Status: Done(:

I'm Feeling Love Sick But I Don't Mind

Thirty-Three.

I didn't hear from Joe at all until Saturday afternoon. I was starting to get worried, because I didn't know whether he got in trouble with his parents, or decided to break up with me or something. So I dwelled on different reasons and scenerios in my head while I went on with my day on auto-pilot. I checked my phone every few minutes, only to find nothing and for my hopes to die. Macy told me not to worry about it, and that he's probably fine and that he'll talk to me later. She's probably right, if anything happened, he'd probably tell me. Right? No, I don't need to second think that. Plus, I really hate how everything can't just go smoothly and have a regular relationship with him. Something has to happen somehow. Whether it be a retarded ex-boyfriend, or press people, something like that, they always have to ruin something somewhere.
I ponder this while I lie on my bed staring at the TV without watching it. I sigh heavily, and decide to call Macy to talk. It rings a few times, but she picks up.
"Hello?" Macy's voice answers politely. Even though she knows it's me, she puts on that voice as if it could be someone for her mother.
"Hey. He still hasn't called, texted, or anything," I say, rubbing my hand over my eyes.
"Oh, don't worry about it. He'll show up somehow. He always does," She mummbles a bit, as if she doesn't want to talk about this.
My eyebrows crease at that. To her, it probably seems like my whole life as wrapped around Joe suddenly. But really, when I look at the big picture, it probably has. Wow, I seemed to have pretty much turned into those girls who forget about they're friends once they have a boyfriend. No, I refuse to be like that.
"Macy, I'm sorry about this..." I finally say after a moment.
"About what?" She asks.
"For making my whole life about Joe," I say, disappointed about it. "I've been acting like a retard."
"Well, I wouldn't really say that..."
"When have I once talked to you about something that wasn't about Joe?" I point out.
"Well, yeah... I guess I feel like you've forgotten about me now that you have Joe. Like when you're not with him you turn to me," Macy explains.
"I'm sorry, Mace. You're not my second choice; you're way more important to me than him and I'm sorry it doesn't seem that way. I love you."
"It's okay, Abby. I love you, too." I could hear the smile in your voice.
"So, tell me, what has been going on in your life that I've missed out on?" I say, rolling over onto my stomach.
"Well, my mom is planning on going to the beach sometime soon and wants to redo the guest room in the house, my dad is trying to get some old truck we have running again...but um, nothing too important. Oh, there is one important thing I have to tell you..." She says.
"What is it?" I ask, eager.
"Well, you know Nick?"
"No, I've never met him once in my whole life."
"Oh, well, you won't know that I have a really big crush on him then," Macy giggles.
"What?! You like Nick?! You petifile!" I laugh.
"He's so cute, though!"
"Oh my gosh, Macy. I thought you just like him because he's a Jonas Brother," I said.
"No, he's really nice...and cute...and funny...and musical...and athletic--" She goes on, but I cut her off.
"I get it, Macy. But aww, that's cute," I chuckle. "Would your mom let you go out with him, though?"
"Probably not."

Macy and I continue to talk for another 45 minutes or so, and it reminds me of old times when we used to talk every night about our days and what not. It made me really happy, until it got ruined.
As Macy was telling me something that happened in gym today, the doorbell rang. I hopped up from my bed and went downstairs while I laughed at what Macy said. As I was pulling open the door, Joe stands there, his head snapped up to see me. My smile falls a little while Macy keeps talking on the other line, my mom comes into the living room.
"Who is it, honey? Oh--Hi there, Joe," Mom says.
Macy heard that. "Oohh."
"I'll call you back later, Mace," I mummble, and hang up. I step outside, shutting the front door behind me.
"Uh, hey," Joe says, awkwardly.
"...hey," I say too.
Silence.
Awkwardness.
"Let's just cut to the chase already, Joe. Why haven't you talked to me since Friday night?" I finally say.
"Why were you working a different booth, and why were you about to kiss Tyler?" He had that scary look again and his voice got in an attitude.
"I wasn't going to kiss him! Stephanie asked me to cover for her and I did!" I explained.
"The kissing booth! You really had to do that?!" He exclaimed.
"I didn't realize until I agreed," I crossed my arms.
He sighed deeply, racking his hand through his hair.
"Look, I'm sorry, Joe. It was stupid, but I was worried about you all day..."
"Sure didn't look like it when you opened the door," He mummbled.
"Because you're not my whole life Joe! I have a best friend who needs my attention, too! I love you, but I love other people too!" I exclaimed.
He was quiet for a moment. "I'm sorry. I...uh, that didn't come out right..."

I lowered my head to my feet and frowned. Could this turn into something horrible, or awkward? I don't want it to. What if things don't go back to the way they were? I pondered all of this, until he hugged me.
"I'm sorry. I overreacted. I wasn't thinking when I went over there. But I regret it. I love you, and I don't want to lose you over something stupid," Joe said in my ear.
I sighed, and wrapped my arms around his neck. "It's okay. I shouldn't have done it. I love you, too," I said, and pulled back to see him. He kissed my forehead. "Did you get in trouble?"
"Oh yeah," He nodded.
"Are you grounded?"
"Oh yeah."
"So I can't see you?"
"For about three weeks," Joe sighed. I think he could tell the sadness in my face. "It's not your fault. It's Tyler's fault."
"Freaking Tyler," I pout.

After a while, Joe went home and I went inside. I told my mom everything that happened and called Macy about it. She said it was good that everything was okay at least.

Yeah, okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, this chapter wasn't that good.
But it'll get better!
Comment? (: <3