did was go inside behind my dad and went straight to my room and set my bags down and take in the scenary I haven't seen for about a week. Then, I noticed something that needed to be changed. I went to my mirror that had a bunch of pictures of me and my friends all around it. I took all of the ones of Tyler and I down, then went to my nightstand and picked up a framed picture I had of him and I with him kissing my cheek. I quickly took it out of the frame and started ripping all of them up. Suddenly, I heard someone coming, but I didn't stop. Doing this made me feel so angry. Angry that I stayed with him...angry that he was probably going to do something to Joe...and angry that Jacob spilled something that he wasn't supposed to.
"Hey--Hey! What are you doing?" Joe asked.
I looked up at him, but he was already coming to me. He picked up one of the picture bits, but it was of me, he picked up another one, this one of Tyler. I didn't realize it until now, that I was tearing...realizing that made me start crying now. Joe pulled me into his arms and kissed my head.
"Wanna tell me what happened now?" He asked, I shook my head. "Please?"
I pulled my head up from his chest and rubbed my eyes. "He called me a couple of nights ago, yelling at me and asking about you and I because I told Jacob and Macy that I've had a crush on you since what feels like forever and I told Jacob sometime before that. And then, Tyler calls me yelling at me and then I tell him that I want to break up and he gets even more angry and now this is all making me angry and I don't know what to do because he's going to come and..." I realized I was rambling and needed to breathe.
"It's alright, it's alright," Joe soothed, rubbing his hands up and down my back. "Everything is going to be fine. If he comes, I'll take care of it and everything will just calm down."
I wrapped my arms around his waist and mumbled into his chest, "I love you."
Joe took my face in his hands and kissed my forehead. "I love you, too. Now don't cry, okay?" He rubbed my tears away with his thumbs.
I stifled out a laugh and nodded.
"Anyway, what I really came up here was that your Mom said that we could stay and exchange gifts so she wants you to come downstairs," He said, dropping his hands. I wish he hadn't.
I nodded. "Okay."
"But..."
"But?"
Joe leaned in closer to me. "My gift is coming tomorrow," He whispered.
That made a genuine smile come on my lips. "Okay," I whispered back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's a bit long.
Comment!