Status: Done(:

I'm Feeling Love Sick But I Don't Mind

Eight.

Image

Normal P.o.v.
"What is it?" I asked Nick.
"Um...Joe...he, um..." He scratched the back of his head his with his hand while he thought for the right words.
"Yes?" I started getting eager now.
"Nevermind. I'll tell you later," Nick shook his head.
"What time is better than now? Just spit it out already!" I got up, and looked Nick straight in the eye.
He sighed. "Joe should just tell you himself. I can't."
So, I just nodded and tried to understand. Then, Nick and I walked out and headed for the lobby. The weird thing was, right when we walked out, Joe walked out of his hotel room at the exact same time. Huh. And with this whole thing going on, it felt weird seeing him. As if he already knew what I told Nick and just pretended everything was back to normal.
In the lobby, Denise, Paul, Mom, Dad, Frankie and Kevin were already down there talking and eating. When Nick and I walked into the lobby, he pulled me aside and asked me if it was okay to let Kevin in on the situation. I thought about it for a moment, then said yes. I preoccupied myself with getting a cup and about to fill it with chocolate milk. In the corner of my eye, I saw Nick whispering something to Kevin. His reaction was priceless. Kevin's eyes bugged out and he covered his mouth.
"What?!" I heard him whisper-shout. Immediately, I went over to him and whacked his arm. "Ow! Jeez!"
"Not so loud!" I whispered.
"Oh, calm down. It's not like he told Frankie," Kevin said.
I rolled my eyes, but he was right. Frankie would definately have just told the whole universe. But thats because he's only eight.
So, I went back to the food counter and finished filling my cup with chocolate milk. Awkwardly, Joe came over and got orange juice. I just passed him to get a banana-nut muffin.
"Did you just lion-jump me?!" Joe gasped.
I raised an eyebrow at him. "What?" I giggled.
"Oh no you didn't, girl!"
"Oh my goodness, Joe. It's like, eight in the morning and you're already getting worked up," I shook my head, then walked back to Nick so things didn't get awkward between us, already.
"Alright you guys, get what you want to eat and let's get going!" Paul announced.

A while later, we were all getting into the car. Kevin was driving again with Elvis in the passanger now. I got in the backseat but before I could go for the window seat, Nick and Joe were on either side of the car so I was stuck in the middle. I sighed, and as soon as my parents were ready with our bags in the back, we left the hotel.
"Can we turn on the heater now?" I asked, since it was starting to get cold out and my jacket was a bit thin.
"We just started moving, Abby. It'll get warm in a bit," Kevin said, looking at me in the rearview mirror. Then he winked at me. I glared at him and whacked him upside the head.
"Ow! Don't do that when I'm driving or we'll all die!" He exclaimed, I laughed.
"Can I have some of your muffin?" Nick asked, eyeing my muffin.
"Yeah, sure," I chuckled, handing it to him.
Nick took my banana-nut muffin, and got ready to bite into it.
"Watch this," Joe whispered to me. I know my heart should've have jumped at that, but it did anyway. Just at the same time his mint and cookie-smelling breath blew on my cheek. I blinked and pushed that from my mind. Just then, Joe's arm reached over and pushed most of the muffin in Nick's mouth. I busted out laughing, I used to do that all the time to Macy and Jacob. Nick bit into the muffin and crubs fell onto his shirt as he struggled to chew it. Joe and I were still laughing when he swallowed.
"Not funny," Nick said.
"Sorry, Nicky," I said when I tried to calm down.
He sighed.

Soon, the air was getting crispy warm and my head was leaned on Nick's shoulder. I was just about to doze off, until I felt someone stroke my hair again. At first I thought it was Nick just messing with me, but I saw his left hand on his lap--that was the side of him I was leaning on--and his right arm on the arm rest. I looked over slightly, and Joe's arm was extended on the backs of the seats, I couldn't see his other arm because his head was leaned on the window. Plus, it couldn't have been that one anyway. It felt nice, and sweet. Could this be a sign? At that thought, it brought a small smile to my face, and rested my eyes.
Right when that happened, my phone went off playing Poppin' Champagne by All Time Low and my eyes snapped back open. Then, Joe brought his arm back to his side and the stroking of my hair stopped. My heart jumped again. I sat up straight and pulled my phone out and looked at the Caller ID. It was Tyler.

"Hello?" I asked, answering it.
"Hey, babe. How's it going?" He said.
"Uh, fine. We're on the road again," I explained.
"Ohh. Must suck being the only girl there."
"Actually it's not too bad. Listen, I'm gonna take a nap, I'm beat. I'll talk to you later," I said.
"Okay. I love you," There was a smile in his voice.
What?! Tyler has never told me that before. Why does he decide to do it now, of all days? I didn't want to be those people who said things they didn't mean. So, I just said, "Yeah, talk to you later," and hung up.
♠ ♠ ♠
New banner by: make a scene;