Status: Done(:

I'm Feeling Love Sick But I Don't Mind

Thirty-Eight

It's getting a lot better.
School is starting at the end of the month, and I'll be able to focus on that while this is happening.
I've even gotten a lot better at my guitar playing.
Not counting all the caluses.
Macy and Jacob had me play for them, and they said I was pretty good.
I've learned a lot of nevershoutnever! songs, some Hey Monday and There for Tomorrow, and other acoustic songs.
That kept me happy for a while.
But...
His birthday is this month.
I don't know what's going to be happening, since I haven't talked to him in about two weeks.

But one day, when I was strumming and singing "The Past" by Never Shout Never, my phone started ringing. I grabbed it, and the Caller ID said "Kevin". So answered.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Hey, Abby. How's it going?" He asked, he sounded happy.
"Alright. And you?"
"Okay. So, you know Joe's birthday is coming up, right?" Kevin said.
Wow, it's been so long since I've heard his name. "Uh, yeah, I know."
"Well, I was thinking since we have a show in a few nights in the area on Joe's birthday, and Nick and I were talking about having a small get-together party at home. Nothing huge, he had that last year. So, you think you can help?" Kevin asked.
"Of course, Kev. I can do a few things here and there. Don't worry, I got it down," I said into the phone.
We talked for a while, and then I hung up, and told Macy and Jacob.

Macy, Jacob, and I planned out the 'party' in a few days. Getting food, decorations, and all of his favorite things. It felt so strange being there without the guys there, too; and talking to Denise about what's been going on like she was my own mom, too. But I kept moving on.
And a present.
I went to the mall when everything to find something. Something perfect.
Eventually, I came across a case of all different colored Ray Ban sunglasses.
That was perfect.
One problem: Expensive.
Well, I had some money saved up for after high school. A shave off of that won't be too bad.
So, I bought it. Then, went home and wrapped it up. Wrote a card, and sealed it.
All done.
Just one more thing, and everything will be set.

A few nights later, it was time for the 'party'. Kevin, Denise, Paul, Jacob, Macy and a few of Joe's friends from school were meeting at the Jonas home at 7:30, Nick and Joe will be home from the movies at 8:00.
When I saw Kevin, Denise, and Paul I gave them all big hugs. I've not only missed Joe, but his family, too. Going to they're house and being there like it was my home, too.
We all went inside and caught up. They told us stories about being on tour and what happened, and we told them about things going on here. I even showed Kevin the caluses on my fingers. Ha-Ha. He said he'd for sure teach me more when he got back from tour.
I forgot about that.
They're not staying.
They're leaving tomorrow.
My heart sunk.
Finally, it was 7:55. We shut the lights out, and all hid beside something. I hid behind a curtain with Macy, Kevin behind the couch, Denise and Paul by the staircase, Joe's friends somewhere else.
"What's going on? Where'd everyone go?" Jacob asked, still sitting on the couch.
"Jake, hide!" I hissed.
"Uh...uh..." and he callapsed on the floor.
I bit my bottom lip, trying not to laugh too hard.
Suddenly, someone opened the door. Nick and Joe's voices came through the door, talking about the movie they just saw. I haven't heard his voice in so long, it cut something in my heart, while it jumped and sunk at the same time. I wanted to scream and attack him.
A lightswitch turned and the lights came on, and everyone jumped out and screamed, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"
Joe's face was caught in surprisement. Then he started laughing, thanking everyone, and talking to everyone.
I came out from behind the curtain, and said hello to Nick, giving him a big hug after Macy, of course. When I turned to Joe, he was talking to Jacob. Jake saw me, and went to go to Macy, but then someone else cut in and said happy birthday to me. I saw Joe's eyes flicker to me once, but then my face grew hot. I went to the bathroom.

When I came back out, I searched the room for him, but couldn't find him anywhere. I walked toward the kitchen, and saw him talking to his mom. I stood by the counter awkwardly.
Then he saw me. I smiled while he came over to me.
"Hey," Joe said.
"Hey," I smiled.
He looked almost the same, but a little tanner. He was wearing a black V-neck shirt with a blue plaid shirt over it and dark skinny jeans. As always, he pulled it off too well. "Um, have you met some other pretty fan girl to replace me?" I asked jokingly.
"Of course not. I haven't stopped thinking about you since I left," He said, pulling me into a tight hug.
"I've missed you. Too much," I told him, hugging back. He kissed the top of my head.
"Same here. I love you."
"Happy Birthday."

The night passed by too fast. I never left Joe's side the whole night, savoring it, but in fear of getting clingy. When it was time for him to leave, I got the same feeling when he left two months ago. I hugged and kissed him, and tried to be stronger.
"I love you," I say before he leaves.
"I love you, too." He replies.
He left, with the rest of his family, and went off to wherever he was to next.

Two more months to go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yayy, Joe came back! Then left. Hehe.
Comment?
(: <3