Status: Done(:

I'm Feeling Love Sick But I Don't Mind

Twenty-Eight.

"We need to talk," I said through my clenched teeth, and trying not to unleash that the way he looked scared me.
"About what," Again, it wasn't a question. His usually adorable chocolate brown eyes were so dark, you couldn't even tell they were brown. His jaw was clenched, and his lips were in a straight line. The worst part was that as tall as he was, he was bounded over me like he was Godzilla and I was just the little scared townspeople that were trying to run away from him. But I wasn't going anywhere. I stood my ground, and was determined to fix this.
"Us. I don't like being away from you, and I don't like you ignoring me. All I wanted was to talk to you," I explained bravely, trying to control my voice, because I knew somewhere that more tears were building.
"But if you talk to me, and people see us, aren't they going to start talking? And you wouldn't like that, would you? So maybe it's better that we go our own ways, isn't it?" He said. I knew he was mocking in his own way what I was saying on Friday. Joe started to turn away, but I wasn't going to let him.
"No!" I exclaimed, grabbing his arm to turn back around, and before he could say anything else, I kissed him. Wrapping my arms around his neck and all. And after a moment, he set his hands on my waist. The old fireworks, and softness of the kisses he used to give me all came back, too. When I pulled away, I looked up at him and saw the brown in his eyes come back. But before he could say anything, Coach rang her bell.
"Okay you two, time to seperate!" She yelled, and then told us we were playing volleyball today. Ugh, great. I let go of Joe, and then went over my Macy. When I got to her, she stared at me.
"What happened?" She asked.
"I told him I didn't want to be away from him, and he was a little angry, so I kissed him," I explained.
"And?"
"And then Coach blew her bell and told us to seperate," I finished.

All threw Gym I stood in the back so I didn't have to hit the ball. I was on one side of the net with Macy, although she loved volleyball so she was in the front. Joe, on the other hand, was on the other side of the net with his friends, and was playing too.
I stood back there, not paying attention to anything and not looking at anything in particular, but as always, when you're doing that in Gym it'll cost you.
So while I wasn't paying attention, I heard, "Abby watch out!" And before I could say anything else, I got hit in the head.
"Ow!" I yelled, covering where the ball hit me in the head. When I reopened my eyes, Macy was there in front of me.
"Abby, are you okay? Are you hurt? Do you wanna go get some ice?" She asked, rambling.
I closed my eyes shut, blinking back tears, and looking up at the ceiling to hold them back, and looked back at her. "I'm fine."
"No you're not, let's go sit down," She coaxed me, taking my wrist and pulling me to the bleachers to sit.
"Are you okay, sweetie? Those volleyballs hurt," Coach asked, coming to me.
"Yeah, I'm fine," I nodded, rubbing my eyes. She nodded, and turned to watch the game.
Macy decided to go back in the game a few minutes later, and while I watched her, I watched the other side of the net, too. As I watched him, I knew he was stealing a few glances at me, too. Joe said something to one of his friends there, and jogged over to me.
"Are you alright?" He asked, his eyes pleading.
"I'm fine."
"Are you sure?"
"Do you care?"
He opened his mouth to say something, but Coach blew her whistle for us to go change. I got up and rushed over there to changed. When I was back into my regular clothes, I walked out of the dressing room with Macy and listening to her while she talked about how great she was playing. I smiled and agreed with her, because she really did play good. Then, I saw Joe. He was sitting on the bleachers with his backpack over one shoulder and his knee bouncing. Funny, I've never seen him do that before.
Macy and I walked over to him, and she knew it was her que to go, so she continued to walk out of the gym with one of our other friends. I stayed there with Joe.
"Joe?" I asked, and he looked up at me.
"Abby..." He trailed off, and sighed. Then, it was quiet for a few seconds.
"I'm sorry," We both said at the same time, and then smiled weakly at each other.
"I'm sorry I got mad at you, and let the press and other people get between us," I apologized.
"And I'm sorry I got so angry at you," He said, standing up.
"I love you," I said, looking straight into his eyes.
Then, the bell rang, and I sighed, turning to go.
"Hey," Joe said, grabbing my arm to come back to him. When I looked up at him, he had a half smile on his face. "I love you, too." And that made me smile.

Joe and I walked out of the gym, and I kept letting my hand hang there by my side, waiting for Joe to take it. Suddenly, we got to the point where Joe had to go to his next class and I was to go to mine. We stopped, and Joe stood in front of me, taking both of my hands in his.
"I'll see you later, okay?" He asked, looking down at me. I nodded, staring up at him, too. He bent down a little, and kissed my forehead. I smiled up at him, and we parted ways.

The rest of the day went on as it should, along with the rest of the week. Joe and I were back to normal, and I had a feeling Nick and Macy were relieved. I knew I was a little mopey and Macy was probably annoyed with that, but what about Nick? I wondered what Joe was like when we weren't together, since that was pretty rare most of the time. On Friday, Joe dropped Macy off at her house, and Nick off at his. I could tell that Joe wanted to talk to me alone since he dropped Nick off and went on to my house. When we pulled up my driveway, turned off the egnition, he turned in his seat to me.
"What's goin' onnn?" I asked, laughing a little.
"Well, how about we have that date that we didn't have last Saturday?" He asked, smiling.
"Sounds good to me," I smiled, too, then leaned over the console between us to kiss him quickly, then got out of the car.
"Hey," I heard Joe exclaim, and turned around. "You didn't say you love me! I'm heart broken!" He put his hand on his chest and pretended to cry on the steering wheel.
"Aw, I love you, Joe!" I laughed.
Then, he turned back to normal. "Good," He smiled, turning the car back on.
"What about me?!"
"Oh! I love you, too."
I laughed at him, then went inside. So, I have a date with Joe tomorrow night.

I wonder what that's going to be like.