Boy Like Me.

Thirteen

"Liam what the hell?" Ashley snapped dropping her books on the table. A few people shushed her and Liam closed his book looking up at her in question. Ashley mumbled a few apologies and turned back to Liam glaring at him coolly. She pulled out a chair and pulled her demin skirt forward as she sat down. Crossing one leg over the other she crossed her arms over her white blouse and huffed.

"Now is not a good time." Liam said about to get up, but she reached for his wrist and jerked him back down. He groaned and placed his book back onto the round table. Letting out a soft breath he smiled weakly to her pretending to be interested. He knew though she wanted to yell at him for Matt.

"Matt told me that you blew him off for Ryan. He's your best friend, how could you do that? Why Liam?" Ashley asked staring at him with a confused and angered look on her face. Liam swallowed and shook his head.

"First I did not blow him off, he blew me off. Second Ryan is a friend too. Why can't you guys just try and get along?" Liam asked her. "Because I'm not gonna choose." Liam finished standing up again, but this time Ashley did not stop him. She scoffed and rolled her eyes watching him leaving the library.

-&-

Ryan was sitting under one of the many trees in the courtyard. Earphones in his ears, nose in a book, and his legs stretched out. He didn't pay attention to anyone around him until someone kicked his foot. Ryan huffed and looked up, but his scowl quickly changed to a smile upon noticing Liam. The shaggy haired teen was smiling and waving down at him.

"I thought you were studying." Ryan said as Liam sat down beside him. The guy shrugged his shoulders and leaned back against the tree. Ryan pulled out his earphones and rolled the wires up.

"I was bombarded," Liam explained pulling his backpack onto his lap. "My friends are mad at me." He sighed shaking his head as he pulled out a granola bar.

"Is it because of me?" Ryan asked and Liam ignored his question pulling the wrapper from his granola bar. Stuffing it into his mouth he reached for a water bottle and unscrewed the cap. "So you're dumping your friends for me?" Ryan asked and Liam shook his head taking a sip of his water.

"I'm not dumping my friends, besides you're my friend to," Liam paused looking at Ryan. "Aren't you?" The spiky haired teen tilted his head slightly and chuckled softly. He smiled at Liam and nodded his head.

"Of course." Ryan responded and Liam nodded back to him.

"Once you get to know them and they get to know you everything will be fine. We can all be friends, but you have to try and get along. And I mean really try," Liam said nudging Ryan who was slowly starting to shake his head. "For me." The shaggy haired teen said placing his hands on his chest. Ryan groaned and nodded his head. For some reason though he found it hard to disappoint Liam, but he couldn't figure out why.

There was a feeling inside him saying Liam was more than just a guy. No, Liam wasn't just some gay guy that was becoming his friend. He was so much more than that. His laugh was innocent and his smile was genuine. Ryan couldn't believe he was even feeling like this much less going along with it so easily. Maybe he wasn't lying; maybe he was truly starting to develop feelings for others. Though deep down inside there was still a twinge of anger and sadness just waiting to break free.

"So during eighth period, please, please be nice to Matt. He's a good person, I promise you'll find him interesting." Liam explained and Ryan snapped out of his thoughts nodding his head as Liam continued to talk about each of his friends.

It was strange to him. Ryan was usually a lone person who never liked communicating with people. Especially after his parents died and he lost his sister. He knew she was alive, but he didn't know much else. Countless times he asked Benjamin to find her, but he said everything was confidential and he could only do so much. Ryan was staring at the dark green grass and Liam was still chattering away.

Maybe Ryan would reconsider his plan of making Liam miserable. He was truly a good person, with a good heart and he meant well. All he wanted was friendship well maybe he wanted more. After all Liam is a gay guy, but Ryan wasn't exactly straight himself.

"Why don't you like Matt anyways?" Liam asked and Ryan snapped out of his thoughts once again looking to Liam who was munching away at a bag of pretzels.

"I don't not like Matt, but you know he's well, I don't know." Ryan mumbled shrugging his shoulders and Liam blinked a few times.

"Cause that made perfect sense," Liam laughed and Ryan shoved him playfully. "Don't be jealous." He said and Ryan looked at him with wide eyes.

"Jealous?" Ryan questioned and Liam smiled at him continuing to eat his food without saying another word.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello.

Thanks for the comments you guys I'm loving the feedback it makes me feel good knowing I actually have people who like my story.

So once again if you really think it'll kill you to leave a shor and simple comment just copy one of these.

1. Great story, it's interesting and I can't wait for more.
2. This story is awesome! I love it when you update please write more soon!

Alright, thanks for reading hope to see some comments.
=)


-Mimi