Boy Like Me.

Ten

A couple of days had past since Liam and Ryan hung out together. They had become decent friends, talking to each other after school and sometimes during lunch. They walked to class together and had a few good laughs in between. It was the start of a good friendship; Ryan was actually lightening up a bit. Liam was just excited to even be able to spend time with him at all.

"This is so stupid," Matt complained as he sat at the table where Ashley and Kendrix where gabbing about some TV show. The two pretty girls looked up at him as he stared at Liam and Ryan talking on the other side of the courtyard. Liam was laughing and Ryan was talking gesturing with his hands. "He's ditched us." Matt commented looking to the girls.

"Well Matt they're really cute." Ashley told him and he gagged sticking a finger down his throat. Kendrix raised and eyebrow at him and Ashley rolled her eyes continuing her meal.

"Someone's jealous." Kendrix said in a singsong voice and Matt shook his head.

"I'm not," he explained looking to the petite blonde sitting across from him. "Ryan is a total dick to me, I don't like him." Matt was being honest, there was no lie in his words. Kendrix found that a bit weird though. Matt was just as nice as anyone else, possibly the sweetest male she's ever met aside from Liam.

"Well maybe if you'd be nice to him he'd be nice to you." Ashley said simply as she started to gather up her plastic wrappers to go throw them away. Kendrix agreed with that idea, but Matt didn't.

"Hell no! If he's a dick to me I'll be an even bigger one to him!" Matt grumbled as he started eating a slice of cold school pizza. Usually he complains about it tasting like cardboard and being cold, but today he was worked up about Ryan.

"You're hopeless." Ashley said walking over to the trashcan.

"Look it's a new week," Kendrix started as she opened a bag of pretzels. "Start off fresh, its Wensday so you have plenty of time to get over yourself." Liam's baby sister explained and Matt glared at her.

"Why do I have to get over myself? Why can't he get over himself?" he snapped the question and Kendrix sighed Matt was such a baby when he had to be the bigger person. Stuffing a few pretzels into her mouth she ignored his complaints. Ashley walked back to the table and sat down beside him. "I did nothing and he torments me all through eighth period!" Matt growled and the two girls gathered up their belonging leaving the table. He sat there for a moment slightly confused, but scowled just eating alone.

Liam and Ryan went their separate ways and he bounced over happily to Matt. "Why are you eating alone?" Liam questioned in confusion staring at Matt. He shrugged his shoulders and continued to eat his pizza. The shaggy haired teen standing across from him nodded stiffly and sat down across from him. "Dude is everything alright?" Liam was actually worried. If Matt wasn't being a busybody, he would be in the auditorium hanging out with the tech nerds.

"Yeah. Fine. Good." He answered somewhat robotically as if he was programmed to say those answers. Matt acted as if he was just trying to satisfy Liam. Blinking a few times Liam debated whether or not to push further into the matter.

"Okay, well where are Kendrix and Ashley?" Liam asked him.

"They left." He responded.

"Why?" Liam questioned as he unscrewed the cap of his soda. Matt looked at him and sighed dropping his cold pizza onto the gray tray.

"What's it with you and Ryan?" Matt asked annoyed and Liam sighed softly shaking his head.

"What do you mean?" Matt sighed and pushed his tray away. Liam licked his lips waiting for his annoyed and apparently pissed off friend to speak. For some reason though Matt waved the matter off and walked away without saying another word. Liam was about to go after him, but he refrained. When Matt was angry he was like a loaded pistol shooting low blows left and right. "Well someone's in a bad mood." Liam mumbled to himself shaking his head.

"Liam!" Ashley called from behind and he turned around. He picked up his things and jogged over to her. "What did Matt say?" she asked as he stopped in front of her.

"Nothing really, he just stormed off." Liam shrugged.

"He's upset that you've been talking to Ryan." She explained to him and Liam furrowed his brows.

"Well excuse me for having a friend outside the four of us." Liam said bitterly and Ashley pushed him lightly with her hand. She brushed her hair behind her ear and sighed.

"You should talk to him," she paused for a moment. "I don't want you two fighting and I don't want to explain everything, but talk to him all right?" she asked of him holding her binder up to her chest. Agreeing to her terms Liam nodded his head and she smiled. Right then the bell rang and the two went in different directions to their class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments guys.
Just to be sure I get some feedback I would like three or more comments.
Otherwise I won't update for a long time.

What do you think of Matt now?
Do you think Ryan is changed for the better?

Well find out and keep reading and commenting so you get the next update.
=)


-Mimi