Status: Done(:

I'm Feeling Love Sick But I Don't Mind

Twenty-Three.

"Are you okay?" I asked Joe.
"Yeah, I'm fine," He said, obviously avoiding my eyes.
"Joe, I'm sorry," I apologized, resting my chin on his shoulder.
Finally, he let out a deep breath, and I felt his muscles relax underneath me. He turned his head towards me to look into my eyes. "It's fine, I'm sorry, too. It's just that...I finally have you as mine, and I don't want to mess things up already..." He explained, lifting his free hand to cup my cheek in his hand. "I love you."
I smiled a bit, and kissed his cheek. "I love you, too."

A little later, we all put up the trampoline together while Mr. and Mrs. Jonas went out to do some grocery shopping with Frankie. When we got the trampoline up, we jumped on it for almost the rest of the day. Well, Kevin, Joe and I did. Nick thought we were getting a little out of hand and went inside. But then Joe and Kevin started showing off their gymnastics skills, doing flips and whatnot, but when I tried to I just fell on my butt and they started making fun of me. Then, we finally went inside to chill and watch some TV. But then Kevin and Nick started making fun of Joe and I because we started cuddling. When dinner time finally came around, it was time for me to go back home. So I said goodnight and goodbye (no pun intended) to all of them, and left.

The next couple of days passed by too quickly. Basically, I just hung out with Joe and Macy all day, and now it's already New Year's Eve! Oh, boy. Today, my parents have a New Year's Party planned for tonight with all of their friends, plus Joe and Macy with me. Mom has been cooking appetizers and cleaning all day, while Dad has been grilling and setting stuff up. But I have just been cleaning my room and talking to Joe on the phone. That's not all that's planned for tonight, though. Tonight, I'm finally going to kiss Joe. Oh, gosh. The first kiss in our relationship. I'm totally freaking out about this. What if I mess up? What if he doesn't get the message? What if our lips clash at the wrong time? What if he's not with me at the time? What if he doesn't want to? Why wouldn't he want to? I don't know, it's weird. I could think of a million ways for this night to mess up. Jeez, I am really freaking out about this.

Around 5 o'clock, Macy and her parents showed up. Joe and his family would be over around seven he said. Oh gosh, I've had butterflies all day thinking about how this would turn out. So when I went downstairs, I had to hurry to get Macy so I could talk to her.
"Hey!" Macy greeted me when I opened the door.
"Hi, you guys! Mom and Dad are in the back setting up still," I said to her parents.
"Thanks, sweetie," Macy's Mom said to me as she and her dad made their way through the kitchen.
"What's up?" Macy turned to me with a smile.
"Come with me," I said to her lowly, grabbing her wrist and rushing her up the stairs to my room.
"What's going on Abby?" She asked as I shut the door behind her while she sat on my bed. I went to stand in front of her.
"I'm gonna kiss Joe tonight," I confessed. Suddenly, she squealed, jumped up, grabbed my hands and started jumping up and down. I just stood there. When she realized I wasn't as excited as her about the situation, she stopped.
"Why aren't you happy dancing?" She asked.
"Because, well...you know, it's just...I, uh..." I stammered, searching my brain for the right words to say. Then, I sighed. "I don't want to mess this is up, is all. I'm nervous."
"Abby, you and Joe are in love like Edward and Bella are. It'll work out, just like boat float," Macy supported, oddly. I rolled my eyes at her Twilight comparison of Joe and I. Then, she started giggling. "Hey, I rhymed."
"Wow, okay, thanks Mace," I laughed, then went to my closet. When I thought about it, I realized the butterflies that were in my gut suddenly stopped. Weird, but Macy's pep talk worked. I guess it will work out. "I have to get ready, so you can just chill out or whatever."

As I did said that, I put on some sort of bow dress. It was black at the chest were the bow was with spaghetti straps, and then white at the rest of it flowed right above my knees. With that, I wore some black lo top Converse. Then, I went into my bathroom to straighten my hair and put a white hairband on that had a bow on the side. After that, I went back into my room where Macy was reading a catalog from Delia's.
"Okay, I'm ready," I announced as I looked at the clock. It was about to be 7 o'clock, Joe was almost here. When I looked back at Macy, she was staring at me with the magazine on her lap. "What?"
"Abby, you look beautiful," She said, I was about to respond until she kept talking. "But those shoes just throw it all off."
"Huh? Whatever. I like it," I shrugged, moving my hips side to side so the dress twirled back and forth.
"Abby, go change your shoes," She demanded.
"Nooo, you're not my Mom," I stuck my tongue out at her.
"Do you want me to get your Mom?"
"Okay." I went back into my closet and exchanged the Converse for some black heels.

Seven o'clock finally came around and Joe and his family were finally here. As the doorbell rang, Macy and I rushed downstairs to get the door. Apparently, we didn't rush fast enough because Mom was already there opening the door.
"Hey, you guys!" She greeted them, opening the door further to let them in. Macy and I stood there stupidly on the staircase watching them.
"Hi!" I recognized Denise's voice as she came in the door with Kevin (father). "I brought some dip for chips just in case. I thought I should participate in the cooking," She giggled, holding a bowl of melted cheese and other stuff from here.
"Oh, why thank you, Denise!" Mom cooed, taking the bowl from her. Then, Kevin and Nick came through the door behind their father, and lastly Joe. They were all dressed pretty nice, in jeans and a dressy top. But Joe, for some reason, seemed to take my breath away. He was wearing dark skinny jeans with white sneakers, and a blue button down top with a black tie. His hair was straightened to perfection, and his bangs were flipped to the side. He looked handsome and sexy at the same time, which made me smile.
It seemed like he read my mind at that time, because his head turned and looked straight at me. And for some reason, Macy seemed more flattered than me because let out a dozen giggles, and he's my boyfriend. To distract myself from being hypnotized by him, I turned my head to give Macy a weird look.
"What? He looks fine," She said when she saw me, and looked back at the boys.
I laughed at her, and in the corner of my eye, I saw him coming up the steps towards us. My breathing seemed to slow and quicken at the same time, and I felt my palms getting sweaty. I don't know why I suddenly feel this way around him, when I can be with him all day and feel nothing like this. Probably because I know something that he doesn't...
"You look amazing," I heard him suddenly say, super close to me, and stopping my internal babble.
Suddenly, Macy started giggling again. "Aw, thanks Joe."
My eyebrows creased together, and I gave her that weird look again and pushed the words out of my mouth, "He was talking to me."
Her big brown eyes grew even bigger as her eyebrows raised, too. "Well," Macy said, as if I offended her. "Goodbye, then." And she stalked off the staircase.
Still not looking at Joe, I heard him chuckle. It seemed like I had to force my neck to move to look at him now.
"As I meant to say, to you, you look amazing," He repeated.
Welcome back, butterflies. "Thanks," I breathed.
And so the night begins.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late update!
You know how Christmas time is (;
Anyway, enjoy!
Comment!
<3