Status: Done(:

I'm Feeling Love Sick But I Don't Mind

Thirty.

Image

As we were driving to Joe's secret place, whatever it is, we talked along the way too and listened to the radio. We put in our critical sense of the movie, he liked it, I didn't care for it still. They just reminded me of the Blue Man Group as aliens, which made Joe laugh when I said that out loud.
We kept driving until we were practically out of town. That's when I started wondering where the heck we were going. I trusted Joe and all for us to be somewhere fun and safe, but I still wondered. We were away from all the stores, restaurants, gas stations, banks, we were away from it all. All that was surrounding the road now were trees and the night sky above us.
"Joe, where are we?" I asked, looking out the window.
"We're almost there, don't worry," He said, but I couldn't see his face.
He kept driving until he started to slow down, but there was nothing to turn into. There were still a bunch of trees blocking the way. Finally, he pulled the car into park. "See? We're already here."
"Here? There's nothing here," I said.
"Or is there?" He challenged, but I could hear the smile and smirk in his voice.
So, I got out of the car and into the cool night air. He met me on the other side of his car, and took my hand in his. "Follow me." And he started to through the trees. It was pretty dark, so I hoped he knew where he was going because I sure didn't. All I could hear were leaves crunching under my feet and twigs snapping. "Okay, here we are." He seemed to have moved a light branch or something, because when he stopped walking, he trees around us revealed a clear, open area with a small pond. It wasn't just any boring area with water in it, the way the moon shined down on it was like a big light above us. In the pond, the sky seemed to almost be perfectly reflected onto it. But they were swirled around by the organisms in the pond. Those organisms were ducks. Yes, cute little ducks in the little pond. There were white ones, brown ones with green heads, and little yellow ducks. There were even little baby ones! They were so adorable.
The place was truely amazing. I can only imagine how Joe found it.
"How did you find this place?" I asked, after I took it all in.
"I can explain that to you in a minute. I'll be right back," He smiled, then escaped back into the trees.
While he was gone, I walked around the pond, admiring the place and the ducks. Apparently, they either liked me or didn't because some of the quacked at me.
"Quack," The yellow one yelled, it made me giggle.
After a few seconds, I decided to sit down. But then I thought about it getting my skirt wet, but on second thought I didn't really care. It's just a little dirt, it'll come out. Right at the moment, I sat down, Joe came back.
"What are you doing?" He asked, as if I did something dreadfully wrong. When I looked back at him, he was holding some sort of bag, like a picnic bag.
"Sitting?" I said, like it was a question.
"Why? You'll get your skirt dirty," He came over to me and pulled me up from the ground. I couldn't but laugh that he would actually care about that.
"Why does it matter? It's just dirt," I giggled. Out of the bag, he pulled out a blanket and spread it out, then he sat, so I did too.
Next, he pulled out little bowls of finger flood and set it on the blanket too.
"And here's our dinner," He smiled at me. There were grapes, oranges, french fries, chips, then he pulled a small quart of ice cream and two spoons.
"Yummy," I smiled back.
"Anyway," Joe sighed as he leaned back on his elbows. "So this is my secret place."
"How did you find it?" I asked, looking down at him.
"I don't know. I was just driving, um, pulled over, and just....found it, you know? It's like something you don't expect to find but you do," I shrugged.
"Yeah, I get it," I smile, eating a grape. I thought for a moment, then looked back at him. "Why did you bring me here?"
"Why wouldn't I? I wanted to share it with you. Then whenever I want to come back here, I can come with you," He explained.
My smile grew even wider, and leaned in to give him a kiss. I've really never known anyone who thought I was that special to them.
We kissed for a moment, until a duck quacked and we broke apart and laughed a little. "That wasn't supposed to happen until the end of the date," Joe said.
"You started it."
Then he sighed. "I guess I did."
I giggled a little, then sat up straight and ate another grape.
We ate for a little while, until Joe pulled out a small pack of bread.
"Bread?" I asked.
"For the ducks," He smiled. Aw, he's an animal lover.
"Are they like, your pets and you come here and give them bread?" I laughed.
He shrugged. "Just sometimes."
I gave him a quick peck on the cheek. "That's so cute."
"Well, I do intend on being cute," He laughed.
I did too and took a peice of bread from him, ripped a small peice off, and threw it on the grass near the ducks. One green headed one came out, and ate it. The more we threw out, the more they came. They quacked at us, and I couldn't help but laugh. One of the little ducklets came out, and I threw a peice of bread near us. She (or he) came, and ate it. I reached out slowly, scared she was gonna peck me or something. When she didn't, I patted her head lightly, then she wobbled away. Aw!

Joe and I stayed there for a while, and we were laying on the blanket, looking up at the stars, trying to find constellations. My head laid on his chest, as his wrapped around my waist. We talked for I don't know how long, until I finally looked at my phone and saw it was 11:30. Whoa!
"Oh my god," I gasped, immediately getting up.
"What?" Joe asked, confused.
"It's already 11:30. I have to get home!" I said, straightening my skirt.
"Oh, crap!" Joe gasped, gathering the practically empty bowls and putting them into the bag, along witht he blanket. I said goodbye to the ducks, then we headed out to the car. I really dreaded having to leave now, but I really wished I could lay there with Joe all night in his arms.

When I finally got home it was past midnight, and I knew I was going to get killed tomorrow morning. But now Joe and I stood in front of the house door, saying goodbye.
"I'm really sorry I brought you home so late," Joe apologized, shaking his head and running a hand through his hair.
"It's okay, really," I said. He's been apologizing practically the whole way home.
"But you're probably going to get in a lot of trouble, and it's going to be all my fault. You know, I should probably go in there with you and tell your parents it's my fault, and I should get all the blame, not you because it's my fau--," He rambled until I cut him off my putting my hand over his mouth. His chocolate eyes widened in surprise.
"Stop trying to blame everything on you, okay? I really had a lot of fun with you tonight, Joe. It was really sweet and I wished we didn't have to go home. I love you," I said, he sighed, relaxing, and I pulled my hand off.
"I had fun too," He said simply. But obviously, that's not what I wanted to hear. He finally triggered that. "I love you too."
I smiled, and put my hand on the doorknob, getting ready to turn it. Joe was silent for a moment, and so was I. A few seconds later, nothing happened, so I went ahead and opened the door. Finally, Joe took my hand and pulled me close to him, kissing me. When we pulled apart, I smiled, and so did he.
"What took you so long?" I asked.
His grip just tightened on my hand. "I love you."
I just smiled anyway, said goodnight, then went inside. Behind the closed door, the living room was dark, and there was no light. Mom and Dad must be asleep. I sighed, leaning against the door. Replaying the whole night in my head. Then I thought...Crap, I left my purse in his car. Right now, I could care less.

I love that boy...
♠ ♠ ♠
Yayyyy! Chapter 30! (:
Here's the second half of their date.
I know, it's pretty cheesy.
But comment!
A new banner, too. It's not that good, but I just like the way Joe's face looks in the picture (;
(: <3