Boy Like Me.

Twelve

Don't stop. Make it pop, DJ blow my speakers up! Tonight, Imma fight 'til we see the sunlight! Liam reached for his phone on his nightstand and he yawned. Sitting up in his bed he noticed it was Matt calling him. Flipping his phone open he put it up to his ear answering with a tired 'hello' wondering why Matt was calling.

"Hey man," Matt said and cleared his throat he sounded a bit uncomfortable, which was making Liam feel weird. They were best friend's, what was happening with them? "Okay I'm just gonna get it over with." Matt stopped and Liam quirked an eyebrow.

"What are you talking about?" Liam asked getting up and off of his bed heading to the bathroom across the hall. A smell of waffles and syrup filled his nose making his mouth water.

"Ashley wants me to apologize for being a jerk to you yesterday." Matt explained and Liam rolled his eyes.

"Well it doesn't mean anything," Liam paused for a second looking into the mirror. He groaned seeing his hair a messy and face kind of pale, he needed to get some sun. "I mean if Ashley is forcing you and you don't actually mean it. Defeats the purpose, but it doesn't matter." Liam explained turning on the water faucet placing his phone between his shoulder and ear.

"Yeah well, I tried and what do you mean it doesn't matter?" Matt asked him somewhat annoyed by his words. Liam splashed a bit of water onto his face and reached for a face towel. Drying his face he sighed and tried to think of a way to word it.

"You're my best friend and well I get the fact you're worried and all. So it doesn't matter because I know you're not a jerk." Liam told him simply hoping Matt would understand and just let it go.

"No I'm not. Ryan is!" his friend snapped and Liam groaned this bickering thing between the two was tiring. Ryan never said much about Matt other than the fact he thought he was full of himself, which probably wasn't the biggest lie in the world.

"What is it with you and Ryan?" Liam asked finally deciding to take matters into his own hands.

"He's a dick!" Matt snapped and the shaggy haired teen slapped a hand onto his face.

"What did he do?" Liam asked.

"He's just rude and a real jerk around me, so yeah he's a dick in my book end of story." Liam shook his head; he had to find a way for the two of them to get along. Biting his lip he tried to think when he heard Kendrix calling for him to hurry up.

"Matt I'll see you at school I gotta get ready." With those words he hung up. He finally had an idea come to him, but he wasn't entirely sure if it would work out good. Matt really did hate Ryan and Ryan apparently didn't care for him too much.

-&-

"Hey I haven't been here since last summer." Matt smiled as he and Liam walked to the local arcade in town. The two walked to the front double doors walking into the well air condition building.

The carpets were black, the walls were splattered with different colors, neon lights glowed all around them and black lights gave the room an awesome look. Everyone inside were running around wearing glow sticks and had their faces painted.

Matt's black and white striped shirt glowed and his shoe laces stuck out from his black converse along with his white studded belt. Liam's white jacket made him look like a floating light since his jeans and shoes were solid black. As they walked down the main aisle they spotted the change machine.

"Now here goes all the birthday money." Matt said putting a ten-dollar bill into the machine. Moment's later lots of quarters shot out of the machine and he scooped it into a plastic cup that Liam handed him.

"I'm aiming for the lava lamp." Liam said pointing to the blue lava lamp at the prize table.

"15000 tickets, yeah good luck with that." Matt laughed handing him a plastic cup as well. Liam smiled and put a ten-dollar bill in the machine as well to get some quarters. Once the two had their money they went off to play games and collect some tickets.

Fifteen minutes later Liam felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. He walked over to a secluded place hoping he would be able to hear the person over all the music and people talking. Pressing the answer button he put the phone up to his ear and covered his other ear with his hand.

"Hello?" Liam answered looking down at the black and white speckled carpet floor.

"I'm outside come out here." Ryan's voice commanded and Liam rolled his eyes.

"Just come inside, I'm by the prize stand." Liam told him and Ryan groaned agreeing to it and hung up. Smiling victoriously Liam shoved his phone back into his pocket and walked over to the prize stand. He watched the front entrance and spotted Ryan walking in.

He looked around somewhat intrigued by all the music and the lights. Liam waved to him and Ryan smiled weakly walking over to him trying not to bump into the kids running around.

"Why here again?" Ryan asked gesturing to the crowded arcade.

"I want a lava lamp. Besides it's fun," Liam smiled and Ryan tilted his head as if to say it was debatable. Liam chuckled softly and looking at Ryan's wife beater that was glowing brightly and his blue and white striped long sleeve flannel shirt was glowing as well. "You look funny in here." Liam said gesturing to his outfit and Ryan scowled.

"At least I don't look like a ball of light floating around." Ryan said nudging Liam with his arm. The two started laughing a bit more when Liam heard his name. He turned around and smiled waving at Matt as he walked up.

Ryan quickly switched attitudes glaring at Matt as he walked up. Matt stopped walking when he saw Ryan and clenched his fist. Liam's smile faded and he turned to look at Ryan who turned to look at the ground.

"What's wrong with you two?" Liam asked in a snappy tone placing his hands on his hips. The two muttered stuff under their breaths, but he didn't catch any of it. "What was that?" Liam asked looking at Matt then back to Ryan.

"He's a dick, I'm out Liam." Matt said walking back towards the front doors. Liam looked hurt and turned to Ryan telling him to wait. Rushing after Matt he caught up and stopped him placing a hand on his chest and pushed him back. His shaggy haired friend glared at him and Liam sighed. "I can't stand him Liam, I'm not hanging out here if he's staying." Matt grumbled and Liam glared right back at him shaking his head.

"That's not fair! Why are you being such an ass? He's my friend and so are you," Liam paused for a moment ruffling up his dark brown hair and then sighed once again. "Look Matt don't make me choose between the two of you." Liam begged with a sad look in his eyes and a frown on his face.

"I'm sorry Liam." Matt shook his head and walked around Liam leaving him standing there hurt and almost wanting to cry. Did this mean that Matt wouldn't be his friend if he chose Ryan? He let his head sink and placed a hand over his face. Liam didn't want to make it seem like it was a big deal, but it truly was.

"Ahem." Ryan cleared his throat from behind and Liam turned around a bit teary eyed, but he blinked them away.

"I'm sorry Ryan, Matt is just a bit annoyed at the moment." Liam explained with a sad shrug and Ryan nodded in understanding.

"Forget him," Ryan waved the matter off, Liam was about to protest. However before he had the chance Ryan placed a finger on his lips and shook his head. Liam felt his heart thumping against his chest and his cheeks heating up. "All you need is me, I can show you a good time." The spiky haired teen before him smiled and Liam nodded, but his stomach was filled with butterflies and his heart was spinning in circles. Those words had turned dirty in his mind, but he couldn't get it out of the gutter.

"Well then show me." Liam challenged with a playful smile and Ryan laughed lightly pulling him along.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!

So I have lots of subscribers and plenty of readers, but the comments are lacking.
Why? I have no clue, but I'll make it really easy.

Pick one and then paste it on a comment if that's what it'll take to get a few.

1. I really like this story, please keep updating!
2. Great story I can't wait for more update soon please!

Thank you for reading and I would really love some feedback.
=)

Liam's ringer is Tik Tok by Ke$ha.


-Mimi