Status: Done(:

I'm Feeling Love Sick But I Don't Mind

Twenty.

Image

"Tyler did this to you? Tyler hit you? When?!" He asked, now holding me at shoulder's length.
"Today...like, ten minutes ago," I said, trying to control my voice from shaking so much. "We were at the park, because he came over and wanted to talk and I didn't want my parents to hear so we went to the park. He wanted to know why I broke up with him and I told him. That I didn't want to be with him, or take his crap, and that I don't love him. And then he...slapped me. He yelled at me and then just walked away."
He paused for a moment. I could tell that he was getting really angry and frustrated. That made me start crying all over again and fell back into arms, sobbing into his chest. "It scared me so bad, Joe. I don't know what to do!"
Joe just stood there for a moment, rubbing his hands up and down my back, soothing me. Then after a while, he said, "I do. I'm calling the police. I'm sure they'll teach him a lesson for a while." He let go of me, and went to the cordless phone on the night stand of his desk.
Tyler in jail? In prison? What will they do to him there? What if he tries to find a way out of it? It feels so weird seeing this part of him, what if this is a side of him I've never even seen? His face was so...horrifying. His eyes got so dark and his face got so tense. It made me shiver all over again. People will find out, that's for sure. But it's what's right. I'm not going to be one of those girls who her boyfriend (or ex-boyfriend, in this case) beats her and doesn't say anything about it. That's just stupid.
"I'll be right back," I said, then opened the door and walked to the bathroom across the hall, careful no one saw me.
Once I was in there, I shut the door and locked it. I turned and looked into the mirror to observe my face. There wasn't really a bruise, but just a small mark that I'm sure I could cover up with make up. Then, I glanced out the window that was on the wall. One of those small ones they put on the walls in bathrooms that's very pointless. But outside, down the street I saw someone walking on the sidewalk towards my house. It was Tyler, again. What the hell is he doing now? I quickly power-walked out of the bathroom and down the stairs.
"Abby?" I heard Joe call.
I walked out of the house and down the street, then started to run. Now he was going up my walkway. When I caught up with him, he was raising his hand to ring the doorbell.
"What the hell are you doing?" I asked, going behind him. But staying a good 6 feet away.
Then, he turned around. "Abby--Abby!" He said, seeing my face. "What happened to you?"
"What happened to me? What the hell do you mean what happened to me? No, why did you f-ing hit me is the question!" I sternly exclaimed to him.
"Hit you? I never hit you," Tyler said, taking a step to me. I responded taking a step back.
I gave him a weird look. "Oh my god Tyler! Don't deny it!" I almost started shouting now.
"Abby," Joe said, coming by me. "What are you doing?" Then, he looked at Tyler. "Stay away from her. The police are already on their way."
"You called the damn police on me?" Tyler was getting angry now. And his face was starting the turn dark again like at the park.
"I wasn't just going to let you get away and hurt her again!" Joe replied, getting tense again and mad, too.

Now, there were sirens going off and getting closer. Then, the front door opened.
"Abby? What's going on?" Mom asked, coming outside too.
But suddenly, Tyler moved and all I heard was a punch and a grunt.
"TYLER!" I screamed, looking at Joe who was holding his cheek.
My mom gasped. Before anything else could happen or Joe could fight back, a police car pulled up to my house and a Cop stepped out. There was another one coming up behind it, too.
When I looked at Joe, his brown eyes were angry and so was his face. He was eyeing Tyler and I could tell he was ready to beat the crap out of him, but I held him back.

A while passed and the cops took Tyler away after some rough-housing he was doing to try to get away. My Mom started freaking out about the fact that he actually hit me and started worrying like crazy. She was upset, but still greatful that I was now with a good man. This all seemed like a dream, though. A bad dream. I never thought I would see this day, or even thought this day would happen. It's crazy. After the police car was far away, sirens and everything, Joe engulfed me in another hug. I was sobbing a little, because I never thought this would happen to me. The day after Christmas, too. It was horrible. There was definately going to be gossip going around, that's for sure. And I still needed to know how in the world he found out about Joe.
I sniffled, and just rested my head on Joe's chest for a moment.
"It's okay, it's all over. Don't worry about it," Joe said, trying to soothe again.
I sighed and nodded, then let go of him. I looked around, and I guess Mom already went back inside to tell my Dad what happened. "I'm going inside," I said to Joe softly.
"Will I see you later?" He asked.
"Probably not..." I said, sounding so distant. "Bye." I turned, and went inside, shutting the door behind me.
When I looked up, Mom was already coming to me. "Honey, let me see your face." She came to me, and observed my cheek. "I think it'll go away within two weeks or so."
I nodded, then said no more and just went upstairs to my room. Shut the door, laid in bed, cried a little, then fell asleep.

What a good day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yayyyy twenty chapters!
<3