Status: Done(:

I'm Feeling Love Sick But I Don't Mind

Thirty-Two.

Saturday finally came, and I signed up to work the Popcorn booth, while Joe was doing snow cones, so our booths were next to each other. Macy signed up for face painting, and Jacob wanted the easiest job so he signed up for water bottles. He is so lazy. Now, it's about 2 in the afternoon and everyone in the school is here, it seems like. A couple people came to buy some popcorn, but more came for snow cones. And really, it feels like standing in an oven on this February afternoon. The often wind that comes is like a miracle.
Around 5 o'clock, my shift was up and a girl named Amanda came and took over the popcorn booth. While I was walking around with Macy and Joe kept working the snow cones, another friend of mine named Stephanie came running up to me while we passed her booth.
"Hey, Abby!" She sounded out of breath.
"Hey, Steph. What's up?"
"Would you mind, uh, covering for me?"
"What?"
"Could you take over my booth for a moment while I go to the restroom?" She pleaded.
"Um, yeah, I guess so," I said, but it sounded more like a question than a statement. I looked at Macy, shrugged, and sat in her booth. Oddly, I figured out that this was a big mistake. I didn't even know what she signed up for. But there was a line of about four guys, and when I sat up to look over the table at the sign, it said in big red letters "KISSING BOOTH. $1 EACH."
Oh, god.
Yeah, big mistake.
I look over at Macy, and she's standing over there snickering at me. I look behind me at Joe, and of course he's looking back at me with a confused look.
I try to ignore it and look at the guy in front of me. Better get started, I guess.

After about three guys, Stephanie still wasn't back. Where the heck is she?
While I ponder this for a few moments, someone slapped a dollar bill on the table. I take it and put it in the little box for money, and look up to see who it is. When I see who it is, I froze in my skin.
Tyler.
Ex-boyfriend Tyler.
Tyler who slapped me over Christmas break for breaking up with him.
"Are you just gonna stare at me, or do I get my kiss, babe?" He asked, with a crooked smile on his lips.
"What are you doing here, Tyler?" I ask, scooting my chair back.
"Abby, let's go look for Stephanie," Macy said, coming to me and tugging my arm.
"No! I paid my money!" Tyler yelled, then started leaning in across the table to me.
I don't know why, but I couldn't move at all.
Why was he here?
Why wasn't he doing community service, or in jail, or something?
Anywhere but here.
How did he even know to find me here? Oh god, is he a stalker now?

While I thought about all of this, he was getting closer and closer to me, and Macy was trying to pull me away. But I just sat there, while my mind kept popping questions to my attention.
But out of nowhere, somebody pulled Tyler away and pushed him out of the booth.
It was Joe.
I let out a breath, thank god.
"Abby, why didn't you move out of the way?!" Macy exclaimed to me.
My eyes shifted from her, to Joe, who was yelling at Tyler. I could tell that everybody was watching him now.
Suddenly, Tyler started throwing punches. And then, so did Joe, and it turned into a fight and people started to watch more intensely. Finally, I found my muscles and got up, and ran over to them.
"JOE! STOP!" I shouted, trying to pull Joe away from Tyler. Soon, some of Tyler and Joe's friends did the same.
Then, of course, our English and P.E. teacher came to the area and broke up the fight. Both of them got yelled at, and were told to leave.
Mrs. Jones--our English teacher--said that all of this would be settled on Monday morning at school.
Oh, god.

So, Joe and Tyler left, with little said to me, and Macy and I sat in the grass by the track and talked for a while. I still don't know why all of this had to happen to me, of all people.
After a while, I decided I was going to go home. Macy said she was going to stay a while, and that she'd call me later.
I got in my car, and drove home while the radio played but I barely heard it. When I got home, I got out and went inside. I went straight to my room, and laid on my bed, then tried to call Joe.
Voicemail.
Hung up, tried again.
Voicemail.
I repeated this routine about another three times. Sighed, and decided to just leave a freaking voicemail message.
"Hey, uh, I didn't really get to talk to you after you left. So, uh, wanna call me...or, something...? I know you're probably angry but uh...can we talk about this? Please? Call me. Or, you know, you can come over...or something... Anyway, yeah, um, bye. Love you..." Hung up.
Five minutes later, no call back.
I got up, and went downstairs. Mom was there, eating a bowl of popcorn and watching a TV movie.
"Hi, honey. How was the fundraisor?" She asked.
"It...it pretty much sucked," I said, sitting beside her. "It started off well, but then...Macy and I were walking around this girl Stephanie asked me to cover for her, so I did. She worked the uh, kissing booth," I explained the whole night, about Tyler and Joe.
"Oh my goodness, what was he doing there? Shouldn't he be expelled or something? Did Joe get in trouble?" She asked.
"I don't know. Mrs. Jones said it'd be settled on Monday morning," I shrugged. "He still hasn't called me back."
"Well, maybe you two will talk tomorrow," Mom patted my leg.
I nodded, get up, and went back to my room. I changed into some pajama pants, and laid in bed and watched TV for a while. But I kept thinking about everything. Why was Tyler at the Fundraisor? Why hasn't Joe called me back? Is he angry at me? Why would he be angry at me? It's not like I told Tyler to come or anything.
Ugh.
Eventually, I fell asleep.

Without a word from him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I haven't updated this stoy in a long time.
Had a writers block, hehehe.
Comment! (: <3
Moni.